Influential South African ANC youth leader Julius Malema calls for land grab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
Influential ANC youth leader Malema calls for white owned land to be expropriated

S.Africa's Malema calls for massive land-grab | Top News | Reuters

White people should be treated as “criminals” for “stealing” land from black people, ANC Youth League president Julius Malema told an enthusiastic crowd in Kimberley yesterday where he appeared on the same platform as President Jacob Zuma.

Malema was the main attraction as he pulled out all the stops in his campaign for local elections, now just days away.

“They (whites) have turned our land into game farms… The willing-buyer, willing-seller (system) has failed,” Malema said.

“We must take the land without paying. They took our land without paying. Once we agree they stole our land, we can agree they are criminals and must be treated as such,” he said to cheers from a crowd of about 3 000 people at the Galeshewe stadium, just outside Kimberley.

White people are criminals - Malema - IOL News | IOL.co.za

Tick, tock.

My uncle (who left due to disagreement with the apartheid regime for Namibia almost 3 decades ago) has always maintained that the only thing holding the ANC together and keeping the peace was the fact that Mandela is still alive. After he dies, all bets are off. So this is not altogether surprising.

Very sad indeed, let's hope that we don't have another Zimbabwe in the making.

I traveled southern Africa extensively last year and it was one of the most magical places that you can imagine.

reading the entire article, I can see why his kind of populism has appeal

it seems many of the countries that don't have Europen elites do have their home grown despots,
it is easy to look at the whites with large holdings, they do tend to stand out.

Back
Top Bottom