In case there was any doubt, Sarah Palin is bat shit crazy. - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 10:51 PM   #121
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post

multitudes of people converged from afar

just to gaze upon her fair face,

and to hear her weighty words of wisdom.
triggered a Neil Young song in deep's skull

He came dancing across the water
With his galleons and guns
Looking for the new world
In that palace in the sun.

On the shore lay Montezuma
With his coca leaves and pearls
In his halls he often wondered
With the secrets of the worlds.

And his subjects gathered 'round him
Like the leaves around a tree
In their clothes of many colors
For the angry gods to see.

And the women all were beautiful
And the men stood straight and strong
They offered life in sacrifice
So that others could go on.

Hate was just a legend
And war was never known
The people worked together
And they lifted many stones.

They carried them to the flatlands
And they died along the way
But they built up with their bare hands
What we still can't do today.

And I know she's living there
And she loves me to this day
I still can't remember when
Or how I lost my way.

He came dancing across the water
Cortez, Cortez
What a killer.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:53 PM   #122
Blue Crack Distributor

Letterman delivers an apology tonight in his monologue. Points to Dave for doing a straight-forward, plain apology and none of the "I'm sorry you were offended" bullshit that we see too often.

Here's hoping this story dies out now and we can back off yet another round of "Palin is X" / "No, how dare you, she's Y!" I'm sure we'll be having another one in ... oh, a month.

It was kind of a coarse joke. There's no getting around it," Letterman said in the opening monologue of Monday night's show. ...Letterman said Monday night that he now realizes, "It doesn't make any difference what my intent was, it's the perception."

"As they say about jokes, if you have to explain the joke, it's not a very good joke," he said. "I take full blame for that."

"I told a bad joke. I told a joke that was beyond flawed," he said.

"So, I would like to apologize, especially to the two daughters involved, Bristol and Willow, and also to the governor and her family and everybody else who was outraged by the joke," Letterman said. "I'm sorry about it and I'll try to do better in the future.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time - Blogs from CNN.com

Old 06-15-2009, 10:56 PM   #123
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Here's a snippet:

It went on and used the rest of the answer, and then the writers added a little towards the end.
So that is the one answer
you were referring to.

Her answer on health care?
Old 06-15-2009, 11:01 PM   #124
Val
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Do you think you could be too biased to be objective in your opinion of Palin?

She never said she could see Russia from her backyard or front porch or anywhere else........

YouTube - Palin on her insight into Russian Politics
Old 06-15-2009, 11:03 PM   #125
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:08 AM
Quote:
So that is the one answer
you were referring to.

Her answer on health care?
It was actually a question about the bailout.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:03 PM   #126
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Letterman delivers an apology tonight in his monologue. Points to Dave for doing a straight-forward, plain apology and none of the "I'm sorry you were offended" bullshit that we see too often.

Here's hoping this story dies out now and we can back off yet another round of "Palin is X" / "No, how dare you, she's Y!" I'm sure we'll be having another one in ... oh, a month.

It was kind of a coarse joke. There's no getting around it," Letterman said in the opening monologue of Monday night's show. ...Letterman said Monday night that he now realizes, "It doesn't make any difference what my intent was, it's the perception."

"As they say about jokes, if you have to explain the joke, it's not a very good joke," he said. "I take full blame for that."

"So, I would like to apologize, especially to the two daughters involved, Bristol and Willow, and also to the governor and her family and everybody else who was outraged by the joke," Letterman said. "I'm sorry about it and I'll try to do better in the future.

Letterman manned up.

It really was not that hard.

A smart thing to do.

I don't blame him for taking some time.

There were things to consider. Should he apologize every time a person does not like being the butt of his joke? No

Clinton, Spitzer, Hugh Grant no apologies.

McCain apologized for telling a joke about Chelsea Clinton and he did not do it on national T V.

Do we want a precedent where they can make crude jokes about Obama daughters when they are 14 or even 18?
I hope not.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:07 PM   #127
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
triggered a Neil Young song in deep's skull
Awesome, you added a few spaces and made me sound as poetic as Neil Young.

Quote:

What? No apology to A-Rod? :gasp:

Nice of him to smooth things over. He's never struck me as a malicious or cruel man, and I've been a fan since the 80's.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:12 PM   #128
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:08 AM
I guess my whole point about Palin is that I feel if you want to be good at your job or craft you have to take the initiative to inform yourself about the pertinent information.

The best sales people not only know the products but they try and get to know their client, the read sales technique books, and keep up to date with their industry.

The best musicians not only practice their instrument but they listen to music and not just the genre they participate in, they genuinely love music.

The best architects learn the greats but also keep up with the current changes in the industry, materials, and methods.

She doesn't come off as someone who is genuinely interested in learning and keeping up with the world's current events, she doesn't come off as someone who wants to be informed. This is not the sign of someone who should be running the U.S.

She is no longer just a hockey mom governor of Alaska, she is someone that was running for the VP/ possible President of the U.S. The expectations change once you choose to take that role.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:41 AM   #129
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
If by that you mean popular strong conservative women, then we have a few- Palin, Hutchison, Rice, Murkowski.

while these women are Republicans, are they conservatives? would they pass the Rush litmus test were they men?

how many of them are anti-choice?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:44 AM   #130
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:08 AM

Quote:
Letterman manned up.

Do we want a precedent where they can make crude jokes about Obama daughters when they are 14 or even 18?
I hope not.
He didn't "man-up".
He's really not sincere and this apology was calculated.

The man's a weasel, and this is the best he could do.

<>
Old 06-16-2009, 12:46 AM   #131
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
The left and the media fear Palin's popularity and attraction, and to counter that they call her names and attack her family and say that her infant son was not actually her child- anything to get people to laugh at her. That's why I see so much personal attack and so little actual policy debate by her detractors.

Palin is not popular. she is popular amongst the base of the GOP, but she has NO crossover appeal. none.

it's fun to see the right wing pull out "the media is against us" card, as if Anderson Cooper and Letterman get notes from the White House.

there's little to fear about Palin. she won't make it out of the primaries. and perhaps people would attack other things about her if she actually knew anything about the issues and had something of substance to offer. right now, she's a clown, a joke, a punchline. perhaps if she could articulate a semi-coherent policy position, then the conversation would change. but for now she represents some of the absolute worst Know-Nothing aspects of the USA.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:48 AM   #132
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

note that, with Palin, this is what we're discussing. not Israel, not Iran, not oil, not global warming, not Netanyahu's astonishing call for a two-state solution.

someone was mean to my kid!

*that's* the level of discourse offered by Sarah Palin. she belongs on a reality show with the hot father of her grandchild.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:05 AM   #133
Val
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:08 AM
I thought Letterman was brilliant tonight.

And by the way, I am a mother and am very protective of my daughter. I would never compromise her privacy for my own gain. I think Gov. Palin owes her daughters an apology as well.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:03 AM   #134
She's the One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
she belongs on a reality show with the hot father of her grandchild.
orly?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #135
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val View Post
I think Gov. Palin owes her daughters an apology as well.

this is the most insightful comment of the thread so far. thank you.

Tags
sarah palin