In case there was any doubt, Sarah Palin is bat shit crazy. - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #316
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,666
Local Time: 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
yes. those people are called humorless twits. or idiots. your choice.

this was not a political pundit or talking head who made these comments... this was not another politician, a rival, a liberal even...

this...was..a...comedian. he makes jokes. jokes, people. jokes. it's his job. it's what he's paid to do.

only someone who's view is so incredibly slanted that they only see what they want to see would see what letterman said and go "oh, david letterman thinks sarah palin's daughter is a hooker who should be raped."

i can not fathom the thought process of such a person. it is alien to me. frankly, i think someone who would come to that conclusion is either ...

a) drinking so much republican kool aid that they are no longer capable of rational thought
b) bat shit crazy.
Letterman's fatal flaw was not fact-checking to see which daughter was at the Yankees game. Since a 14-year-old was involved, I think people are perfectly within their right to feel offended and outraged.

Had Palin's 18-year-old daughter been at the game then, yes, I'd be in 100% agreement with you.
__________________

__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #317
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,255
Local Time: 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolland View Post
To be fair BVS, he never made any attempt to compare the two in terms of offensiveness; he simply suggested that if he were to employ what he perceives as the tactics of some of Letterman's defenders, his response might be along the lines of 'Michelle should suck it up and get over it; she asked for it by being in the public eye.' It also seemed pretty clear to me from the context that he was suggesting he'd in fact consider that a lousy response if anyone actually made it in earnest.
Thank you.

Like I said, what whoever this guy is said was tasteless, and I'll agree with BVS- racist, and he should apologize. As far as the second part of what I said, I was trying to make a comparison of tactic, not a comparison of substance or reason. Looking back it was probably a bad idea, so for what it's worth, I take it back.
__________________

__________________
2861U2 is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 10:00 AM   #318
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,443
Local Time: 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
Letterman's fatal flaw was not fact-checking to see which daughter was at the Yankees game. Since a 14-year-old was involved, I think people are perfectly within their right to feel offended and outraged.

Had Palin's 18-year-old daughter been at the game then, yes, I'd be in 100% agreement with you.
nobody knew it was her 14 year old daughter until palin herself brought it up, because nobody really cares.

yes, now we are talking about a late night comedian's inability to "fact check" properly.

what a world, what a world.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #319
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
yes, now we are talking about a late night comedian's inability to "fact check" properly.

what a world, what a world.
The same world that takes Rush's "facts" as Scripture.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #320
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
And you're just wrong here. Try calling your boss a shrew and then laughing and explaining how innocuous that word is.


?
The point is that's why Hillary wasn't elected, she reminded too many people of the overbearing boss, when in actually, she wasn't suppose to be the boss-she was to work for the people.



<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #321
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
nobody knew it was her 14 year old daughter until palin herself brought it up, because nobody really cares.

yes, now we are talking about a late night comedian's inability to "fact check" properly.

what a world, what a world.
You see, this is where you're out of whack.
It's an agrument about decency.

The women of the View agree about this and NOW agrees about this.

Only the small brains and avid haters haven't came to the table yet. There is still time.

For most Americans this has nothing to do with which Palin daughter, it has to do with joking about the virtue or lack thereof of one of her kids.

NOW has got it, The View has figured it out, and they are able to see thru the nuances of the agrument and check their animosity for Sarah Palin-in support of her.

And just because NOW and The View get it doesn't mean the majority of Americans have to force fed the rest of their politics.

<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #322
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
The point is that's why Hillary wasn't elected, she reminded too many people of the overbearing boss, when in actually, she wasn't suppose to be the boss-she was to work for the people.
What the fuck does this have to do with you saying shrew is an innocuous word to call a woman?

You make no sense.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #323
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,443
Local Time: 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
You see, this is where you're out of whack.
It's an agrument about decency.

The women of the View agree about this and NOW agrees about this.

Only the small brains and avid haters haven't came to the table yet. There is still time.

For most Americans this has nothing to do with which Palin daughter, it has to do with joking about the virtue or lack thereof of one of her kids.

NOW has got it, The View has figured it out, and they are able to see thru the nuances of the agrument and check their animosity for Sarah Palin-in support of her.

And just because NOW and The View get it doesn't mean the majority of Americans have to force fed the rest of their politics.

<>
great... the woman of the view think it was bad. well shit, that changes everything.

give me a break.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #324
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 04:57 AM
I'm sure both male and female employees would refer to any tyrannical female boss as a shrew-not to her face tho.

Nor would they point out any of her faults out to her face, the same way you wouldn't point out faullts of a male boss who was a weenie.




<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 10:47 AM   #325
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
great... the woman of the view think it was bad. well shit, that changes everything.

give me a break.
better stop you might be labeled a misogynist.
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #326
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,443
Local Time: 06:57 AM
yea i know i better be careful... best not think that the fact that a tv show on a competing network thinks david letterman is a bad man, otherwise those of little brain will think less of me.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #327
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,498
Local Time: 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
The same world that takes Rush's "facts" as Scripture.


and vice versa.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #328
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,295
Local Time: 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
What the fuck does this have to do with you saying shrew is an innocuous word to call a woman?

You make no sense.
I remember very well when he told me to go "hide behind my Queen's skirt" that one time, but you know, that wasn't at all gender-specific either.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 11:17 AM   #329
Refugee
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,593
Local Time: 07:57 AM
seems like liberals ALWAYS try and justify and/or defend another liberal's attack, joke, comment, etc about a rebuplican, no matter what the content.

same as the republicans always do the same against liberals.

if Rush or someone made a joke like that about Michelle Obama, some of you would probably want to crucify him (if you didnt already )

just more partisan BS to me.
__________________
bigjohn2441 is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #330
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Only the small brains and avid haters haven't came to the table yet. There is still time.
Again with the insults and patronization.

Quote:
For most Americans this has nothing to do with which Palin daughter, it has to do with joking about the virtue or lack thereof of one of her kids.
Here's where you're wrong again. Most Americans simply don't care about this, period. It was a tasteless joke by a comedian. There have been plenty in the past, there will be plenty more in the future. It's only the choice few conservatives who are trying to froth this up into an us vs. them witch hunt. Unless you're saying that the whopping 15 people who showed up to protest Letterman are representing the will of the majority.

Quote:
And just because NOW and The View get it doesn't mean the majority of Americans have to force fed the rest of their politics.
Again, the majority of Americans don't care about this. Exactly who is force feeding this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
I'm sure both male and female employees would refer to any tyrannical female boss as a shrew-not to her face tho.
Since you've displayed a tendency towards sexist thought, you would think that.

I think you're wrong.
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
sarah palin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com