In case there was any doubt, Sarah Palin is bat shit crazy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you not see Diamond's posts in the other thread about people protesting and asking for his firing?

It was a racist comment, clear and simple.

She did this to herself???!!! I'm sorry did she have any say as to how she was born? WOW!!!

Do you know the history of racism and reference to monkeys and gorillas? I'd say I'm shocked but I'm not...

The difference here, besides the blatant ignorance on both of your parts, is that this wan't a comedian on a talk show that's paid to tell jokes.

Wow, just wow!!! It just shines through...

Such feigned outrage...

All that 2861U2 was saying is that some leftwing people are blaming Palin for the Letterman controversy simply for choosing to be in the public eye, so if rightwingers adopted a similar approach to this controversy, they would blame Michelle Obama for bringing it on herself simply by being in the public eye.

Such feigned outrage...

All that 2861U2 was saying is that some leftwing people are blaming Palin for the Letterman controversy simply for choosing to be in the public eye, so if rightwingers adopted a similar approach to this controversy, they would blame Michelle Obama for bringing it on herself simply by being in the public eye.

No, the argument with Palin wasn't simply because of her being in the public eye, it's because of the way she chooses to conduct herself in the public eye - big difference there.

Can you tell me how Michelle Obama conducts herself that could be construed to be ape-like? Or is it simply that she exists as a black woman?

Such feigned outrage...

You can't honestly think this is compable.

Yes they are both in the spotlight.

Palin's joke was about a knocked up daughter, which she had one and paraded her around, that was her choice... the joke was poor choice, but they were both choices.

I'm still weighting on the comparison...

Um, Michelle chose to be a black woman in the spotlight?

So now black women should stay out of the spotlight or they are bringing on the racism themselves?

Wow they two of you are cute together.

I'm learning a lot today, fear is the motivation of making fun of uninformed people and black women should stay in the shadows...

You would never say something like that if it was a leftwing group protesting something. Never in a million years. In fact, if a conservative FYM poster said that a gay rights group or the NAACP should consider finding useful work to do during the day, they would be called a bigot.

BS.

I've never protested at any of the things that you'd label leftwing. Not once, not even those big war protests. Don't think it's productive either.

But keep on making those wrong guesses.

You can't honestly think this is compable.

Yes they are both in the spotlight.

Palin's joke was about a knocked up daughter, which she had one and paraded her around, that was her choice... the joke was poor choice, but they were both choices.

I'm still weighting on the comparison...

Um, Michelle chose to be a black woman in the spotlight?

So now black women should stay out of the spotlight or they are bringing on the racism themselves?

Wow they two of you are cute together.

I'm learning a lot today, fear is the motivation of making fun of uninformed people and black women should stay in the shadows...

So you think 'jokes' saying 14 year old daughters of politicians are prostitutes are ok?

No, the argument with Palin wasn't simply because of her being in the public eye, it's because of the way she chooses to conduct herself in the public eye - big difference there.

Can you tell me how Michelle Obama conducts herself that could be construed to be ape-like? Or is it simply that she exists as a black woman?

This is like one of those 'when did you stop beating your wife' questions. I'll adopt the same approach - why do you think it is ok for comedians to 'joke' about 14 year old daughters of politicians being prostitutes?

This is like one of those 'when did you stop beating your wife' questions. I'll adopt the same approach - why do you think it is ok for comedians to 'joke' about 14 year old daughters of ooliticians prostitutes?

No, that isn't whatever type of question that you claim it is, it's a pretty straightforward question. One that you can't answer, obviously. And I'm not taking your bait. Nice attempt at dodging, though.

Whether or no you personally go on protests is not the issue, the fact remains no liberal poster would ever say that the NAACP should get stop protesting and get jobs.

First of all it had nothing to do with prostitutes, and the intention wasn't the 14 year old...

Yes it most certainly does. Letterman implied Palin's daughter was a hooker that was having sex with players at this game she attended. You obviously didn't even view the segment. You are debating the issue but you don't have the first notion about what actually happened or what was said in the segment.

No, that isn't whatever type of question that you claim it is, it's a pretty straightforward question. One that you can't answer, obviously. And I'm not taking your bait. Nice attempt at dodging, though.

So conservative posters are now deemed automatic racists unless they can prove otherwise? This place has really hit a new low today.

Why on earth should I answer should a nonsensical question?

