Indian Man Has Not Eaten in 70 Years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pearl

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
An 83-year-old Indian holy man who says he has spent seven decades without food or water has astounded a team of military doctors who studied him during a two-week observation period.

Prahlad Jani spent a fortnight in a hospital in the western India state of Gujarat under constant surveillance from a team of 30 medics equipped with cameras and closed circuit television. During the period, he neither ate nor drank and did not go to the toilet.

"We still do not know how he survives," neurologist Sudhir Shah told reporters after the end of the experiment. "It is still a mystery what kind of phenomenon this is."
The long-haired and bearded yogi was sealed in a hospital in the city of Ahmedabad in a study initiated by India's Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the state defence and military research institute. The DRDO hopes that the findings, set to be released in greater detail in several months, could help soldiers survive without food and drink, assist astronauts or even save the lives of people trapped in natural disasters.

'Starving yogi' astounds Indian scientists

Wow. I wonder if that's actually true or is he exagerrating?

wooden-indian-statue-big.jpg

This is what popped into my mind when I read the thread title.

Its probably not necessary to turn this thread into one of those threads. Just sayin'

Some people believed one man built a boat that could house two of each species and that he alone re-populated the planet after some flood covered the entire earth.

Which one's more far fetched?

I believe the story of Noah.

I don't believe the story of a man living 70 years without food or water.

Faith in things unseen is such a silly thing.
That's one reason I love it! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom