House Of Evil / Seed Of Peace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can safely say I've never had to sit in a house for 35 minutes listening to Muslims extol the virtues of their faith (had to do that a while back with some Mormons. My sister's fiance answered the door and they were there and they didn't really know how to properly turn them away, so they invited them in

perhaps she could have told them to go away and closed the door? probably a tad safer than letting random people in to have a chat...

perhaps she could have told them to go away and closed the door? probably a tad safer than letting random people in to have a chat...

I guess that would depend on where you live. There are still some parts of America, such as small towns and rural areas where people don't feel the need to lock their doors. I live in a county neighboring Baltimore City, Md. It wasn't all to long ago. We felt the same way. But, too much criminal activity enjoys giving the Baltimore City Police Department a good chase and try to hide out in our neighborhoods. It's kind of funny though. We'll come out side and tell the police exactly which way they ran.

Then, they get arrested! :applaud:

Back to topic. Please, don't be afraid of diversity. Embrace it. We are not so different. We have the same worries, hopes and dreams. As my older than dirt generation would say. "We're all in the same boat."

That's what I would've preferred she do, but for some reason she just didn't. Like I said, they were nice guys, kinda soft-spoken and quiet (one never spoke, the other did all the yapping). Just not into their message.

Angela

That's what I would've preferred she do, but for some reason she just didn't. Like I said, they were nice guys, kinda soft-spoken and quiet (one never spoke, the other did all the yapping). Just not into their message.

Angela

I understand. They have showed up at my door too. I would listen. Because I didn't want to be impolite. My Irish Granny raised me to have good manners.

Angela

I understand. They have showed up at my door too. I would listen. Because I didn't want to be impolite. My Irish Granny raised me to have good manners.

So if I ever decide to rob both of you via a home invasion, I'll just show up at your door with a couple of my quiet, soft spoken friends, take advantage of your desire not to be impolite, and then rob you blind.

But that's neither here nor there.

On topic: Muslims are people, too.

So if I ever decide to rob both of you via a home invasion, I'll just show up at your door with a couple of my quiet, soft spoken friends, take advantage of your desire not to be impolite, and then rob you blind.

But that's neither here nor there.

On topic: Muslims are people, too.

Not my house, love. I have a tire iron right where. I can get to it.

It's not about politeness, it's about valuing your own time. I'm not going to go work for 14 hours and then have to listen to a Mormon or a Jehovah's Witness or whoever blather on about salvation and shove some poorly written magazines into my hands when I could be lying on my couch in peace.

It's not about politeness, it's about valuing your own time. I'm not going to go work for 14 hours and then have to listen to a Mormon or a Jehovah's Witness or whoever blather on about salvation and shove some poorly written magazines into my hands when I could be lying on my couch in peace.

:lol:

The Jehovah's Witnesses finally stopped coming by.

I'm polite and say "no thank you, I'm an Athiest."

My wife lets them have it with a curse-laden diatribe that comes from 2000 years of religious tension, religious female repression and a dose of ex-Catholic school girl for good measure. I didn't hear all of it last time, but it ended with something like, "and don't ring my fucking doorbell at 9 AM on a Sunday morning!!!"

My wife's grandfather invites them in to his house and lectures them on complete Christian religious history until they are asking to leave and questioning their own beliefs. (He's a Freemason.)

And. I.will.shoot you with my gun faster. Than you can hit. Me with the tire iron.

You win! :applaud: I can't out run a bullet. But, my Ninja trowing star will get you in the back of the head. :lol:

Seriously. I don't invite anyone into my house that I don't know. Including church recruiters. I have my beliefs, you have yours. Let's keep it that way.

You win! :applaud: I can't out run a bullet. But, my Ninja trowing star will get you in the back of the head. :lol:

Seriously. I don't invite anyone into my house that I don't know. Including church recruiters. I have my beliefs, you have yours. Let's keep it that way.

Sure. But common sense is not a belief. :shrug:

Anyway, we're. Way off topic.

:lol:

The Jehovah's Witnesses finally stopped coming by.

I'm polite and say "no thank you, I'm an Athiest."

My wife lets them have it with a curse-laden diatribe that comes from 2000 years of religious tension, religious female repression and a dose of ex-Catholic school girl for good measure. I didn't hear all of it last time, but it ended with something like, "and don't ring my fucking doorbell at 9 AM on a Sunday morning!!!"

My wife's grandfather invites them in to his house and lectures them on complete Christian religious history until they are asking to leave and questioning their own beliefs. (He's a Freemason.)

OMG......that is funny! :applaud:

"a dose of ex-Catholic school girl for good measure." :lol:

I actually want to see these scenarios take place :D. That first one in particular sounds hilarious.

Yeah, like I said, that was my sister's choice, it would not have been mine at all. But she goes to church a little more often than I do (read: not at all). Not that much, and she's not a Mormon, she's Lutheran, but she does sometimes, so perhaps that was a factor. And it was her house. But since then she hasn't invited them back in, so... I dunno. You'd have to ask her, I guess.

Sorry if this is derailing the thread again :p.

Angela

So, Bill O'Reilly was on The View this morning, and he was speaking against the "mosque", and Joy Behar and Whoopie Goldberg walked off the set after he said "Muslims killed us on 9/11".

Good for Joy and Whoopie, I say.

I saw that...

But honestly they shouldn't have walked out, they should have employed the trap door on Bill and sent him to the asshole basement where he belongs.

Hehe. Well put.

Sigh. I really don't get it with Bill sometimes. I see him on some shows and he actually comes across as mature and calm and seems worthy of having a legitimate discussion...and then he goes on other shows and says dumb stuff like that (if it's indeed true that 70% of Americans oppose this idea, so what? "Well, the majority says this so it must be true/right" isn't a strong enough argument, genius). I've seen the clip on TV already, and yeah, it wouldn't have been my choice to start cursing and walking off the set-I fully agree with the way Barbara handled the situation, fully agree with what she said to both sides.

But I can certainly understand the frustration at remarks like that constantly being repeated ad nauseum. Somebody has to finally start calling people out on that stuff.

Angela

The plane hijackers on 9/11 aren't considered to be muslim.

1. They drank alcohol and smoked, forbidden in their religion

2. They slept with prostitutes, again forbidden

3. They commited mass murder. According to their faith. (the few muslims I know personally) There is no heaven for these people. Murder goes against everything they believe in. Same for Christians and Jews. At least it is suppose to be that way.

So, Bill O'Reilly was on The View this morning, and he was speaking against the "mosque", and Joy Behar and Whoopie Goldberg walked off the set after he said "Muslims killed us on 9/11".

Good for Joy and Whoopie, I say.

Insane fanatics "nut jobs" as Bono calls them. Killed us on 9/11. My muslim neighbors were just as terrified as we were. They were afraid the country they love was going to be invaded and more attacks would come. Just like we all did.

1. They drank alcohol and smoked, forbidden in their religion

2. They slept with prostitutes, again forbidden

3. They commited mass murder. According to their faith. (the few muslims I know personally) There is no heaven for these people. Murder goes against everything they believe in. Same for Christians and Jews. At least it is suppose to be that way.

There has been much dispute and debate as to the definition of "jihad," even in the Muslim community. According to a conservative interpretation, the acts of the 9/11 hijackers would be in line with the ultimate act of self-sacrifice in the service of a holy war. Their hope would likely be that Allah would overlook their transgressions in light of their greater committment/submission to His ways. (Though there is no guarantee of Paradise in the Muslim religion for anyone, according to some interpretations, jihad may be the only such way to Paradise.)

And shoot, if I were doing what they were doing the morning after, I would do whatever the hell I wanted the night before.

Also, referring to these terrorists (and the many who cheered their actions around the globe) minimizes their humanity and their deeply-held convictions, which allows us to avoid dealing with the very real challenges of Islamofascism around the globe. As Bono said, "we cannot underestimate the sex appeal of a Hitler."