Yes it most certainly does. Letterman implied Palin's daughter was a hooker that was having sex with players at this game she attended. You obviously didn't even view the segment. You are debating the issue but you don't have the first notion about what actually happened or what was said in the segment.

Please show me a transcript where he once implied 'hooker'.

Whether or no you personally go on protests is not the issue, the fact remains no liberal poster would ever say that the NAACP should get stop protesting and get jobs.

First of all, the NAACP is an organization which, among other things, protests certain actions. That is their job.

Second, you said:

You would never say something like that if it was a leftwing group protesting something. Never in a million years.

Which is complete bullshit. In fact, when I was asked to protest at an anti-war rally, my precise response to my friend was "no thanks, it's totally unproductive" and then, you know what I did that day? WENT TO WORK!

But hey, keep calling us all hypocrites, gives you something to be outraged about.

So conservative posters are now deemed automatic racists unless they can prove otherwise? This place has really hit a new low today.

You look the fool. You're implying I haven't seen the joke, you imply she assumes all conservatives are racist until proven otherwise, and both are in plain sight for everyone to see that you are wrong.

Being labeled "promiscuous" is entirely different from being called a "hooker".

Yes it most certainly does. Letterman implied Palin's daughter was a hooker that was having sex with players at this game she attended.

If you want to argue the point, at least be accurate.

Hookers get remunerated for their services. Letterman made no such implication.

No, I was simply providing you the basis under which Palin has left herself (and to some degree, her family) open to being fodder for late night comedy monologues that could result in jokes, no matter how ill-advised, being told about her or her family - her public conduct. In return, I was asking you how Michelle Obama's public conduct could have possibly left her open to being compared to an ape. And, you either have no answer, or feel that it's not worth answering. And then you're reading some sort of racist accusation into my comment, and generalizing it to my feelings about all conservatives.

When you read it all spelled out like that, it's pretty obvious you're reaching some unfounded conclusions.

No, I was simply providing you the basis under which Palin has left herself (and to some degree, her family) open to being fodder for late night comedy monologues that could result in jokes, no matter how ill-advised, being told about her or her family - her public conduct. In return, I was asking you how Michelle Obama's public conduct could have possibly left her open to being compared to an ape. And, you either have no answer, or feel that it's not worth answering. And then you're reading some sort of racist accusation into my comment, and generalizing it to my feelings about all conservatives.

When you read it all spelled out like that, it's pretty obvious you're reaching some unfounded conclusions.

I understand what you mean now. It is sometimes the case that accusations of racism/homophobia are incorrectly read into things as, unfortunately, some posters make such accusations against those with a conservative view point very frequently on here - on an almost daily basis, in one case. A case of the boy who cried wolf in reverse almost.

In fact it wasn't me that made the original comparison, it was another poster, but it is clear that the outrage regarding the Letterman comments is a lot less, and carefully hedged with obfuscation in the case of some contributions, than with the Imus comments, for example, which, IIRC, dragged on here for days after it had largely disappeared from the airwaves as a cause celebre. A sort of hierarchy of victimhood, one could call it.

unfortunately, some posters make such accusations against those with a conservative view point very frequently on here - on an almost daily basis, in one case.

Oh this is such bullshit. It has nothing to do with conservative views. You like to play vicitm a lot, and you just showed everyone in here how quickly you can pounce and attack just for the sake of attacking.

No, I was simply providing you the basis under which Palin has left herself (and to some degree, her family) open to being fodder for late night comedy monologues that could result in jokes, no matter how ill-advised, being told about her or her family - her public conduct.

What does Palin's embarrassing campaign interviews...or even her assertion that Obama palled around with known domestic terrorists...

have to do with her teenage daughters?

BTW, I disagree with the contention that Letterman is clear of the charge that he implied Palin's daughter might be a hooker, it was at least implicit in what he said with regard to the second comment regarding an assocation with Eliot Spitzer.

You're reaching big time...

What does Palin's embarrassing campaign interviews...or even her assertion that Obama palled around with known domestic terrorists...

have to do with her teenage daughters?

Well, agreed. Palin didn't bring her family into it more than any other politican, including male liberal politicians such as, for example John Kerry, or even Saint Barack. It was elements in the media, specifically the anti-family values crowd, that decided to make an issue of Palin's family when it was discovered that one of her daughters was going to have a child out of wedlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom