Huckabee in 2012?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm wondering if you're able to consider that Obama might do well. . .ever. Or do you just dislike him that much?

Sure. The number of things Obama could do that could make me happy is potentially limitless. However, the likelihood of him doing 99% of those things is incredibly small. In fact, I hope he does so many things that I like that I can't wait to vote for him in 2012. Among them are freezing spending, ending DADT, and though I have a number of disagreements with his approach to fighting terrorism, I'm glad he's sending more troops.

You know, if you replaced Obama with Bush in your question, that would have been a perfect question to ask most of the people here in FYM over the last 8 years. Did you ask it?

You know, if you replaced Obama with Bush in your question, that would have been a perfect question to ask most of the people here in FYM over the last 8 years. Did you ask it?

That point is kind of moot, because Bush didn't do well.

However, I did admire McCain before, during the primaries, and early in the campaign, and I do remember saying on here that the US could do much worse than have either candidate (or maybe Hillary was included in this, it may have been before the Democratic primaries concluded, I can't remember) as president. Of course, that was before McCain went batshit crazy on the campaign trail, and I changed my tune. I remember several other people around here feeling similarly about McCain, too.

We're not all bound by partisan ideologies, some of us just want the best people in charge.

Bush was roundly congratulated in here for increasing spending to support HIV/AIDS education in Africa. i admired his speech a few days after September 11th -- he hit the tone perfectly at that moment. the initial strikes against the Taliban in late 2001 were very well done, but it fell apart when they lost OBL in the mountains of Tora Bora because they were already directing resources to the Persian Gulf. there had to be a response to 9/11, and the initial campaign in Afghanistan was appropriate.

other than that, i truly do have a difficult time finding anything he did.

Bush was roundly congratulated in here for increasing spending to support HIV/AIDS education in Africa. i admired his speech a few days after September 11th -- he hit the tone perfectly at that moment. the initial strikes against the Taliban in late 2001 were very well done, but it fell apart when they lost OBL in the mountains of Tora Bora because they were already directing resources to the Persian Gulf. there had to be a response to 9/11, and the initial campaign in Afghanistan was appropriate.

other than that, i truly do have a difficult time finding anything he did.

All of this is true. I should have said "didn't do well overall."

Back
Top Bottom