In case there was any doubt, Sarah Palin is bat shit crazy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most of the posters bashing on Palin in this thread are not parents.

<>

It was great to see Palin throttle Matt and not let him squirm out of the interview. She owned him, and Matt upon relaizing he was losing came around to her side.

<>

i don't need to slip one past the goalie to know what stupid is... and that...

542389855_811a187e7b.jpg

... that right there is fuck nut stupid. does not matter if she was a republican, a democrat, an independent, black, white, chinese, male, female, gay, straight, or a hermaphrodite... she's a fucking moron, and that the republican party keeps shoving her in our face as if we as a society aren't smart enough to realize that she's a fuck nut moron, well then they, too, are fuck nut morons to the tenth power.

people thought bush was stupid... i didn't, i just thought he wasn't a great speaker. but many thought he was. oh no... that's not stupid. this... this woman. that's stupidity. bush is the president of mensa compared to her.

and if by "owned" you mean matt lauer made her look like she barely got out of the 2nd grade and has the common sense of a twig, which may or may not be the name of one of her kids, then yes... i agree. she owned matt, dream boat that he is.

i don't need to slip one past the goalie to know what stupid is... and that...

... i agree. she owned matt, dream boat that he is.

Let's face it you don't like the woman the same way many men do not like Hillary-she grates on you for whatever reason..

However, her overall favorable numbers are better than Hillary's.

And that you create a profanity lace thread dropping the f bomb all over the place demonstrates some deep seated issues.

Lastly, I think David Lettreman will survive his ill advised humor, although it will be a regrettable permanent stain on his career that the majority of Americans will not forget.

<>

Let's face it you don't like the woman the same way many men do not like Hillary-she grates on you for whatever reason..

And that you create a profanity lace thread dropping the f bomb all over the place demonstrates some deep seated issues.

Lastly, I think David Lettreman will survive his ill advised humor, although it will be a regrettable permanent stain on his career that the majority of Americans will not forget.

<>

But Headache posted an unflattering picture of her. That's proof that Palin is crazy. :|

As for Letterman, I don't think it'll matter much. He's sucked for years. I can't remember the last time I laughed at anything he said or did. He's angry, frustrated, and has gotten less funny as he has gotten more political and biased. Leno never would have said that. Johnny Carson never would have said that. He needs to be a man and a role model for his son (who was born out of wedlock, but we can't make jokes about that :|) and apologize. None of that wimpy, trying-to-be-cute-and-funny semi-apology, but an actual, decent one.

<>

oh she doesn't "grate" me. i'm sure she's a very pleasant woman, and i'd probably enjoy sitting down and having a beer or two with her... maybe even go out and explode bambi's brain with a rifle from 100 yards out, just for shits and giggles.

i do not dislike her... i just think she has no business being on a natonal stage, because she is severly lacking in what i like to call common sense.

lastly, i think david letterman will get a ratings boost out of this, and in 6 days the majority of americans won't even remember it took place.

regrettable stain? please... her daughter got knocked up, he made a joke about it. only a bear of little brain would honestly believe he was insinuating that a-rod should rape her other daughter, cornpuff or whatever her name is.

But Headache posted an unflattering picture of her. That's proof that Palin is crazy. :|

As for Letterman, I don't think it'll matter much. He's sucked for years. I can't remember the last time I laughed at anything he said or did. He's angry, frustrated, and has gotten less funny as he has gotten more political and biased. Leno never would have said that. Johnny Carson never would have said that. He needs to be a man and a role model for his son (who was born out of wedlock, but we can't make jokes about that :|) and apologize. None of that wimpy, trying-to-be-cute-and-funny semi-apology, but an actual, decent one.

sarah-palin-b_1.jpg

happy?

you want an unflattering pitcure? here's one...

don-imus-photo.jpg

that's pretty unflattering.

it's also amazing... AMAZING... yet actually, not amazing... republicans all came running to the defense of Imus, who isn't even republican mind you...

yet here now is another person involved in COMEDY who makes a joke and OH MY GOD, OH THE HUMANITY!!! WON'T ANYBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!!

give me a break.

i defended Imus, i'll defend Letterman. if it's not your taste, turn the channel. Palin's response is far more offensive to me based on her utter stupidity than anything Letterman has ever said.

