In case there was any doubt, Sarah Palin is bat shit crazy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've been taught one thing this week. The reason the "real" conservatives aren't coming in here and defending Palin in any real way is they're scared. It's out of fear. They fear we are right. They fear it was just a joke and that freedom of speech defends that joke. They fear that Palin just might not be as informed as they once hoped. They fear.

Why try? It's too early for the primaries. Even if the excuse is that she was rushed during the McCain campaign or not, who knows if she will get better in dealing with the media in the coming years? There are other candidates. What matters are the policies. The bigger fish to fry for Republicans is trying to be a REAL alternative to the democrats. If they are not you might as well have democrats all the way.

Hey, guess what? Palin has accepted Cranky Dave's apology. Can we move on now, too?

Doesn't matter, he offended the majority America on public TV, that's what the average liberal FYMer doesn't get.

Word up liberal FYM poster: Your values are not in line with America's.

Time will tell if this leads to Letterman's eventual demise.

<>

This thread has had a lot of silly posts.

This event is a big net plus for Palin.

And a net loss for everyone that jumped on her for no reason.

All she did was take her 14 year old to a baseball game.

Letterman said "The joke, really, in and of itself, can not be defended". ( I guess he did not see this thread)

I have to walk away from this thread right now, because I'm very close to saying something that would likely get me banned.

So have a nice day, diamond.

Do you really think that the majority of America gives a shit? Really? You're being incredibly petty over a non-issue.

I have to say that I'm very jealous of these people - it must be really nice to have this much time on one's hands. It must be even nicer that this is such a huge political/public issue in their lives. I don't know what kind of utopia they live in, but wow, it must be fantastic that everything is so great and that they can now devote themselves fully to the hijinks of Alaskan hillbillies.

I wanna live there too.

Letterman said "The joke, really, in and of itself, can not be defended".

But then he went on to parse his words, and poo-poo the situation, w Schafer chiming in- so it was insincere in it's totality and most people didn't like it.

A) He joked about rape inolving a public servant's child.
B) Jamie Spears isn't even an elected official so it's not the same thing, but still wrong.
C) If one's only denfese is to tag decent people with names, this speaks volumes about one's character.

It's as simple as ABC.

<>

A. He never mentioned rape.

B. Why should elected official make a difference?

C. If all you have is making huge stretches and making exceptions for people then this speaks volumes of your objectivity.

BVS, please.

We all know that diamond doesn't tag decent people with names and therefore we can't pass judgment on his character. Especially public servants, he just loves Hillary!!!

I mean, thank God for the archives here, else we'd all be thinking that we're crazy while reading his self-righteous outrage here.

Why try? It's too early for the primaries. Even if the excuse is that she was rushed during the McCain campaign or not, who knows if she will get better in dealing with the media in the coming years? There are other candidates. What matters are the policies. The bigger fish to fry for Republicans is trying to be a REAL alternative to the democrats. If they are not you might as well have democrats all the way.

Oscar, how did you get any of this from my post? :huh::huh::huh:

I would say I'm baffled, but I'm really not...

A. He never mentioned rape.

B. Why should elected official make a difference?

C. If all you have is making huge stretches and making exceptions for people then this speaks volumes of your objectivity.

Wow, you just don't get it.

<>

BVS, please.

We all know that diamond doesn't tag decent people with names and therefore we can't pass judgment on his character. Especially public servants, he just loves Hillary!!!

I mean, thank God for the archives here, else we'd all be thinking that we're crazy while reading his self-righteous outrage here.

Again context is needed here.

First I'm not on public TV, I'm on a message board.

Second even with my huge dislike of Hillary's politics I never joked about her in a sexual way. I pointed out she was an angry woman and posed questions mostly about her anger and if she was suitable for office.

So, knock yourself out Martina: seach the archives.

<>

Second even with my huge dislike of Hillary's politics I never joked about her in a sexual way. I pointed out she was an angry woman and posed questions mostly about her anger and if she was suitable for office.
<>

You called her a man, shrew, witch, and hinted she was castrating to men.

None of which would work if it was a male politician, they were all attacks on her being a female.

Nice try though...

Doesn't matter, he offended the majority America on public TV, that's what the average liberal FYMer doesn't get.

Word up liberal FYM poster: Your values are not in line with America's.

<>

except that it's not. it has nothing to do with "values." it has nothing to do with anything of any importance. there's a potential sea change going on in Iran, there's a glimmer of hope in the Middle East, and that's what the adults are talking about while the Republicans are living like it's 2005 and they've got to dominate the news cycle. the GOP is shrinking. the party is dying. Palin has limited appeal. there's no evidence at all that "America" cares at all about Palin's little media stunt (that belies her total lack of substance).

that's what you don't get.

the GOP is shrinking. the party is dying

i've seen you throw up a list of stories that are being overlooked

because Letterman told an indefensible (his words) joke and he did not have the smarts to squash it the next day.

the GOP is shrinking? is that so? not in the N Y Senate (a story that does not make your list) :wink:

You called her a man, shrew, witch, and hinted she was castrating to men.

None of which would work if it was a male politician, they were all attacks on her being a female.

Nice try though...

But didn't joke about her in a explicit sexual way.

Weak try on your part, plus I'm not on public TV.

<>

except that it's not. it has nothing to do with "values." it has nothing to do with anything of any importance. there's a potential sea change going on in Iran, there's a glimmer of hope in the Middle East, and that's what the adults are talking about while the Republicans are living like it's 2005 and they've got to dominate the news cycle.

:up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up:

But didn't joke about her in a explicit sexual way.

I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinski.

You don't get to do this sketchy verbal arithmetic until you get a law degree, plz, thanks.

I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinski.

You don't get to do this sketchy verbal arithmetic until you get a law degree, plz, thanks.

depends how one would define sketchy I suppose.

bill-clinton-in-esquire1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom