Huckabee in 2012?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Huckabee's not my first choice, but I highly doubt it'll take much to beat Obama next time around.

Conference breakout panels Saturday afternoon are scheduled to include Global Warming Hysteria: The New Face of the "Pro-Death Agenda"; Obamacare: Rationing Your Life Away; Activism and Conservatism: Fit to a (Tea) Party; and Thugocracy: Fighting the Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy.

:crack:

Huckabee's not my first choice, but I highly doubt it'll take much to beat Obama next time around.

Things could happen between now and then, but it would be a massive upset if Obama doesn't get a second term.

I just think it's hilarious that Fox News was created to avenge George H. W. Bush's loss to Clinton, and all it currently is doing is rallying the ultra-right and driving the moderates from the party--a recipe for losing. If Huckabee is the best the GOP can do, Obama's numbers can slide a lot more before he has anything to worry about with reelection in 2012.

Not to mention, the criminal gerrymandering of our congressional districts will always favor incumbents, including whoever is President.

Palin/Bachman '12---The misogynist GOP MILF ticket. :lol::lol::lol:

Mark

I just think it's hilarious that Fox News was created to avenge George H. W. Bush's loss to Clinton, and all it currently is doing is rallying the ultra-right and driving the moderates from the party

Or maybe Fox saw a large unserved market of the middle-right to right...and a chance to draw a ton of viewers and make a lot of money. Guess what? They were correct!

Do you think MSNBC is drawing more moderates than Fox News?

I'd think that true moderates - on either side - are generally at the more intelligent end of the scale, and thus understand that just about everything from healthcare policy to foreign policy to economic policy are really, really complicated and sit well and truly in a grey area, not a simplified screaming black or white, with us or against us area, and so would like their news to come with at least a bit of news. Therefore, not watching Fox or MSNBC at all.

Or maybe Fox saw a large unserved market of the middle-right to right...and a chance to draw a ton of viewers and make a lot of money. Guess what? They were correct!

It’s Murdoch. Don’t forget he’s made his fortune off being both tabloid and cleverly reading/swinging with the political current. It’s not that obvious at all in the US, where the battle lines are more clearly drawn and firmly entrenched, but in the UK and Australia where there is a far, far, far larger swinging middle ground to manipulate or follow, he very, very obviously swings backwards and forwards as per the leading political climate of the day, or more to the point swings his media backwards and forwards in a way that influences the climate of the day in a direction that is most suitable for him financially.

He does definitely lean conservative personally, but his support and his media support swings wildly left and right, high and low, always depending on where the money is. I remember when Fox News first was broadcast here, tuning in and immediately noticing that the biggest joke was not the obvious conservative leanings or the dumbed down opinions and reporting wrapped up in big-bang entertainment visuals (Murdoch hallmarks), but the ‘Fair and Balanced’/’We Report, You Decide’ taglines, which I just could not believe anyone could buy into when it’s a Murdoch owned business. But, plenty did and still do, plenty actually seem to defend the channel based on those taglines.

I just think it's hilarious that Fox News was created to avenge George H. W. Bush's loss to Clinton, and all it currently is doing is rallying the ultra-right and driving the moderates from the party--a recipe for losing. If Huckabee is the best the GOP can do, Obama's numbers can slide a lot more before he has anything to worry about with reelection in 2012.
thank you.

Though let's be honest. The fact that there's even going to be an election in 2012 with the attempt to defeat the first black president is obviously nothing more than racism. :tsk:

Fail

Fail as a joke in general.

And specifically fail asto the continuance of ignoring the fact that race is playing a factor, no matter how big or small... because if you completely ignore it, like you and so many others have for so long it will start to define your party.

logan-huckles.jpg

I'm denying that there are people in this country who would never vote for a black person, regardless of Republican or Democrat? News to me.

And if you thought the left used race in 2008 (which, of course, you probably didn't), it'll be even worse in 2012. There will be endless charges of racism and hatred directed at our nominee no matter who he or she is just for trying to defeat the first black president.

I'm denying that there are people in this country who would never vote for a black person, regardless of Republican or Democrat? News to me.
No, you're in denial about how much racism is playing a big role in the tea party movement.

And if you thought the left used race in 2008 (which, of course, you probably didn't)

You and I have talked about this exstensively in the past, how quickly we forget...

There will be endless charges of racism and hatred directed at our nominee no matter who he or she is just for trying to defeat the first black president.

Don't think so-as long as said nominee, and Republicans in general, do so with class and dignity and on the FACTS and his actual record at that point. Leave the teaparty Photoshops and slogans out of it and they're off to a good start. But as long as they keep up that nonsense and continue to distort the facts and try to scare people into voting for them, it's going to get nasty.

way too early to predict the GOP nominee

If Patterson is the Dem nominee for N Y Governor in 2010,
good chance Giuliani will beat him.
If NY shows improvement under Giuliani, he could be a serious contender for GOP Presidential candidate, if he can figure out how to win a few primaries.

It seems the Obama people see Giuliani on the radar,
they are urging Patterson not to run.

if Giuliani wins the GOP nom, do you think he'll pick 9/11 as his running mate? or settle for Palin?

Things could happen between now and then, but it would be a massive upset if Obama doesn't get a second term.

I'm not so sure. I agree that for whatever reason, presidents are more likely than not to get a second term. But if unemployment stays around 10%, the jobs don't come back, the deficit doesn't improve, taxes go up and massive inflation kicks in, I think he'd certainly have an uphill battle.

exactly. hell, if nothing changed in four years, even i wouldn't vote for obama again. but even with the natural ebb and flow of the economy, SOMETHING will change by then.

Giuliani ran a terrible campaign, IMO that totally destroyed any hope he had in becoming a viable candidate for the presidency. If Palin decides to run and is able to repair some of her image, Huckabee has no chance to win despite that preliminary poll. I just really hate how he panders to the Evangelical Christian wing and I don't see it as a winning strategy overall. It's a straw poll and too soon. I believe the economy will rebound but it will be sluggish IMO. People are also pointing to "a lost decade" alah Japan's economy which means a crappy stock market, meager growth, crappy emplyoyment numbers. Bye bye easy credit for a long time. I don't think that is enought to bring down Obama but I think it could make the election a lot closer than it was in 2008, depending on the candidate.

Back
Top Bottom