Sigh. I really don't get it with Bill sometimes. I see him on some shows and he actually comes across as mature and calm and seems worthy of having a legitimate discussion

You know, it's been fascinating watching Bill O'Reilly's TV show once in a while over the past few years. It's the story of a man who was once fairly despised by the left, watching his host network (FOX) slowly slide by him to new depths of bizarre wingnut opinion shows, propping up wacky, unqualified political candidates like Sarah Palin and Christine O'Donnell. It really seems recently that O'Reilly has this weary look about him, like even he can't continue to pump himself up for his hostile guest spots to promote whatever latest book or project he has done.

I almost feel bad for the guy.

Sorry -- this should read:

Also, referring to these terrorists (and the many who cheered their actions around the globe) ** as insane nut jobs ** minimizes their humanity and their deeply-held convictions, which allows us to avoid dealing with the very real challenges of Islamofascism around the globe. As Bono said, "we cannot underestimate the sex appeal of a Hitler."

As for Joy Behar and Whoopie Goldberg, as much as I love Jewish girls, imagine having to be on set with the equivalent of what, FIVE yentas?

I give any man credit for going on The View and surviving without trying to strangle half the hosts.

I never watch "The View" unless there happens to be a guest on there I'd like to see. The show's concept is a fantastic one that I'm all for, but I think all the constant behind-the-scenes OMG DRAMA! crap over the years has been incredibly off-putting and makes me less interested to watch the show more often.

You know, it's been fascinating watching Bill O'Reilly's TV show once in a while over the past few years. It's the story of a man who was once fairly despised by the left, watching his host network (FOX) slowly slide by him to new depths of bizarre wingnut opinion shows, propping up wacky, unqualified political candidates like Sarah Palin and Christine O'Donnell. It really seems recently that O'Reilly has this weary look about him, like even he can't continue to pump himself up for his hostile guest spots to promote whatever latest book or project he has done.

I almost feel bad for the guy.

You could quite well be right about that. I can easily see where you get that impression-he does sometimes tend to have that look about him, yeah. Which, if that is indeed the case, makes me wonder why he doesn't just quit Fox and go elsewhere? Course, then again, if he's got the channel's stigma associated with him, and given some of his views over the years, that may be easier said than done.

Angela

I guess that would depend on where you live. There are still some parts of America, such as small towns and rural areas where people don't feel the need to lock their doors. I live in a county neighboring Baltimore City, Md. It wasn't all to long ago. We felt the same way. But, too much criminal activity enjoys giving the Baltimore City Police Department a good chase and try to hide out in our neighborhoods. It's kind of funny though. We'll come out side and tell the police exactly which way they ran.

Then, they get arrested! :applaud:

ummm... no? has nothing to do with locking your doors... has to do with common sense. people get shot in bumfuck, too.

As for Joy Behar and Whoopie Goldberg, as much as I love Jewish girls

Not that it matters, and I don't know if you even meant it literally and I'm not trying to be a whatever :) but Goldberg is her made up stage name and Joy was raised Catholic and I think she calls herself an agnostic now. But yentas still applies :D

That whole walk off thing was silly. They have people like O'Reilly on that show just to stir up crap and then Barbara Walters acts all high and mighty like she's scolding them. Just what O'Reilly wants, and just what the View wants. They played right into his hands when they should have just shrugged him off. Hate to agree with Rosie..but of course who can ever forget the infamous split screen during her fight with Elisabeth.

Rosie O'Donnell added her thoughts to the chorus of commentary surrounding Bill O'Reilly's now-infamous appearance on "The View" last week.

Speaking on her Sirius satellite radio show on Friday, O'Donnell said that the producers of the show she formerly moderated should have known that the Fox News host would say something incendiary -- as he did last week, when his comment that "Muslims killed us on 9/11" caused co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar to walk off the set.

"What does he do besides incite hatred? What does he do besides that?" she said, adding later, "that's what Bill O'Reilly does. Why would you book him?"

O'Donnell also said that the atmosphere at "The View" was so strange that "I don't think it can ever be articulated to anyone who has not experienced it...the fact that Barbara Walters could, and feel that she should be able to, scold the Oscar, Grammy and Emmy Award winning Whoopi Goldberg and the 60-year-old Joy Behar on TV is kind of strange."

Back
Top Bottom