Husband Asks For Kidney Compensation In Divorce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty sure the plaintiff is well aware that organs can't be returned or compensated for monetarily. I think he just wanted to file the lawsuit because he knew it would hit the national media and he thought everyone would be talking about what an ungrateful you-know-what his wife is and what a poor, put-upon saint he is. I'm sure a lot of people are thinking just that (when we were discussing the story this morning at work, one of my co-workers thought he should get the money), but I think this guy's a twit. I can certainly understand being angry and bitter if your spouse cheats on you, but this crosses the line into being spiteful and vindictive. I'm sure the kids really, really are enjoying the whole world knowing about their family's personal problems. :|

I recently read this and immediately thought 'what the hell is going on here, what is this world coming to??'. Of course you're angry when someone has cheated on you, but the way this guy is acting right now just shows poor intelligence. I see dollar-signs in his eyes. I'm truly astounded that people seek the media the way he did. In America, it seems guys still get more support in crazy cases like this than women do. I mean, if a man cheats on a woman, it's usually 'okay', but if a woman cheats on a man, all hell breaks loose. What's up with that? If someone would file a lawsuit like this in Europe everybody would break into tears caused by laughter.

although obtuse and in bad taste, i think the guy is stratagizing,

he will get some sympathy for being cheated on and for helping an ungrateful spouse-in the short run.

the media circus that this publicity stunt has created will hurt his kids in the long run.
when his kids are older that will hate the fact that he besmirched their mother's name-regardless if she's guilty or innocent.

he loses in the big picture.

<>

I'm pretty sure the plaintiff is well aware that organs can't be returned or compensated for monetarily. I think he just wanted to file the lawsuit because he knew it would hit the national media and he thought everyone would be talking about what an ungrateful you-know-what his wife is and what a poor, put-upon saint he is. I'm sure a lot of people are thinking just that (when we were discussing the story this morning at work, one of my co-workers thought he should get the money), but I think this guy's a twit. I can certainly understand being angry and bitter if your spouse cheats on you, but this crosses the line into being spiteful and vindictive. I'm sure the kids really, really are enjoying the whole world knowing about their family's personal problems. :|

his wife shoulda thought about that before she started hobbing somebody else's knob.

he saves her life, she repays him by cheating on him... frankly he can do whatever the heck he wants to do. and the word is bitch... you can say it, anyone who would cheat on the husband that just gave you his kidney is just that (and vice versa if it was the guy who cheated on the wife who just saved his life).

I want my sperms back
or at least the same compensation a sperm donor would have received

all you women out there know who you are

You'll get it back right along with some child support papers. :wink:

his wife shoulda thought about that before she started hobbing somebody else's knob.

he saves her life, she repays him by cheating on him... frankly he can do whatever the heck he wants to do. and the word is bitch... you can say it, anyone who would cheat on the husband that just gave you his kidney is just that (and vice versa if it was the guy who cheated on the wife who just saved his life).

Well according to Judge Judy, by law, you can't give someone a gift and then sue them for compensation later. :D

although obtuse and in bad taste, i think the guy is stratagizing,

he will get some sympathy for being cheated on and for helping an ungrateful spouse-in the short run.

the media circus that this publicity stunt has created will hurt his kids in the long run.
when his kids are older that will hate the fact that he besmirched their mother's name-regardless if she's guilty or innocent.

he loses in the big picture.

<>

I agree with Diamond on something. Someone had better check the temperature in hell. :wink:

Batista's wife fires back, calling L.I. doctor irrational: He sniffed my underwear

BY JOE GOULD AND DAVE GOLDINER
DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Updated Monday, January 12th 2009

The doctor who claims his wife dumped him after he gave her a kidney was so consumed with jealousy he rifled through her closet for evidence she was cheating, the woman's lawyer says.

Richard Batista, who wants $1.5 million for saving his wife's life eight years ago, started acting irrationally when their marriage started to fall apart, lawyer Douglas Rothkopf charged Monday.

Rothkopf, who represents Dawnell Batista, 44, said the husband suffered from "hyper-suspicion of his wife" as well as "overheated claims of hurt and false sentimentality."

"[He] was rummaging though her underwear drawer and sniffing her underwear," he said.

The warring couple's sensational divorce trial, capping a three-year breakup battle, starts today.

They sat at opposite ends of the courtroom and didn't speak or lock eyes during the 45-minute hearing.

Dawnell Batista wore a tasteful black pants suit and tiny, diamond-studded earrings, while her soon-to-be ex wore a dark suit and earth-toned tie.

Richard Batista's lawyer called the surgeon "godlike" for giving up his kidney. He insisted the kidney suit was a response to his estranged wife's hardball tactics.

A Long Island judge has refused to grant the wife's request for a gag order, a plea supported by a law guardian for their three children. Special Referee Jeffrey Grob said he would reconsider issuing the order later.

"He wants to tell the world what happened in this case because it's a tragedy," said the husband's lawyer, Dominic Barbara. "This is a man who put his life on the line, and his wife treated him like a piece of dirt, garbage."

Dawnell Batista shook her head as Barbara spoke in court.

Barbara mocked Rothkopf for asking for a gag order while making titillating claims designed to maximize media attention.

"His wife's attorney is the one who mentioned sniffing panties, and that's going to be the headline somewhere," Barbara said.

The donation drama started in 2001 when Richard Batista, 49, gave one of his kidneys to his wife after two previous transplants - from her father and a sister - failed.

Their marriage later faltered, and he claims she had an affair with a personal trainer. She filed for divorce in 2005.

Tears rolled down Dawnell Batista's cheeks as her lawyer detailed the couple's efforts to have their third child, which her lawyer said required her to get a new kidney transplant.

Rothkopf accused Richard Batista of a "grotesque performance" for suing over the kidney and thrusting the case into the spotlight.

"This case ... has gained worldwide notoriety," he said, adding that Dawnell Batista never cheated and didn't use the children as a weapon.

"She has never been unfaithful, and she has never denied visitation," Rothkopf said. Law guardian Jill Stone said the couple's daughters had to dodge reporters camped outside their suburban home.

"They had to sneak into their own home in order to sleep in their own beds," Stone said.

The husband insisted he had no plans to talk about their children and didn't want to involve them in the divorce dispute.

"yes yes... booo hoooo i feel for my children, they can't sleep in their own beds because my asshole ex has sensationalized this entire thing in the media. won't somebody think of the children??? :sad: pleeease people... stop reporting this, for the children's sake. :sad:

oh by the way, he sniffed my undies. did you get that? is the new york post here? that's right... sniffed my undies. oh yea, don't report that.. children, all that good shit."

gimmie a break.

It's Bottom Line time so here we go.

Bottom Line: This guy ain't getting shit! He ain't gettin no stinkin kidney back and he ain't gettin no 1.5 million bucks for it either. :doh:

If this chick was bangin some other dude while he donated his kidney to her, then she is a piece of shit too.

Btw, this dude supposedly came from Ronkonkoma, NY which is one town away from where I live. :doh:

Back
Top Bottom