I'm glad Roman Polanski finally got caught! - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-30-2009, 09:12 PM   #46
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 37,995
Local Time: 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoneyAlways View Post
I was wondering when the victim blaming would start!
Yeah. It's all her fault. She should be the one in prison right now. Sterilized, tortured, you name it.

__________________

__________________
lazarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
WildHoneyAlways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In a glass case of emotion
Posts: 8,158
Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
. . .and the victim herself (who was already having sex and taking drugs). No one here is without responsibility, and it looks like it was an unfortunate perfect storm of bad behavior all-around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Apparently you missed (or ignored) the part about how the girl had already experimented with drugs, alcohol, and rape. d lead a normal, responsible life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Yeah. It's all her fault. She should be the one in prison right now. Sterilized, tortured, you name it.

You blamed her and it's disgusting that you did.
__________________

__________________
WildHoneyAlways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #48
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 37,995
Local Time: 01:20 PM
Now I know why I don't come in here.
__________________
lazarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #49
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,708
Local Time: 01:20 PM
Because people find it appalling that you might suggest a thirteen year old shares some responsibility in her being raped by a guy in his thirties?

Regardless of what happened in the trial and in his fleeing the country, there are no shades of gray in that fact.
__________________
corianderstem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #50
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,598
Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I don't want to see him rot in jail, nor do I want him to be raped by cellmates.

Surely there's a happy medium between "rotting in jail" and "living the rest of his life with his family and France."

Like, oh, saaaaaaay, I don't know ..... coming back to face his sentence for the crime he commmitted?
oh no, i'm not saying that! i was mocking people who say that anytime something like this happens. i totally agree with you.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:28 PM   #51
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,708
Local Time: 01:20 PM
gotcha.
__________________
corianderstem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:28 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Bono's shades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The back of beyond
Posts: 5,038
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Now I know why I don't come in here.
Yeah. You are such a victim. Why can't we all be evolved beings like you who understand how poor, persecuted Roman Polanksi is. Poor guy can't catch a break when all he did was drug and rape a 13-year-old girl and then flee the country when it looked like he might have to do some time for it.
__________________
Bono's shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:23 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,653
Local Time: 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post

You can deplore someone's actions AND attempt to understand what psychological issues would cause someone to do them, as well as understanding the culture (early 70's Hollywood) at the time, and especially the behavior of the victim's mother (encouraging her daughter to hang out alone with older men with wild reputations) and the victim herself (who was already having sex and taking drugs). No one here is without responsibility, and it looks like it was an unfortunate perfect storm of bad behavior all-around.
So you think any woman or girl who's had sex does not qualify as a rape victim?
__________________
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:32 PM   #54
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFuManchu
There is no way to defend Polanski IMO. Being on the run for the crime of rape (for 30 years) and basically thumbing his nose at the US justice system is not law-abiding in my book. He is a sick fuck. And even if you agree with Whoopi Goldberg and other Polanski apologists who want to quibble about what kind of rape it was, the consequences of those defenses will only lead to attacks towards the victim or introducing the idea that statutory rape is a bullshit crime. I don't think most people will want to side with either of those positions. He, however RAN. I believe in rehabilitation of some sort, but I also believe in real and just consequences. I don't think 1 year of prison is anywhere enough for the rape and running.

Hell, he qualifies as one of those To Catch A Predator stars. He went beyond what any of those schmucks did on the show. Unfortunately, they didn't have the riches or the connections to enable them to flee as Polanski.

He also drugged her and gave her alcohol, which I guess for the girl was a good thing, since she got to experience some anal rape as well. I thought she might have looked like a really old 13 year old, and Polanski got snookered into having sex with her but pictures of her during that time period show no such thing.
Agreed completely.

And I never have and will never pay money to watch a Roman Polanksi movie (I saw one once in a friend's house by accident, didn't think it was any great shakes either for that matter) and I will never pay for a Michael Jackson record either, even now that he's dead.
__________________
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #55
New Yorker
 
Flying FuManchu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Used to live in Chambana. For now the Mid-South.
Posts: 3,148
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Apparently you missed (or ignored) the part about how the girl had already experimented with drugs, alcohol, and rape. You're acting like he pulled a van up to a playground, threw some unsuspecting girl inside, and had his way. He didn't go trolling for this situation, unlike most of your To Catch a Predator examples, who didn't go beyond what Polanski did because they are all targets of sting operations! You don't think these guys would go all the way if Hansen and the film crew weren't there?
Those pathetic To Catch a Predator schmucks (I mean the would be pedophiles and not NBC folks) would have most likely gone all the way. I don't get your point here? All you're doing is proving what I said and that is the whole "blame the victim defense," otherwise known as the KOBE. Yes, she was sexually active at 13 years of age (who knows with who, but when I was that age there were several of my peers who were sexually active at that age so in my opinion that is not a huge detail) and she probably wasn't a saint at all in terms of alcohol or drugs. However, Polanski took advantage of the that girl and had SEX with her. He pleaded guilty because of the sex. It was way worse than to Catch a Predator because he actually did the deed.

