In case there was any doubt, Sarah Palin is bat shit crazy. - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #256
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,656
Local Time: 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
So conservative posters are now deemed automatic racists unless they can prove otherwise? This place has really hit a new low today.

Why on earth should I answer should a nonsensical question?
You look the fool. You're implying I haven't seen the joke, you imply she assumes all conservatives are racist until proven otherwise, and both are in plain sight for everyone to see that you are wrong.
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #257
Refugee
 
AliEnvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,320
Local Time: 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
But as is usually the case in American politics, witch hunts make for much more exciting news, and help froth up unnecessary us-vs-them paranoia/anger.
this.
__________________

__________________
AliEnvy is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #258
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,661
Local Time: 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Yes it most certainly does. Letterman implied Palin's daughter was a hooker that was having sex with players at this game she attended. You obviously didn't even view the segment. You are debating the issue but you don't have the first notion about what actually happened or what was said in the segment.
Being labeled "promiscuous" is entirely different from being called a "hooker".
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #259
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,272
Local Time: 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Yes it most certainly does. Letterman implied Palin's daughter was a hooker that was having sex with players at this game she attended.
If you want to argue the point, at least be accurate.

Hookers get remunerated for their services. Letterman made no such implication.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #260
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
So conservative posters are now deemed automatic racists unless they can prove otherwise? This place has really hit a new low today.

Why on earth should I answer should a nonsensical question?
No, I was simply providing you the basis under which Palin has left herself (and to some degree, her family) open to being fodder for late night comedy monologues that could result in jokes, no matter how ill-advised, being told about her or her family - her public conduct. In return, I was asking you how Michelle Obama's public conduct could have possibly left her open to being compared to an ape. And, you either have no answer, or feel that it's not worth answering. And then you're reading some sort of racist accusation into my comment, and generalizing it to my feelings about all conservatives.

When you read it all spelled out like that, it's pretty obvious you're reaching some unfounded conclusions.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #261
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,882
Local Time: 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
Being labeled "promiscuous" is entirely different from being called a "hooker".
Ha! I was going to post the same comment.

(flight attendants and their daughters may be promiscuous but surely aren't hookers)
__________________
Bluer White is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:49 PM   #262
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
No, I was simply providing you the basis under which Palin has left herself (and to some degree, her family) open to being fodder for late night comedy monologues that could result in jokes, no matter how ill-advised, being told about her or her family - her public conduct. In return, I was asking you how Michelle Obama's public conduct could have possibly left her open to being compared to an ape. And, you either have no answer, or feel that it's not worth answering. And then you're reading some sort of racist accusation into my comment, and generalizing it to my feelings about all conservatives.

When you read it all spelled out like that, it's pretty obvious you're reaching some unfounded conclusions.
I understand what you mean now. It is sometimes the case that accusations of racism/homophobia are incorrectly read into things as, unfortunately, some posters make such accusations against those with a conservative view point very frequently on here - on an almost daily basis, in one case. A case of the boy who cried wolf in reverse almost.

In fact it wasn't me that made the original comparison, it was another poster, but it is clear that the outrage regarding the Letterman comments is a lot less, and carefully hedged with obfuscation in the case of some contributions, than with the Imus comments, for example, which, IIRC, dragged on here for days after it had largely disappeared from the airwaves as a cause celebre. A sort of hierarchy of victimhood, one could call it.
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #263
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,334
Local Time: 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
What does "pro abortionists" have to do with any of this?

Diamond's all about the wimmin and their rights, you know.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #264
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,656
Local Time: 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
unfortunately, some posters make such accusations against those with a conservative view point very frequently on here - on an almost daily basis, in one case.

Oh this is such bullshit. It has nothing to do with conservative views. You like to play vicitm a lot, and you just showed everyone in here how quickly you can pounce and attack just for the sake of attacking.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #265
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 03:50 PM
BTW, I disagree with the contention that Letterman is clear of the charge that he implied Palin's daughter might be a hooker, it was at least implicit in what he said with regard to the second comment regarding an assocation with Eliot Spitzer.


YouTube - David Letterman's Sex Jokes About Sarah Palin's Daughter
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #266
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,882
Local Time: 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
No, I was simply providing you the basis under which Palin has left herself (and to some degree, her family) open to being fodder for late night comedy monologues that could result in jokes, no matter how ill-advised, being told about her or her family - her public conduct.
What does Palin's embarrassing campaign interviews...or even her assertion that Obama palled around with known domestic terrorists...

have to do with her teenage daughters?
__________________
Bluer White is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 08:01 PM   #267
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,656
Local Time: 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
BTW, I disagree with the contention that Letterman is clear of the charge that he implied Palin's daughter might be a hooker, it was at least implicit in what he said with regard to the second comment regarding an assocation with Eliot Spitzer.
You're reaching big time...
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 06-16-2009, 08:03 PM   #268
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,656
Local Time: 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
What does Palin's embarrassing campaign interviews...or even her assertion that Obama palled around with known domestic terrorists...

have to do with her teenage daughters?
Have you seen anyone imply this?
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 06-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #269
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
What does Palin's embarrassing campaign interviews...or even her assertion that Obama palled around with known domestic terrorists...

have to do with her teenage daughters?
Well, agreed. Palin didn't bring her family into it more than any other politican, including male liberal politicians such as, for example John Kerry, or even Saint Barack. It was elements in the media, specifically the anti-family values crowd, that decided to make an issue of Palin's family when it was discovered that one of her daughters was going to have a child out of wedlock.
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 08:05 PM   #270
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Please show me a transcript where he once implied 'hooker'.

Including Elliott Spitzer in the joke implies that the daughter is being perceived as a (prostitute) hooker.
__________________

__________________
deep is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
sarah palin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com