I am enjoying the current overriding principle in American politics: deride and defame anyone who disagrees with you. "Stupid"... "whore"... "slut"... "bat shit crazy"... "fuck nut crazy"... "moron"... Charming.

Edited to add: one can certainly disagree with her without resorting to crude name-calling. If one wants to say that she comes across as "exploiting a joke for political gain," that's one example. If one wants to say that she hasn't seemed to come to grips with the fact that her 15 minutes are up, that's another.

Does it really have anything to do with agreeing with her or not?

She's a public figure, and like it or not people will label public figures.

And let's face it, she is not a bright woman, or at least she doesn't come off as one, why pretend otherwise?

Yeah, I wish there was more publicized outrage or condemnation of mocking her for her looks or what-have-you. She has plenty of other things to mock her about without having to resort to sexist bullshit.

Letterman's "slutty stewardess" was irritating and unnecessary, but it's been overshadowed by this other nonsense.

I don't think the constant abuse says anything more about her than it says about the people who just can't let it fucking go.

Sure, relatively speaking, she's a dimwit. That's just an observation.
But to continually pound on her as if she had done something wrong?

The people who deserve the abuse are the cynical FUCKNUTS who approved of her being on the ballot in the first place. Those who immediately turned on her and blamed her for the loss, post-election. Those who coveted the Dumbass Vote. Blame them. They should be joking about John McCain and the Republican National Party, who signed off on her as a candidate for Vp.

The election is over. Her national candidacy is a fraud. Let it go.
I don't mind the stupid Letterman jokes (I think Palin overreacted, but she's doing it for political gain, so she's an opportunist) but I am talking about the general sentiment towards her. It's sort of hostile and not all different from the way Hillary has been treated.

I am speaking generally to the "Olbermann crowd" or the like.
These folks really, really need to get a grip.

One interesting difference is that the left condemns misogyny against Hilary, but turns a blind eye in respect of Palin.

Respectfully, if you consider the National Org. for Women to be left or left leaning, then that's not true. They put Dave on their Hall of Shame list.

Have a look:

NOW's Media Hall of Shame

it's also amazing... AMAZING... yet actually, not amazing... republicans all came running to the defense of Imus, who isn't even republican mind you...

And I could point out the hypocrisy from the left, many of whom came forward demanding his firing. Even after Imus apologized, met with the team, met with Sharpton and was fired, the left was still angry. And that was an unscripted moment on live radio made in response to something one of his co-hosts said. Letterman's "joke" was planned, written on a cue card, and could have been edited out if they later felt it was over the line.

Seriously, the obsession you and others seem to have with Palin is just disturbing. I think there's something about strong, attractive women standing up for what they believe in (see Carrie Prejean) who are the antithesis of a liberal Democrat. And when they appear, the always-enraged left pounces, and we have Letterman calling Palin slutty and Michael Musto saying Carrie Prejean used to be a man. And when they respond to defend themselves, they're only vilified more.

I don't understand it. Liberals and Democrats control basically everything in the country right now. The elections are over, and they killed. Let it go. Why the obsession with this woman? The only answer I can fathom is fear.

Fear that some people think she'd be a good leader, sure. Or fear that she came thiiiiis close to being second-in-command.

;)

That being said, I think Letterman is a bitter old crank and Palin is milking it (or was - I haven't heard anything new in the last day or so).

I think I know whats going on now. Don't have much to say, except I agree that Letterman really is just a "bitter old crank," haha. As far as I'm concerned, he's doing this for attention since he's been getting owned by the Tonight Show. I never found him funny either... was almost unbearable having to sit through him to see U2 for a week

Male or female, at the end of the day, she kills animals for fun. Fail. Any society who votes for someone like her as a leader needs to take a long hard look at themselves and needs to realign their moral compass.

The only answer I can fathom is fear.

I think you are right, it is partly to do with fear...

Fear that some of you actually look to this woman or Carrie Prejan as strong leaders. That scares me. There are extremely intelligent conservatives, these two women are not part of that crowd.

I think there's something about strong, attractive women standing up for what they believe in (see Carrie Prejean) who are the antithesis of a liberal Democrat.

Yeah, you've nailed it here.

Every time when we stand up for something, like say pro-choice rights, we're pounded on by liberal Democrats. The Republicans stand with us, like brothers in arms though.

One interesting difference is that the left condemns misogyny against Hilary, but turns a blind eye in respect of Palin.

Actually, if I recall correctly (and I do), much of the left turned a blind eye on misogynistic comments against Hillary during the primaries.

I did not believe Imus should have been fired for his comments, but he should have been called to task and there should have been discussion about it. I believe the same about Letterman.

And I could point out the hypocrisy from the left, many of whom came forward demanding his firing. Even after Imus apologized, met with the team, met with Sharpton and was fired, the left was still angry. And that was an unscripted moment on live radio made in response to something one of his co-hosts said. Letterman's "joke" was planned, written on a cue card, and could have been edited out if they later felt it was over the line.

Seriously, the obsession you and others seem to have with Palin is just disturbing. I think there's something about strong, attractive women standing up for what they believe in (see Carrie Prejean) who are the antithesis of a liberal Democrat. And when they appear, the always-enraged left pounces, and we have Letterman calling Palin slutty and Michael Musto saying Carrie Prejean used to be a man. And when they respond to defend themselves, they're only vilified more.

I don't understand it. Liberals and Democrats control basically everything in the country right now. The elections are over, and they killed. Let it go. Why the obsession with this woman? The only answer I can fathom is fear.

listen up, buckeroo...

I AM NOT A DEMOCRAT.

i'm not on the left, i've voted for more republicans in my live than democrats.

technicaly i'm still a registered republican, even though i consider myself to be a moderate independent who believes both parties have lost their way.

what now, brown cow?

or do i have to be on the left because i think the best thing for our country would be for palin to simply go away, because she has no business being in the national public spotlight like she is.

Yeah, you've nailed it here.

Every time when we stand up for something, like say pro-choice rights, we're pounded on by liberal Democrats. The Republicans stand with us, like brothers in arms though.
brothers with arms even

!

listen up, buckeroo...

I AM NOT A DEMOCRAT.

RINO. :wink:

or do i have to be on the left because i think the best thing for our country would be for palin to simply go away, because she has no business being in the national public spotlight like she is.

Apparently you didn't get the memo - you can't consider yourself a Republican unless you like Sarah Palin - it's the new litmus test. It doesn't matter if she's demonstrated time and again that she's out of her depth when it comes to discussing important issues, or even what media she reads ("all of them" - brilliant!). Party unity trumps all. United we stand!

I don't think the constant abuse says anything more about her than it says about the people who just can't let it fucking go.

Sure, relatively speaking, she's a dimwit. That's just an observation.
But to continually pound on her as if she had done something wrong?

The people who deserve the abuse are the cynical FUCKNUTS who approved of her being on the ballot in the first place. Those who immediately turned on her and blamed her for the loss, post-election. Those who coveted the Dumbass Vote. Blame them. They should be joking about John McCain and the Republican National Party, who signed off on her as a candidate for Vp.

The election is over. Her national candidacy is a fraud. Let it go.
I don't mind the stupid Letterman jokes (I think Palin overreacted, but she's doing it for political gain, so she's an opportunist) but I am talking about the general sentiment towards her. It's sort of hostile and not all different from the way Hillary has been treated.

I am speaking generally to the "Olbermann crowd" or the like.
These folks really, really need to get a grip.

Exactly. She’s stupid and crazy – I saw her interviewed on CNN over the weekend and she made no sense at all, her brain only seems to work a micro second faster than her mouth, but not quite fast enough to construct proper sentences let alone a thoughtful argument - but she was launched by others. Of course she’s going to run with it, but I agree the mocking should be directed toward those who back her and those who support her. Everyone who interviews McCain should still be asking, "And what the f*ck exactly were you thinking?!?!? Where you trying to sabotage yourself, and what if you had actually won?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom