Hugo Chavez has months to live - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung11 View Post
Glad to know that you were opposed to the war from the very beginning, as was I. It was so obvious to me, and I couldn't get how it wasn't obvious to the 75% or so of people who supported it.
The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one.
__________________

__________________
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #47
The Fly
 
Achtung11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 252
Local Time: 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
You can't fix stupid.
You are correct. Unfortunately we can't fix the brainwashed minds of stupid, right-wing nutcases like yourself who believe that the Earth is 5,000 years old.
__________________

__________________
Achtung11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,271
Local Time: 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung11 View Post
Hitler and Stalin have been dead for decades.

"Most evil man in the world", not "most evil man of all time".
Eh, semantics. But still, there's mass genocide happening in places like Darfur, for instance, children being kidnapped and made to become child killers, to name a couple current examples, so there's a lot of really sadistic crap going on out there that could give those who are encouraging it or participating in it the title of "most evil in the world today".

And honestly, there's people in the Bush administration that scare me more than Bush himself. Bush was just flat out stupid/ignorant/whatever word you wish to use. There were others that were much more...creepy.

I was opposed to Iraq from the start, too. Heck, I wasn't fond of going into Afghanistan. I'm no military expert, but I have to believe, with all our technology and as strong as our military is, we could've easily dealt with the people who attacked us in a much smaller, quicker, less messy, much better planned manner. We didn't need to invade a country and screw it up even worse to do that.
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #49
The Fly
 
Achtung11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 252
Local Time: 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Eh, semantics. But still, there's mass genocide happening in places like Darfur, for instance, children being kidnapped and made to become child killers, to name a couple current examples, so there's a lot of really sadistic crap going on out there that could give those who are encouraging it or participating in it the title of "most evil in the world today".

And honestly, there's people in the Bush administration that scare me more than Bush himself. Bush was just flat out stupid/ignorant/whatever word you wish to use. There were others that were much more...creepy.

I was opposed to Iraq from the start, too. Heck, I wasn't fond of going into Afghanistan. I'm no military expert, but I have to believe, with all our technology and as strong as our military is, we could've easily dealt with the people who attacked us in a much smaller, quicker, less messy, much better planned manner. We didn't need to invade a country and screw it up even worse to do that.
I sincerely meant living in the world today, and did so on purpose so I can give Bush the crown of most evil, because sure, he's not as bad as Hitler.

And in regards to the administration, yea Cheney and Rumsfeld are also evil. I've thought about this, and at the end of the day it was Bush who had all the power to give the order for war. It was Bush's responsibility to make the right decision, and instead he succumbed to greed and made the wrong one. As asinine as Bush is, he's smart enough to realize right from wrong. And so in my book, he's just as bad as Cheney.

Bush has this friendlier, more innocent image than does Cheney. And so I think people are willing to forgive him more easily. And his stupidity helps make him look innocent.

And I agree about Afghanistan. I supported that war, but it could have been much easier, without all the nation building.
__________________
Achtung11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #50
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
You can't fix stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung11 View Post
You are correct. Unfortunately we can't fix the brainwashed minds of stupid, right-wing nutcases like yourself who believe that the Earth is 5,000 years old.
I feel pathetic even having to quote this kind of stuff.

Stick to the thread topic. Which is not what anyone thinks of GWB.
__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,271
Local Time: 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung11 View Post
I sincerely meant living in the world today, and did so on purpose so I can give Bush the crown of most evil, because sure, he's not as bad as Hitler.
Fair enough. I still disagree, but you've got your opinion, so we'll just leave it at that and let it be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung11 View Post
And in regards to the administration, yea Cheney and Rumsfeld are also evil. I've thought about this, and at the end of the day it was Bush who had all the power to give the order for war. It was Bush's responsibility to make the right decision, and instead he succumbed to greed and made the wrong one. As asinine as Bush is, he's smart enough to realize right from wrong. And so in my book, he's just as bad as Cheney.

Bush has this friendlier, more innocent image than does Cheney. And so I think people are willing to forgive him more easily. And his stupidity helps make him look innocent.
I think that's a fair assessment. Though, honestly, even though he was president, I'm fully convinced Bush wasn't in charge at all the whole time he was in office. Corporate buddies and Cheney and Rumsfeld and them probably had more genuine power than he did. Sometimes I tend to think being president is a mere title nowadays, it doesn't seem to hold the power it once did due to all sorts of other outside influences.

