How Obama got elected.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The reason McCain lost is because of many things:

1. He clearly lost every debate that he was involved in, debating is about being calm and collected and stating your point clearly, he was not able to do this effectively.

2. He is out of touch with the majority of American's whether he would like to admit it or not. Anybody that has owned 12 houses in the past does not have the same wants nor needs of the average person.

3. He did not do enough to distance himself from Bush policy. Even most republicans would admit to the fact that the Bush reign of power was a disaster for their party not only from Bush himself but much of his cabinet.

4. The vast majority of people are tired of sinking money into a War in Iraq that either a. shouldn’t have started in the first place or b. should have been completed a long time ago. Over 2 trillion dollars has been spent their alone so far and this cost is still counting.

Obama hasn’t proven anything yet however people decided to give him the chance to change things that have happened. If he can do so it will be a victory but it is going to be a long tough road to dig out of what both the government as well as private business has done over the last 8 years.

After the last 8 years there is noplace to head but up even if its in small steps.

Republicans should blame the people that represent their beliefs for McCains loss this government had some of the widest and deepest spending in US history. This is not what Republican government is supposed to represent. One day they will get their chance again no doubt however they should take a long hard look at themselves as a party and their policys and get back to those basic principles.

i'll add one more He ditched the John McCain of 2000 in favor of a bizarro McCain, pandering to the religious right and showing poor judgment in his choice of VP.

A "McCain of 2000/Lieberman" ticket may have stood a chance.

That clip reminds me of the grandmother from the Beverly Hillbillies :)

:lmao:

As for those Deliverance clips, nice job of diverting the attention from the first video I posted of people who're not hillbillies but still are completely clueless!

truth is a hard pill for some to swallow.

<>

It's so true isn't it?

That's why people come up with birth certificate theories, believe in shit polls, and ignore their own ignorance...

Thank you for admitting this, acceptance is the first step, next will be to take off the tin foil, and then maybe you can start educating yourself.

Good luck.

:lmao:

As for those Deliverance clips, nice job of diverting the attention from the first video I posted of people who're not hillbillies but still are completely clueless!

Well, the first video wasn't very compelling, exactly, but it got already dissected in another thread.

512 Obama Voters 11/13/08-11/15/08 MOE +/- 4.4 points

88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)

It boggles the mind that anyone would expect an obvious loaded question such as this to be taken seriously.

I mean, come on people.

It's so true isn't it?

That's why people come up with birth certificate theories, believe in shit polls, and ignore their own ignorance...

Thank you for admitting this, acceptance is the first step, next will be to take off the tin foil, and then maybe you can start educating yourself.

Good luck.

one can surely hope.

yes.

fox news for mccain
abc, cbs, nbc, msnbc, cnn, pbs for obama.

so.....?

<>

The other networks are not as blatantly biased (if at all, debatable apart from Olbermann) as Fox

So yes, there is some bias to McCain, and some to Obama.

What was your point ?

obviously there is some media bias so the fuck what.. this has been going on for years.

so if 'all' the media was biased towards mccain would you still be moaning about it? no...

do you guys admit that the media favored obama?

<>

Yes and no.

I can see where it looks like the media favored Obama on the surface, but no I don't think the media manipulated anything in order to help Obama.

Look McCain is a crotchety old man that doesn't have much a personality. Obama is the first African American that actually has a shot at the Presidency, he's young, has personality and he's attractive. That alone means the media is going to cover one more than the other, Obama's face will sell more magazines than McCain's.

As far as platform and issues, I don't think any canidate got favored, in fact like the majority of races in modern history the issues didn't get covered enough. The paranoid right will say but they didn't touch Ayers, birth certificates etc... THAT'S BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T ISSUES.

SIDENOTE: There was a great interview with Ayers on NPR yesterday btw and it really put in perspective how much of a nothing crapfest that whole "issue" really was...

Is mainstream media left? In the eyes of those that will spend millions over saving a defintion, yes, but to anyone else, no. To those that celebrate "folkiness" and attack higher education as elitest then yes, but to anyone else, no.

Yes and no.

I can see where it looks like the media favored Obama on the surface, but no I don't think the media manipulated anything in order to help Obama.

Look McCain is a crotchety old man that doesn't have much a personality. Obama is the first African American that actually has a shot at the Presidency, he's young, has personality and he's attractive. That alone means the media is going to cover one more than the other, Obama's face will sell more magazines than McCain's.

Exactly. I watched and read different news sources over the course of the campaign, and though Obama got more face time (because he makes for a better "story" than McCain), it wasn't in a biased, conspiratorial way that some are making it out to be.

Honestly, I don't know how the media manages to stay unbiased or bi-partisan during such a troubled time! I mean I would sometimes wonder if Wolf Blitzer or Jack Cafferty were this close to saying Go Obama on air, especially with the Sarah Palin hilarity going on. It's gotta be really hard to be a newscaster. When it's so obvious that American people need change from the same old bullshit of the Bush Administration, how do these people hold those feelings in? I admire them!

do you guys admit that the media favored obama?

<>

i admit that Obama ran a skillful, organized, nimble campaign and performed far better than McCain in the debates, delivered a series of brilliant, soaring speeches, and made a responsible pick for VP.

the news footage reflected the fact that he ran his campaign well.

i admit that John McCain ran a disorganized campaign, overreacted to a multitude of crises, was soundly beaten by Obama in the debates, looked old and out of touch on the stump, resorted to a series of attacks (Ayers) that went nowhere, and made the most irresponsible VP pick in history.

the news footage reflected the fact that McCain ran his campaign poorly.

it seems that for you to have something "unbiased," what you really mean is that you want "equivocation" -- so that when Obama has a good day and McCain has a bad day, you want the news media to be "fair" to both so they pick out something good about the McCain campaign.

like, if it were a 3rd grade classroom, and they got their spelling tests back, and Barry got a 100%, and John got a 65%. for it to be fair, you'd want them to say, "well, Barry did get a perfect score and John didn't, but John sure had nice handwriting!"

Obama won this election because he appealed to many segments of the population, the dumb being among them. I believe many people simply voted for the guy because he looks young and vibrant rather than any policy issues. I really concerned with all the "love" that people show towards this guy. Come on! The guy is a politician. love

Back
Top Bottom