How Obama got elected....... - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-19-2008, 02:12 AM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London/Sydney
Posts: 6,608
Local Time: 11:38 PM
McCain ran a pretty shit campaign. Shit campaigns generally lose elections. That’s about it.
__________________

__________________
Earnie Shavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:25 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie Shavers View Post
McCain ran a pretty shit campaign. Shit campaigns generally lose elections. That’s about it.
yup, that pretty much sums it up right there.
__________________

__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:27 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
It's so true isn't it?

That's why people come up with birth certificate theories, believe in shit polls, and ignore their own ignorance...

Thank you for admitting this, acceptance is the first step, next will be to take off the tin foil, and then maybe you can start educating yourself.

Good luck.


one can surely hope.
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:38 PM
do you guys admit that the media favored obama?

<>
__________________
diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:39 AM   #50
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
do you guys admit that the media favored obama?

<>
Are you including Fox News as part of "the media" ?
__________________
toscano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:38 PM
yes.

fox news for mccain
abc, cbs, nbc, msnbc, cnn, pbs for obama.

so.....?

<>
__________________
diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:01 AM   #52
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
yes.

fox news for mccain
abc, cbs, nbc, msnbc, cnn, pbs for obama.

so.....?

<>
The other networks are not as blatantly biased (if at all, debatable apart from Olbermann) as Fox

So yes, there is some bias to McCain, and some to Obama.

What was your point ?
__________________
toscano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #53
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 06:38 PM
obviously there is some media bias so the fuck what.. this has been going on for years.

so if 'all' the media was biased towards mccain would you still be moaning about it? no...
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:12 AM   #54
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,700
Local Time: 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
do you guys admit that the media favored obama?

<>

Yes and no.

I can see where it looks like the media favored Obama on the surface, but no I don't think the media manipulated anything in order to help Obama.

Look McCain is a crotchety old man that doesn't have much a personality. Obama is the first African American that actually has a shot at the Presidency, he's young, has personality and he's attractive. That alone means the media is going to cover one more than the other, Obama's face will sell more magazines than McCain's.

As far as platform and issues, I don't think any canidate got favored, in fact like the majority of races in modern history the issues didn't get covered enough. The paranoid right will say but they didn't touch Ayers, birth certificates etc... THAT'S BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T ISSUES.

SIDENOTE: There was a great interview with Ayers on NPR yesterday btw and it really put in perspective how much of a nothing crapfest that whole "issue" really was...

Is mainstream media left? In the eyes of those that will spend millions over saving a defintion, yes, but to anyone else, no. To those that celebrate "folkiness" and attack higher education as elitest then yes, but to anyone else, no.
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:15 AM   #55
Blue Crack Addict
 
onebloodonelife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 15,106
Local Time: 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Yes and no.

I can see where it looks like the media favored Obama on the surface, but no I don't think the media manipulated anything in order to help Obama.

Look McCain is a crotchety old man that doesn't have much a personality. Obama is the first African American that actually has a shot at the Presidency, he's young, has personality and he's attractive. That alone means the media is going to cover one more than the other, Obama's face will sell more magazines than McCain's.
Exactly. I watched and read different news sources over the course of the campaign, and though Obama got more face time (because he makes for a better "story" than McCain), it wasn't in a biased, conspiratorial way that some are making it out to be.
__________________
onebloodonelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:16 AM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 12:38 AM
Honestly, I don't know how the media manages to stay unbiased or bi-partisan during such a troubled time! I mean I would sometimes wonder if Wolf Blitzer or Jack Cafferty were this close to saying Go Obama on air, especially with the Sarah Palin hilarity going on. It's gotta be really hard to be a newscaster. When it's so obvious that American people need change from the same old bullshit of the Bush Administration, how do these people hold those feelings in? I admire them!
__________________
Zoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:22 AM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,597
Local Time: 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post



As for those Deliverance clips, nice job of diverting the attention from the first video I posted of people who're not hillbillies but still are completely clueless!
Hey we can't lose our sense of humor. It gets really serious here at times.
__________________
purpleoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:52 AM   #58
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,501
Local Time: 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
do you guys admit that the media favored obama?

<>



i admit that Obama ran a skillful, organized, nimble campaign and performed far better than McCain in the debates, delivered a series of brilliant, soaring speeches, and made a responsible pick for VP.

the news footage reflected the fact that he ran his campaign well.

i admit that John McCain ran a disorganized campaign, overreacted to a multitude of crises, was soundly beaten by Obama in the debates, looked old and out of touch on the stump, resorted to a series of attacks (Ayers) that went nowhere, and made the most irresponsible VP pick in history.

the news footage reflected the fact that McCain ran his campaign poorly.

it seems that for you to have something "unbiased," what you really mean is that you want "equivocation" -- so that when Obama has a good day and McCain has a bad day, you want the news media to be "fair" to both so they pick out something good about the McCain campaign.

like, if it were a 3rd grade classroom, and they got their spelling tests back, and Barry got a 100%, and John got a 65%. for it to be fair, you'd want them to say, "well, Barry did get a perfect score and John didn't, but John sure had nice handwriting!"
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:14 AM   #59
Refugee
 
boosterjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CANADA
Posts: 1,810
Local Time: 03:38 PM
Obama won this election because he appealed to many segments of the population, the dumb being among them. I believe many people simply voted for the guy because he looks young and vibrant rather than any policy issues. I really concerned with all the "love" that people show towards this guy. Come on! The guy is a politician. love
__________________
boosterjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:21 AM   #60
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosterjuice View Post
Obama won this election because he appealed to many segments of the population, the dumb being among them.
Whereas Sarah Palin appealed to the educated ?

__________________

__________________
toscano is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com