How Obama got elected....... - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2008, 09:45 AM   #166
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:32 PM
You're right. We're the losers. We'll go cry in defeat now.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:56 AM   #167
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Here's why you guys won in a nutshell.:

I speak with having participated directly or indirectly in general elections since 1972 and having a principled intellect.

Other than one time since 1952 after 8 years in office-the country always has elected a different party to the Presidency.

Secondly-the economy will give the challenger a 7-10 point advantage if it is bad during the race. Look at Reagan/Carter. Look at GHB/Clinton .

37-38% of Americans are GOP
43-44% are Democrat

The rest are Independent or other 10-15%

The Independents usually vote the economy-no matter who the President is.

The economy was in the sh*tter due to the Fannie and Freddie mess (thank you Dems)-also the pro longed War on Terror-(thank you Republicans)

I congradulate Obama on his win, however given the circumstances based on national and economic conditions in collusion with the Dinosuar MSMedia: Borat, The Love Guru or Wayne Campbell and Garth Alger could have beaten John McCain.

If the economy was humming along like in 2004-05-you may not have won, but probably still would have based on the opening reasons in this post.

Sorry to have to douse the Obamatron's ecstasy party with a cold glass of reality, carry on.

<>
oh yes, a man of wisdom. How long did it take you to come up with this one. Hey I got a idea, instead of posting crap here why don't you go spend some time with your family on this saturday..

Old 11-22-2008, 10:28 AM   #168
Refugee

Local Time: 12:32 PM
Quote:
i'm considered an expert in a wide array of different fields.

<>

Name ONE.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #169
Refugee

Quote:

He is the least vetted or scruntized elected president.

<>
Apart from the barking loons and the birth certificate thing of course.......
Old 11-22-2008, 12:48 PM   #170
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
It's not about gaffes. It's not even about policy. She is just a woman disconnected from anything beyond her tiny world. She is not an intelligent woman.

You are judging her intelligence based on her policy, but that's not how you judge intelligence, you judge intelligence by how that person came up with the policy, their reasoning behind their policy, and how they explain or implement the policies.
Policies enacted matter more to me because in history you will be judged on what you enacted into law more than your ability to communicate. The difference now is that we live in a world of 24/7 news media and different skills are required in the short term. Most of the good ideas come from economists and advisors that are hired by the administration and not the leader. Having a stumbling conservative will not be tenable in the future. I'm sure Obama has his strengths (constitutional law) and weaknesses (everything else), and Palin's strengths (energy independence) and weaknesses (everything else). The "everything else" will be supplied by others in the admistration. This is unfortunately why the campaign trail is filled with broken promises as leaders change their minds when confronted with their own administration.

Quote:
Defend your policies, defend your beliefs, but don't defend the stupid sanctions of your party. It's weak and it makes people question your intelligence. I really have to question anyone who believes Palin is intelligent, and my conservative girlfriend agrees with me.
Palin is not going to be the next leader anyways. Pawlenty (moderate) and Jindal (hardcore) are the early frontrunners. I'm sure they'll attack Jindal and make him look stupid. He's religious and so is Palin. The difference is that he is more articulate and that is what convinces voters more than policy.

I've got a question for you. Do you think that someone can sound intelligent and have bad policies?

Quote:
Also, I'm so tired of you defending Republicans by a "well he didn't really want to but..." excuse. That's such bullshit! Unless you have a souce showing pictures of someone twisting his arm, then don't even try...
I'm not defending it if I mention John Kerry. I don't like wafflers either and there are some lessons for conservatives who want to run in office and that's to have a long track record of being conservative as opposed to jumping ship every so often. But you have to admit that politicians feel pressure to flip-flop from constituents, experts, and lobbyists. Even Gingrich eventually voted for the bailout after "expert" economists told him he had to to avoid a Depression. The arm twisting is the loss of a political job. Look at McCain sucking up to Obama and other "conservatives" like "Anuhld" asking his wife for political advice and looking for federal bailout money; or Powell agreeing with McCain on most things and believing in the Iraq war but still voting for Obama. They are all concerned about their fanny.

To me the McCain/Palin ticket was the least bad choice of the choices available. Though I do feel some relief in them losing because now cap and trade is a democrat issue that will fall on them when the pathetic results show up. McCain was actually thinking of bringing Al Gore as an environmental advisor. Much better to give him a wide birth.

Al Gore is another guy that sounds articulate but has a faulty documentary full of errors. I think sticking to policy is safer than pushing for charisma and eloquence.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #171
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:32 PM
Quote:
your gaffe sounds a bit sexist.

<>

Nice try...
Old 11-22-2008, 01:33 PM   #172
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
I'm sure Obama has his strengths (constitutional law) and weaknesses (everything else), and Palin's strengths (energy independence) and weaknesses (everything else).

Quote:
I've got a question for you. Do you think that someone can sound intelligent and have bad policies?
Yes, I do know a few intelligent Republicans.

Quote:
or Powell agreeing with McCain on most things and believing in the Iraq war but still voting for Obama. They are all concerned about their fanny.
You are soooooooo full of crap.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #173
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:32 PM
Suddenly Obama is weak in everything but constitutional law? Ha.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:37 PM   #174
Refugee

Local Time: 02:32 PM
He only did the job of a senator for about two years, with no prior national office experience. Not much time to develop a strong record on any particular issue.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:07 PM   #175
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:32 PM
Anyone have anything left besides "You're full of crap" and "I'm an expert on all known topics" to contribute, or should I just close this one? We're going in circles here.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:12 PM   #176
She's the One

Local Time: 11:32 AM
^
Old 11-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #177
Blue Crack Addict

I'm all for closing this thread..

its going round and round as long as diamond keeps posting in here and his buddy Purple. Yet, at the same time I am finding it entertaining reading.. I must be sick or something..
Old 11-22-2008, 05:31 PM   #178
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:32 AM
never mind
Old 11-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #179
Refugee

Local Time: 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Fanatic4ever View Post
I'm all for closing this thread..

its going round and round as long as diamond keeps posting in here and his buddy Purple. Yet, at the same time I am finding it entertaining reading.. I must be sick or something..
Do you prefer threads where only people on the "left" post?
Old 11-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #180
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:32 AM
It sure makes it easier, yes we can!