How Obama got elected....... - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #61
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosterjuice View Post
Obama won this election because he appealed to many segments of the population, the dumb being among them. I believe many people simply voted for the guy because he looks young and vibrant rather than any policy issues. I really concerned with all the "love" that people show towards this guy. Come on! The guy is a politician. love

nice way to generalize and sweep every american under the rug like that truly that shows how intelligent you are. You should get a job as a political consultant..
__________________

__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:30 AM   #62
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Hey we can't lose our sense of humor. It gets really serious here at times.
lol. That second clip was pretty painful to watch. I've never seen that movie and not sure I want to see it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
like, if it were a 3rd grade classroom, and they got their spelling tests back, and Barry got a 100%, and John got a 65%. for it to be fair, you'd want them to say, "well, Barry did get a perfect score and John didn't, but John sure had nice handwriting!"
Excellent post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toscano View Post
Whereas Sarah Palin appealed to the educated ?

Exactly!! Like some people didn't vote for Palin only because she's young and vibrant! Pfft!
__________________

__________________
Zoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:34 AM   #63
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,597
Local Time: 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
lol. That second clip was pretty painful to watch. I've never seen that movie and not sure I want to see it now.
Actually it's a classic. That scene was hard to watch and there's some other violent things involving rafting and broken legs that are painful to watch but it's rare to see an old movie like that still being scary. The Burt Reynolds character is a big romanticist of nature as you can tell the point of the movie is that nature isn't always beautiful and majestic.
__________________
purpleoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:56 AM   #64
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosterjuice View Post
Obama won this election because he appealed to many segments of the population, the dumb being among them. I believe many people simply voted for the guy because he looks young and vibrant rather than any policy issues. I really concerned with all the "love" that people show towards this guy. Come on! The guy is a politician. love

Have you been paying attention at all? Either this is an elaborate joke or it's a case of pot calling the kettle black...
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:58 AM   #65
Refugee
 
cydewaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 1,256
Local Time: 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
do you guys admit that the media favored obama?
I'll go with that. To me it seemed that the media went a bit easier on Obama than they did on McCain, and with Palin getting the brunt of the bad press.

This however was a nice change, because it was a reversal of the last two elections, where Bush got the kid gloves and both Gore and Kerry were dragged through the fires of hell.
__________________
cydewaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:31 PM   #66
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosterjuice View Post
Obama won this election because he appealed to many segments of the population, the dumb being among them. I believe many people simply voted for the guy because he looks young and vibrant rather than any policy issues. I really concerned with all the "love" that people show towards this guy. Come on! The guy is a politician. love


and many people voted for McCain because they're racists.

__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:33 PM   #67
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydewaze View Post
with Palin getting the brunt of the bad press.


sarah palin has no one to blame for her bad press other than herself.

she didn't even know what the job of the VP was. she mangled the english language. her interview with katie couric -- who was *soft* on her -- was a historical disaster.

she deserved every bit of heat she got, and more.

the woman never gave a press conference!

if the media were doing it's job, they should have ignored her completely until she agreed to actually speak to them. no VP candidate in history has ever not given a press conference.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:38 PM   #68
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
sarah palin has no one to blame for her bad press other than herself.

she didn't even know what the job of the VP was. she mangled the english language. her interview with katie couric -- who was *soft* on her -- was a historical disaster.

she deserved every bit of heat she got, and more.

the woman never gave a press conference!

if the media were doing it's job, they should have ignored her completely until she agreed to actually speak to them. no VP candidate in history has ever not given a press conference.
So why is somebody willing to pay her US$7 Million to write a book?

Because somebody thinks there are enough people in this country that actually value what she has to say(god knows what that is) to turn them out a profit.

The scary part? They're probably right.

__________________
namkcuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:19 PM   #69
War Child
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 706
Local Time: 12:01 AM
Oh good Christ, why is it that so many good conservative folks fall for crap like this!!?? I wish everyone would just understand how incredibly easy it is to create a piece of propaganda like this.

I'm sure it won't be long before someone from the other side creates a survey and accompanying video that makes McCain voters look stupid.

This is my favorite: "86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her house, even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!" True, Palin never said she could see Russia from her house. She said, and I quote, "you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska." How could Obama supporters be so stupid to think she said "house" and not "alaska"?? *LOL*

Judging by how many people have fallen for this thing, it's clear who the stupid ones are.
__________________
LPU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #70
Babyface
 
sharon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 22
Local Time: 01:01 AM
I thought the election was over. We had to endure 8 years of Bush, I don't think its too much to ask of everyone to give Obama a chance. Also if the republicans could not come up with a team better than McCain/Palin they have no one to blame but themselves. Just my 2 cents.
__________________
sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:18 PM   #71
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,016
Local Time: 08:01 AM
i think surveys would show that voters are uninformed just about always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
this is the first time i've ever heard of Republicans saying that Democrats were too stupid to know any better.
that's what I was thinking
__________________
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:19 PM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Tiger Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Everglades
Posts: 4,740
Local Time: 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosterjuice View Post
Obama won this election because he appealed to many segments of the population, the dumb being among them. I believe many people simply voted for the guy because he looks young and vibrant rather than any policy issues. I really concerned with all the "love" that people show towards this guy. Come on! The guy is a politician. love
But what exactly is your point? A lot of people tuned in and watched some idiot plumber call Obama a socialist and suddenly he was one, without looking at any of his policies which are certainly not socialist.
Some people got scared by that and that alone without looking into it.

I think the "love" is more like a big breath of fresh air being breathed out that Bush is out and someone, anyone else is going to be coming in. A year from now the media is going to be scrutinizing everything and suddenly it will have "less of a bias" than it did now.
__________________
Tiger Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:59 PM   #73
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydewaze View Post
I'll go with that. To me it seemed that the media went a bit easier on Obama than they did on McCain, and with Palin getting the brunt of the bad press.

This however was a nice change, because it was a reversal of the last two elections, where Bush got the kid gloves and both Gore and Kerry were dragged through the fires of hell.

True dat.
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #74
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toscano View Post

What was your point ?


__________________
diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydewaze View Post
I'll go with that. To me it seemed that the media went a bit easier on Obama ...

finally an honest lefty.



<>
__________________

__________________
diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com