In case there was any doubt, Sarah Palin is bat shit crazy. - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #46
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,700
Local Time: 08:47 PM
__________________

__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 06-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #47
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,641
Local Time: 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
One interesting difference is that the left condemns misogyny against Hilary, but turns a blind eye in respect of Palin.

You don't see the difference between Letterman and a politician or news anchor?

Please show me where "the left" turns a blind eye?
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 06-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 10:47 PM
I don't think the constant abuse says anything more about her than it says about the people who just can't let it fucking go.

Sure, relatively speaking, she's a dimwit. That's just an observation.
But to continually pound on her as if she had done something wrong?

The people who deserve the abuse are the cynical FUCKNUTS who approved of her being on the ballot in the first place. Those who immediately turned on her and blamed her for the loss, post-election. Those who coveted the Dumbass Vote. Blame them. They should be joking about John McCain and the Republican National Party, who signed off on her as a candidate for Vp.

The election is over. Her national candidacy is a fraud. Let it go.
I don't mind the stupid Letterman jokes (I think Palin overreacted, but she's doing it for political gain, so she's an opportunist) but I am talking about the general sentiment towards her. It's sort of hostile and not all different from the way Hillary has been treated.

I am speaking generally to the "Olbermann crowd" or the like.
These folks really, really need to get a grip.
__________________
U2DMfan is offline  
Old 06-13-2009, 10:58 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Jeannieco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A HEART THAT IS BROKEN IS A HEART THAT IS OPEN
Posts: 4,954
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
One interesting difference is that the left condemns misogyny against Hilary, but turns a blind eye in respect of Palin.
Respectfully, if you consider the National Org. for Women to be left or left leaning, then that's not true. They put Dave on their Hall of Shame list.

Have a look:

NOW's Media Hall of Shame
__________________
Jeannieco is offline  
Old 06-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,249
Local Time: 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
it's also amazing... AMAZING... yet actually, not amazing... republicans all came running to the defense of Imus, who isn't even republican mind you...
And I could point out the hypocrisy from the left, many of whom came forward demanding his firing. Even after Imus apologized, met with the team, met with Sharpton and was fired, the left was still angry. And that was an unscripted moment on live radio made in response to something one of his co-hosts said. Letterman's "joke" was planned, written on a cue card, and could have been edited out if they later felt it was over the line.

Seriously, the obsession you and others seem to have with Palin is just disturbing. I think there's something about strong, attractive women standing up for what they believe in (see Carrie Prejean) who are the antithesis of a liberal Democrat. And when they appear, the always-enraged left pounces, and we have Letterman calling Palin slutty and Michael Musto saying Carrie Prejean used to be a man. And when they respond to defend themselves, they're only vilified more.

I don't understand it. Liberals and Democrats control basically everything in the country right now. The elections are over, and they killed. Let it go. Why the obsession with this woman? The only answer I can fathom is fear.
__________________
2861U2 is offline  
Old 06-13-2009, 11:17 PM   #51
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,700
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Fear that some people think she'd be a good leader, sure. Or fear that she came thiiiiis close to being second-in-command.



That being said, I think Letterman is a bitter old crank and Palin is milking it (or was - I haven't heard anything new in the last day or so).
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 06-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #52
WCF
The Fly
 
WCF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 258
Local Time: 08:47 PM
I think I know whats going on now. Don't have much to say, except I agree that Letterman really is just a "bitter old crank," haha. As far as I'm concerned, he's doing this for attention since he's been getting owned by the Tonight Show. I never found him funny either... was almost unbearable having to sit through him to see U2 for a week
__________________
WCF is offline  
Old 06-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
intedomine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 7,947
Local Time: 02:47 PM
Male or female, at the end of the day, she kills animals for fun. Fail. Any society who votes for someone like her as a leader needs to take a long hard look at themselves and needs to realign their moral compass.
__________________
intedomine is offline  
Old 06-13-2009, 11:32 PM   #54
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,641
Local Time: 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
The only answer I can fathom is fear.
I think you are right, it is partly to do with fear...

Fear that some of you actually look to this woman or Carrie Prejan as strong leaders. That scares me. There are extremely intelligent conservatives, these two women are not part of that crowd.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 06-13-2009, 11:33 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,271
Local Time: 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
I think there's something about strong, attractive women standing up for what they believe in (see Carrie Prejean) who are the antithesis of a liberal Democrat.
Yeah, you've nailed it here.