Let's not forget Ashcroft, either, what a barrel of monkeys THAT guy was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung11 View Post
And I agree about Afghanistan. I supported that war, but it could have been much easier, without all the nation building.
I really hate it when we get into nation-building. It never ends well. Ever. We're telling people to do things we can't seem to do well in our own country, we're horribly patronizing and ignorant of the area and people, and we get involved in stupid wars as a result, civil or otherwise, and it's generally pretty hard for people to enjoy their "new country" we want to give them if they're, you know, dead.
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #52
The Fly
 
Achtung11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 252
Local Time: 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Fair enough. I still disagree, but you've got your opinion, so we'll just leave it at that and let it be.
Okay, maybe not most evil man, considering the genocide in Darfur and other crises that the world faces. But he's certainly up there on the list.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
I think that's a fair assessment. Though, honestly, even though he was president, I'm fully convinced Bush wasn't in charge at all the whole time he was in office. Corporate buddies and Cheney and Rumsfeld and them probably had more genuine power than he did. Sometimes I tend to think being president is a mere title nowadays, it doesn't seem to hold the power it once did due to all sorts of other outside influences.

Let's not forget Ashcroft, either, what a barrel of monkeys THAT guy was.
You're right. It's like asking who deserves more blame for 9/11, Osama bin Laden or Khalid Sheik Mohammad? The former was the leader but the latter was the chief architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
I really hate it when we get into nation-building. It never ends well. Ever. We're telling people to do things we can't seem to do well in our own country, we're horribly patronizing and ignorant of the area and people, and we get involved in stupid wars as a result, civil or otherwise, and it's generally pretty hard for people to enjoy their "new country" we want to give them if they're, you know, dead.
Spot on. The idea of nation building is silly and hypocritical. Democracies get built at the will of the people, from bottoms up. Forcing a nation to act a certain way kills the very idea of democracy, and is more representative of dictatorship.
__________________
Achtung11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung11 View Post
You are correct. Unfortunately we can't fix the brainwashed minds of stupid, right-wing nutcases like yourself who believe that the Earth is 5,000 years old.
As to the first part, I'll gladly wear the badge of "right-wing nutcase" if the decorating is to be done by one who "highly respects" Hugo Chavez.

As for the second, I've thought about it and can't seem to recall ever mentioning that I thought the earth was 5,000 years old. Can you help me out and show me the thread?
__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #54
The Fly
 
Achtung11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 252
Local Time: 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
As to the first part, I'll gladly wear the badge of "right-wing nutcase" if the decorating is to be done by one who "highly respects" Hugo Chavez.

As for the second, I've thought about it and can't seem to recall ever mentioning that I thought the earth was 5,000 years old. Can you help me out and show me the thread?
You know, I gladly accept being called stupid by any idiot who supports Bush and his war.

Maybe you never said the earth is 5,000 years old. I guess it's guilt by association with your fellow nutcases.
__________________
Achtung11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung11 View Post
You know, I gladly accept being called stupid by any idiot who supports Bush and his war.

Maybe you never said the earth is 5,000 years old. I guess it's guilt by association with your fellow nutcases.
I'm as far away from a Bush supporter and religious nut as you can get, but aren't you the resident conspiracy theorist? By definition, you'll believe any retarded shit someone feeds you, as long as it carries an anti-government sentiment
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #56
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 01:21 PM
That's enough insults, guys. Back on topic.
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #57
War Child
 
Dfit00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 893
Local Time: 03:21 PM
So what exactly is going to happen if Chavez dies?

- He dies and due to the support that he has from his people, someone belonging to his party that has the same socialistic ideals as him would get elected as president and continue with the so-called revolution, probably with a lesser extent of the planning that Chavez had in mind or maybe beyond from what he had planned.

- The opposition could riot and elect another guy as president, and is likely that this candidate would make false promises and carry on with the corruption that Venezuela has faced over the last three decades, or probably he could become a real democratic president and help the country and its citizens to progress in the long run (the latter being highly unlikely).

Regardless of whether if these two scenarios occur, rioting, protests, violence, and blood will be noticed during the transition.
__________________
Dfit00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #58
The Fly
 
Achtung11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 252
Local Time: 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I'm as far away from a Bush supporter and religious nut as you can get, but aren't you the resident conspiracy theorist? By definition, you'll believe any retarded shit someone feeds you, as long as it carries an anti-government sentiment
Care to explain? I don't ever recall participating in any conspiracy theories.

But if you think that the War in Iraq being based on lies is "retarded shit" and that those of us who believe that Bush and Cheney are evil and greedy for going to war for oil are conspiracy theorists, maybe you're not that far away from being a Bush supporter as you think you are.
__________________
Achtung11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Do the names Adolf Hitler or Joseph Stalin ring a bell? And that's just two off the top of my head.
Meh, they don't look so bad

__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:32 AM   #60
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung11 View Post
Care to explain? I don't ever recall participating in any conspiracy theories.

But if you think that the War in Iraq being based on lies is "retarded shit" and that those of us who believe that Bush and Cheney are evil and greedy for going to war for oil are conspiracy theorists, maybe you're not that far away from being a Bush supporter as you think you are.
Oh ya, my mistake. You're the one with the authority issues
__________________

__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com