I want this guy as my senator!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Minnesotan here...

Jesse wasn't that great, but hey, he's certainly better than the douchebag we've got now, Pawlenty.

I actually do agree with a lot of his positions, but as a politician, he just wasn't effective. Since he was an independent candidate, he didn't have party support to get his legislation made into bills. He also made some really bone-headed remarks while in office, not unlike a lot of other politicians, but most of his were made to spite people. As were a lot of his policy moves, actually.

For example: He decided to not live in the governor's mansion during his term, instead choosing to stay in his home in Maple Grove. Now, this sounds great, since he said it would save the state money because living in the mansion was unnecessary. However, it actually ended up costing us money to re-open it at the end of his term, and several working-class people who worked there lost their jobs.

:lol: No shit. Why we didn't figure that one out before is beyond me...oh wait, we're Americans, and we believe in the culture industry through and through. :wink:

oh...

well from the video he seems like a cool and straightforward guy, but maybe he didnt make too good of a governor?

Plenty of cool and straightforward people around, which doesn't make them office material. Also, the military talk chest-thumping is completely off-putting.

Also, the military talk chest-thumping is completely off-putting.

Jesse is a libertarian who is completely against wars of choice.

On Bush/Cheney Administration and Torture
In a May 11, 2009 interview with Larry King, Ventura twice stated that George W. Bush was the worst president of his lifetime, adding "President Obama inherited something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. You know? Two wars, an economy that's borderline depression."[40] On the issue of waterboarding, Ventura added:

t's a good thing I'm not president because I would prosecute every person that was involved in that torture. I would prosecute the people that did it. I would prosecute the people that ordered it. Because torture is against the law. *** [Waterboarding] is drowning. It gives you the complete sensation that you are drowning. It is no good, because you -- I'll put it to you this way, you give me a water board, Dick Cheney and one hour, and I'll have him confess to the Sharon Tate murders. *** If it's -- if it's done wrong, you certainly could drown. You could swallow your tongue. You could do a whole bunch of stuff. If it's it done wrong or -- it's torture, Larry. It's torture.[41]

Ventura then stated that he had no respect for Dick Cheney because he is "a guy who got five deferments from the Vietnam War. Clearly, he's a coward. He wouldn't go when it was his time to go. And now he is a chicken hawk. Now he is this big tough guy who wants this hardcore policy. And he's the guy that sanctioned all this torture by calling it 'enhanced interrogation'."[42]

Ventura also expressed interest in being appointed ambassador to Cuba should U.S. relations with Cuba continue to improve.[43]

Jesse Ventura - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Celebrity politicians aren't always the best choice.

You can say that again.

stuart_smalley_sitting.jpg

d7411d7ee9_caroline.jpg

come on

Stewart Smiley is a great picture

and Caroline was an empty (pant) suit that most of the Democratic machine got behind before she self-imploded.

Reagan was a decent guy, but not a true conservative. He was the start of the free market fundamentalist nonsense.

From the first Ventura clip -

"As a good SEAL, Larry, admit nothing, deny everything and make counter-accusations."

Are you people sure he wasn't politician material?? :confused:

I loved the part where King asks him why he wasn't a paratrooper lol.

Reagan is not as bad as some liberals claim

nor is he as great as the GOP claim

but, one thing for certain he was popular, elected Governor of CA twice, President twice (with big margins) and always had pretty high favorable ratings and was reasonably well received abroad.

Kind of silly for Democrats to attack him, when Obama singled him out for praise.

Reagan is not as bad as some liberals claim

nor is he as great as the GOP claim

but, one thing for certain he was popular

I think his second term as president was much better than his first, but I think his first had some very damaging long term effects worldwide.

Back
Top Bottom