Every time when we stand up for something, like say pro-choice rights, we're pounded on by liberal Democrats. The Republicans stand with us, like brothers in arms though.
__________________
anitram is online now  
Old 06-14-2009, 08:00 AM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BonosSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,566
Local Time: 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
One interesting difference is that the left condemns misogyny against Hilary, but turns a blind eye in respect of Palin.

Actually, if I recall correctly (and I do), much of the left turned a blind eye on misogynistic comments against Hillary during the primaries.

I did not believe Imus should have been fired for his comments, but he should have been called to task and there should have been discussion about it. I believe the same about Letterman.
__________________
BonosSaint is offline  
Old 06-14-2009, 09:31 AM   #57
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,327
Local Time: 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
And I could point out the hypocrisy from the left, many of whom came forward demanding his firing. Even after Imus apologized, met with the team, met with Sharpton and was fired, the left was still angry. And that was an unscripted moment on live radio made in response to something one of his co-hosts said. Letterman's "joke" was planned, written on a cue card, and could have been edited out if they later felt it was over the line.

Seriously, the obsession you and others seem to have with Palin is just disturbing. I think there's something about strong, attractive women standing up for what they believe in (see Carrie Prejean) who are the antithesis of a liberal Democrat. And when they appear, the always-enraged left pounces, and we have Letterman calling Palin slutty and Michael Musto saying Carrie Prejean used to be a man. And when they respond to defend themselves, they're only vilified more.

I don't understand it. Liberals and Democrats control basically everything in the country right now. The elections are over, and they killed. Let it go. Why the obsession with this woman? The only answer I can fathom is fear.


listen up, buckeroo...

I AM NOT A DEMOCRAT.

i'm not on the left, i've voted for more republicans in my live than democrats.

technicaly i'm still a registered republican, even though i consider myself to be a moderate independent who believes both parties have lost their way.

what now, brown cow?

or do i have to be on the left because i think the best thing for our country would be for palin to simply go away, because she has no business being in the national public spotlight like she is.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 06-14-2009, 10:14 AM   #58
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,016
Local Time: 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Yeah, you've nailed it here.

Every time when we stand up for something, like say pro-choice rights, we're pounded on by liberal Democrats. The Republicans stand with us, like brothers in arms though.
brothers with arms even
__________________
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is offline  
Old 06-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #59
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 10:47 PM
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
listen up, buckeroo...

I AM NOT A DEMOCRAT.
RINO.

Quote:
or do i have to be on the left because i think the best thing for our country would be for palin to simply go away, because she has no business being in the national public spotlight like she is.
Apparently you didn't get the memo - you can't consider yourself a Republican unless you like Sarah Palin - it's the new litmus test. It doesn't matter if she's demonstrated time and again that she's out of her depth when it comes to discussing important issues, or even what media she reads ("all of them" - brilliant!). Party unity trumps all. United we stand!
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 06-14-2009, 07:07 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London/Sydney
Posts: 6,608
Local Time: 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
I don't think the constant abuse says anything more about her than it says about the people who just can't let it fucking go.

Sure, relatively speaking, she's a dimwit. That's just an observation.
But to continually pound on her as if she had done something wrong?

The people who deserve the abuse are the cynical FUCKNUTS who approved of her being on the ballot in the first place. Those who immediately turned on her and blamed her for the loss, post-election. Those who coveted the Dumbass Vote. Blame them. They should be joking about John McCain and the Republican National Party, who signed off on her as a candidate for Vp.

The election is over. Her national candidacy is a fraud. Let it go.
I don't mind the stupid Letterman jokes (I think Palin overreacted, but she's doing it for political gain, so she's an opportunist) but I am talking about the general sentiment towards her. It's sort of hostile and not all different from the way Hillary has been treated.

I am speaking generally to the "Olbermann crowd" or the like.
These folks really, really need to get a grip.
Exactly. She’s stupid and crazy – I saw her interviewed on CNN over the weekend and she made no sense at all, her brain only seems to work a micro second faster than her mouth, but not quite fast enough to construct proper sentences let alone a thoughtful argument - but she was launched by others. Of course she’s going to run with it, but I agree the mocking should be directed toward those who back her and those who support her. Everyone who interviews McCain should still be asking, "And what the f*ck exactly were you thinking?!?!? Where you trying to sabotage yourself, and what if you had actually won?"
__________________

__________________
Earnie Shavers is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
sarah palin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com