IMF Head Dominique Strauss Kahn held on attempted rape charges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It'll be surprising at this point if the case doesn't collapse, despite the forensic evidence; the asylum claim falsifications alone would probably be enough to undermine her credibility in court. Bad news for the political fortunes of the DA, too. I don't know how much it will necessarily help DSK's professional future; still more than enough lingering aura of sleaze about him to compromise him politically.

What really bothers me about this is that there's still all of the physical evidence, and the fact is, she admitted to lying, rather than trying to continue to cover it up. It makes it seem even more likely it occurred to me, but hell, maybe I'm just being taken for quite a ride.

This is hardly a surprise, he's a very powerful person with many connections plus dealing here with a totally corrupt organisation as the IMF which has destroyed many many countries. Portugal and Ireland are next on their list.

Her story never rang 100% true with me, but neither do I believe DSK is stainless (pun intended ha). I think they have both been telling lies, but because she has been found to be unreliable (didn't she make a false rape allegation in her native country as well?) DSK has walked. MY take on what happened is as follows: she appoached him when she knew he was alone in his room (goodness knows why), I believe the oral sex was consensual (possibly in return for payment), he got rough with her and assaulted her, he panicked and ran. So I believe a sexual assault was committed, but because her story doesn't add up the prosecution's case has fallen apart.

Based on what I'm hearing now, I concede that the whole thing just screams bullshit. Definitely appears he was paying for sex, and she tried to take us all for a ride.

The one person here with egg on his face is the NYC prosecutor. Poor fuck, but what a way to mess up at your job, eh?

It might be dead in America but he has some troubles in france now with an old case of sexual harassment.

You were a bit pessimistic Mama Cass in your messages, things evolve slowly, it's not perfect yet but rapes are not taken lightly by the police or the society in general anymore. More and more women/children speak out. And politicians or bosses are not as protected as they used to be about sexual or financial scandals.

Overall, this was the first scandal here involving internet, twitter, 24H tv channel news, it was very interesting, very noisy, i'm afraid people will only keep the bad things (french journalists and the American justice just made a big show, the so-called "American puritanism" entering our moral values, the New-York Post covers, the introduction of moral in our political debate, etc) and forget the positive things (the speed of American justice compared to the french one, the debate concerning women/men relationship, the death of old journalism with the too close relationship between politics/journalists/justice, etc). It was definitely an informative cultural clash. Very, very interesting in conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom