Interesting documentary about Cannabis...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropop40

Refugee
Interference is called Interference because it int
I would like to share a documentary with everyone here about an issue that I just recently started to feel very strongly about. Medical Marijuana and marijuana in general has become a very heated debate topic in the current political world (at least in the US) and now 13 states have legalized marijuana for medical use. New Jersey also recently just passed a medical bill.

I personally dont smoke often, and if so, only in moderation. I also never really got involved politically in the legalization debate until I met the mother of my friend. My friend's mom has multiple sclerosis, she has trouble talking, walking, and functioning in today's society. She tried tons of medicine and decided to give Cannabis a try to see if it would help. To her utter surprise, marijuana relaxed her, allowed her to talk much more clearly, and allowed her to walk easier and alleviate many of the symptoms of MS. She calls it a "wonder medicine" and her quality of life has improved tremendously because of it. This is not an unusual story and the sad part about it is that according to the law, my friends mom is a "criminal." In her state, the one medicine that works for her is illegal. This is a sad case and really motivated me to get the word out that there should be more research and open mindedness about the benefits of cannabis.

The following documentary says it all. A friend of mine who was completely against marijuana now has a totally new perspective on the issue thanks to this very well done documentary. I recommend anyone who has an interest in what has and will become a very hot button political issue to watch this as well:

The Union

Would that be Drs Cheech and Chong at the Stoners Institute?

Well he's from San Francisco so not quite. :wink:

Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics - Abstract of article: Vaporization as a Smokeless Cannabis Delivery System: A Pilot Study

Although cannabis may have potential therapeutic value, inhalation of a combustion product is an undesirable delivery system. The aim of the study was to investigate vaporization using the Volcano® device as an alternative means of delivery of inhaled Cannabis sativa. Eighteen healthy inpatient subjects enrolled to compare the delivery of cannabinoids by vaporization to marijuana smoked in a standard cigarette. One strength (1.7, 3.4, or 6.8% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)) and delivery system was randomly assigned for each of the 6 study days. Plasma concentrations of -9-THC, expired carbon monoxide (CO), physiologic and neuropsychologic effects were the main outcome measures. Peak plasma concentrations and 6-h area under the plasma concentration–time curve of THC were similar. CO levels were reduced with vaporization. No adverse events occurred. Vaporization of cannabis is a safe and effective mode of delivery of THC. Further trials of clinical effectiveness of cannabis could utilize vaporization as a smokeless delivery system.

i read something about this, i don't see the problem if it's a substance within the pot, if it relieves symptoms and/or pain, then what's the issue? they said there's no evidence that you get the high, and i think it also said you don't need to smoke it. this was the MS treatment.

i read something about this, i don't see the problem if it's a substance within the pot, if it relieves symptoms and/or pain, then what's the issue? they said there's no evidence that you get the high, and i think it also said you don't need to smoke it. this was the MS treatment.

actually, you dont get the full effect of the pain relief because the neurological compounds within the plant act differently together than the pill form. Using a vaporizer is a safe and more effective way of using medical marijuana. Plus, the "high" is what is the pain relief- they are connected, and if you take enough you can get high from the pills. In fact, the side effects of the pill is "Signs of exaggerated happiness, dizziness, and drowsiness" .... kinda sounds like being high? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom