In case there was any doubt, Sarah Palin is bat shit crazy. - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #241
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,640
Local Time: 08:11 PM
OK...
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #242
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Did you not see Diamond's posts in the other thread about people protesting and asking for his firing?

It was a racist comment, clear and simple.

She did this to herself???!!! I'm sorry did she have any say as to how she was born? WOW!!!

Do you know the history of racism and reference to monkeys and gorillas? I'd say I'm shocked but I'm not...

The difference here, besides the blatant ignorance on both of your parts, is that this wan't a comedian on a talk show that's paid to tell jokes.

Wow, just wow!!! It just shines through...
Such feigned outrage...

All that 2861U2 was saying is that some leftwing people are blaming Palin for the Letterman controversy simply for choosing to be in the public eye, so if rightwingers adopted a similar approach to this controversy, they would blame Michelle Obama for bringing it on herself simply by being in the public eye.
__________________

__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #243
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Such feigned outrage...

All that 2861U2 was saying is that some leftwing people are blaming Palin for the Letterman controversy simply for choosing to be in the public eye, so if rightwingers adopted a similar approach to this controversy, they would blame Michelle Obama for bringing it on herself simply by being in the public eye.
No, the argument with Palin wasn't simply because of her being in the public eye, it's because of the way she chooses to conduct herself in the public eye - big difference there.

Can you tell me how Michelle Obama conducts herself that could be construed to be ape-like? Or is it simply that she exists as a black woman?
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #244
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,640
Local Time: 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Such feigned outrage...

All that 2861U2 was saying is that some leftwing people are blaming Palin for the Letterman controversy simply for choosing to be in the public eye, so if rightwingers adopted a similar approach to this controversy, they would blame Michelle Obama for bringing it on herself simply by being in the public eye.
You can't honestly think this is compable.

Yes they are both in the spotlight.

Palin's joke was about a knocked up daughter, which she had one and paraded her around, that was her choice... the joke was poor choice, but they were both choices.

I'm still weighting on the comparison...

Um, Michelle chose to be a black woman in the spotlight?

So now black women should stay out of the spotlight or they are bringing on the racism themselves?

Wow they two of you are cute together.

I'm learning a lot today, fear is the motivation of making fun of uninformed people and black women should stay in the shadows...
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #245
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,271
Local Time: 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
You would never say something like that if it was a leftwing group protesting something. Never in a million years. In fact, if a conservative FYM poster said that a gay rights group or the NAACP should consider finding useful work to do during the day, they would be called a bigot.
BS.

I've never protested at any of the things that you'd label leftwing. Not once, not even those big war protests. Don't think it's productive either.

But keep on making those wrong guesses.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #246
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
You can't honestly think this is compable.

Yes they are both in the spotlight.

Palin's joke was about a knocked up daughter, which she had one and paraded her around, that was her choice... the joke was poor choice, but they were both choices.

I'm still weighting on the comparison...

Um, Michelle chose to be a black woman in the spotlight?

So now black women should stay out of the spotlight or they are bringing on the racism themselves?

Wow they two of you are cute together.

I'm learning a lot today, fear is the motivation of making fun of uninformed people and black women should stay in the shadows...
So you think 'jokes' saying 14 year old daughters of politicians are prostitutes are ok?
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #247
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
No, the argument with Palin wasn't simply because of her being in the public eye, it's because of the way she chooses to conduct herself in the public eye - big difference there.

Can you tell me how Michelle Obama conducts herself that could be construed to be ape-like? Or is it simply that she exists as a black woman?
This is like one of those 'when did you stop beating your wife' questions. I'll adopt the same approach - why do you think it is ok for comedians to 'joke' about 14 year old daughters of politicians being prostitutes?
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #248
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
This is like one of those 'when did you stop beating your wife' questions. I'll adopt the same approach - why do you think it is ok for comedians to 'joke' about 14 year old daughters of ooliticians prostitutes?
No, that isn't whatever type of question that you claim it is, it's a pretty straightforward question. One that you can't answer, obviously. And I'm not taking your bait. Nice attempt at dodging, though.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #249
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,640
Local Time: 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
So you think 'jokes' saying 14 year old daughters of politicians are prostitutes are ok?
First of all it had nothing to do with prostitutes, and the intention wasn't the 14 year old...

and for the reading impaired, I said:

Quote:
the joke was poor choice, but they were both choices
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #250
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 03:11 AM
Whether or no you personally go on protests is not the issue, the fact remains no liberal poster would ever say that the NAACP should get stop protesting and get jobs.
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #251
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,640
Local Time: 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
This is like one of those 'when did you stop beating your wife' questions.
You're failing miserably, for it's not even close.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #252
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
First of all it had nothing to do with prostitutes, and the intention wasn't the 14 year old...
Yes it most certainly does. Letterman implied Palin's daughter was a hooker that was having sex with players at this game she attended. You obviously didn't even view the segment. You are debating the issue but you don't have the first notion about what actually happened or what was said in the segment.
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #253
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
No, that isn't whatever type of question that you claim it is, it's a pretty straightforward question. One that you can't answer, obviously. And I'm not taking your bait. Nice attempt at dodging, though.
So conservative posters are now deemed automatic racists unless they can prove otherwise? This place has really hit a new low today.

Why on earth should I answer should a nonsensical question?
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #254
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,640
Local Time: 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Yes it most certainly does. Letterman implied Palin's daughter was a hooker that was having sex with players at this game she attended. You obviously didn't even view the segment. You are debating the issue but you don't have the first notion about what actually happened or what was said in the segment.

Please show me a transcript where he once implied 'hooker'.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #255
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,271
Local Time: 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Whether or no you personally go on protests is not the issue, the fact remains no liberal poster would ever say that the NAACP should get stop protesting and get jobs.
First of all, the NAACP is an organization which, among other things, protests certain actions. That is their job.

Second, you said:

Quote:
You would never say something like that if it was a leftwing group protesting something. Never in a million years.
Which is complete bullshit. In fact, when I was asked to protest at an anti-war rally, my precise response to my friend was "no thanks, it's totally unproductive" and then, you know what I did that day? WENT TO WORK!

But hey, keep calling us all hypocrites, gives you something to be outraged about.
__________________

__________________
anitram is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
sarah palin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com