Quote:
Also, while Polanski committed a crime by fleeing the country, he was advised to do so by his attorney. I don't know that living in exile for 30 years with restricted travel options, even if he is in France, somehow equates to "thumbing his nose" at the U.S. justice system. It's not like there's tape of him bragging about his exploits and evasion of the authorities. What I see is a guy who attempted to put this behind him and lead a normal, responsible life.
Any attorney who advises his client to flee is committing a crime and I call bullshit and besides that has to be the most dumbass advice I've ever heard from a lawyer. ALSO, he has homes in other places in Europe besides France. From all indications, he lived just fine in France making MOVIES! It's one thing to live in exile in Afghanistan or some God-forsaken slum, but he lived in exile in FRANCE!!! In A NICE home in FRANCE, with people saying, he traveled around Europe (very carefully of course)! I'm sure it was a BIG sacrifice to not be able to travel to the STATES because he was stuck in Europe(sarcasm). One of the reasons reported on why he got caught now was because he got reckless and the following:

"Director Roman Polanski, sitting in a Swiss jail fighting extradition to California, brought the law down on himself by taunting prosecutors in court papers, it was reported Monday.

In paperwork filed as part of his bid to get 31-year-old rape charges dropped, Polanski's lawyers said the Los Angeles County district attorney's office wasn't really trying to hunt him down.

Bad move.

The Los Angeles Times reported that this claim "caught the eye" of prosecutors and prompted them to plot an end to Polanski's three decades as a fugitive."



Quote:
And if he's a sick fuck, then what exactly is someone who is a serial rapist and pedophile? Just a sicker fuck? "Sick" implies to me someone with a chronic problem that needs attention. Polanksi may have been out of his mind and a "sick fuck" when this incident occurred, but he probably isn't now.

Do you have the ability to see degrees in anything?
Yes I do. I know there is murder and there is manslaughter. And there is statutory rape and I guess "rape-rape." Unfortunately he committed rape-rape and it was pedophilia to boot. He wasn't an accidental rapist. If she was 16 or 17 and she was playing herself off as a college kid, he may have some form of defense, unfortuantely for him, that wasn't the case and he was 40+ years old at the time and she was 13 years old. He took nude photos of her as well. He's a pedo! So I think sick fuck applies.
__________________
Flying FuManchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:39 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
if the legal system were based on innuendo and hearsay, maybe.

Polanski pled guilty. Jacko did not, and he was never convicted of anything.
Unfortunately, the allegations against Jackson are not based on innuendo and hearsay. They are based on victims' testimony which was either withdrawn or altered because Jacko paid off his victims, pure and simple.

I accept that we can't exhume a dead man to retrial him in actuality, but in the court of the conscience, frankly, we should be able to.
__________________
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:42 PM   #57
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying FuManchu View Post


He took nude photos of her as well. He's a pedo! So I think sick fuck applies.



Hold on.

Some here would suggest the photos be considered "art".

<>
__________________
diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:57 PM   #58
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post



Hold on.

Some here would suggest the photos be considered "art".

<>
can you substantiate that, or are you just going to throw that out there for the sake of associating "some people" with pedophilia?

i know you like to just spew shit for a reaction and i can't believe i'm lowering myself to replying to you, but i'm just curious.
__________________
coolian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,272
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
and the victim herself (who was already having sex and taking drugs). No one here is without responsibility,
You're about 20 or so years behind even the stodgiest judges, who abandoned the notion that when woman is raped, we need to delve into just what a ho she was and how short her skirt was when she tempted that man's penis.

The fact that this 13-year-old girl may have been sexually active has NO BEARING on the fact that she was raped, after repeatedly saying no.
__________________
anitram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:21 PM   #60
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
the girl had already experimented with drugs, alcohol, and rape.
I'm hoping this was a slip on your part, and you meant she had experimented with sex, not rape. If it's a slip it's a doozy. If it's not a slip...

I'm working on a longer response for the thread, but the bit I quoted just keeps bugging the hell out of me. I mean if it isn't a slip, I REALLY want to know just what the fuck lazarus meant by "experimented with rape".
__________________

__________________
indra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Earth, Sky, Fire and Rain - Epilogue (29/6/08) Alisaura PLEBA Archive 7 07-04-2008 09:48 PM
The Edge of Reason EdgeIsTooSexy PLEBA Archive 13 12-04-2007 06:40 PM
I finally got caught bonosloveslave Zoo Confessionals 24 11-07-2003 07:20 PM
My procrastinating has finally caught up with me... Naya Zoo Confessionals 4 04-27-2002 12:44 AM
i am irresponsible and its finally caught up with me zooropamanda Zoo Confessionals 6 04-12-2002 03:46 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com