House Of Evil / Seed Of Peace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But why do SO MANY good people fall for it??!!!!!!!!

This is the question I always ask. I guess the only possible answer would be fear of some kind, but really, what exactly are you afraid will happen? I just don't understand how someone can allow fear and ignorance to run their lives. And those who don't live anywhere near New York City, I really don't understand the issues they have with this. You don't live there, what the hell do you care?

Also, believe it or not, there are people who were personally affected by 9/11 who don't have an ax to grind with the Muslim community as a whole. Not everyone who experiences a horrific event up close and personal wants retaliation and revenge, so you can't exactly use that as a reason, either. Muslims lost loved ones that day, too, for crying out loud!

I guess my other question is, why are the Republicans so scared this'll lead to more terror attacks? I thought you guys were responsible for reducing the chances of that happening with your oh-so-brilliant legislation and wars and tactics. That's how you keep trumpeting yourselves, after all, so...are you inadvertently admitting your ideas may not have worked very well in our "war on terror"?

I heard someone say the other day that it'll be OK to build a Mosque at Ground Zero when a church is built in Saudi Arabia. Really??? So Saudi Arabia is our standard for religious freedom and tolerance? I thought we were better than that. But maybe we're not.

We are, we just have to quit letting idiots monopolize the conversation and get their way. This is, ironically, why this center should be built-to foster tolerance and understanding and education. All those who are making a fuss over this are doing is proving why this building should exist in the first place.

(And aren't we already sort of friends with Saudi Arabia? You know, 'cause of the oil we get from them and everything? So, um, yeah. And isn't the fact that they won't build a church in their country but we'll allow a mosque in ours the reason why we're better than them, supposedly, why America's "#1!"?)

:up: to the rest of what you said, too, by the way.

Angela

This center really needs to be built.

America is a religious country, with this new center many more Americans will have an opportunity to be exposed to Islam. Some will choose to embrace the faith. Islam is the fastest growing religion on the planet. When we have more American Muslims people will fear them less.

The more I read about this, the more I'm convinced it's all part of a grand trick to at some point try and entice all of Americas stupid people to the same place at the same time... and then what? They're all like moths to a flame over this, it just seems too easy. And now they know that. NOW THEY KNOW THAT. Hey, stupid people, you're time is coming.

Says it all, says it all :sigh:

"A man walks through the crowd at the Ground Zero protest and is mistaken as a Muslim. The crowd turns on him and confronts him. The man in the blue hard hat calls him a coward and tries to fight him. The tall man who I think was one of the organizers tried to get between the two men. Later I caught up with the man who's name is Kenny. He is a Union carpenter who works at Ground Zero. We discussed what a scary moment that was for him. I told him that I hoped it did not ruin his day."

YouTube - Anti-muslim Rally at Ground Zero

I know many of you may not believe me, but I am embarrassed by those anti-mosque protesters. I do not share their anti-Muslim beliefs, nor do I believe Obama is secretly a Muslim. They just did a great job making New Yorkers and Americans look bad :|

Honestly, I think they did a great job making this opposition look bad. This has to one of the dumbest debates in our nations history in a loooong time.

I'm still waiting on a strong reason as to why some oppose this, and I haven't heard one.

I know many of you may not believe me, but I am embarrassed by those anti-mosque protesters. I do not share their anti-Muslim beliefs, nor do I believe Obama is secretly a Muslim. They just did a great job making New Yorkers and Americans look bad :|

I believe you. You've never given me any reason to believe otherwise, and I'm sorry I didn't say so earlier here.

Pearl this is not directed at you personally, but at all persons that have voiced concerns about this Muslim center
When W said " you are either with us or against us" he was full of crap.

A person could be against what W wanted to do and be against the terrorists too.

Not every thing can be broken down to an "either or" choice.

Most of you know I am not typically for any religious promotion, being that I am agnostic.

I do believe with this issue, a Muslim Center a couple of blocks from ground zero, that is zoned for facilities like that,

If you oppose it you are (perhaps unintentionally) with the terrorists.

By opposing this center you are furthering the goals and the agenda of BinLaden and his cohorts. You are validating all of their arguments.

And when I say you, I mean that in the general term, as in all those that oppose this.

Honestly, I think they did a great job making this opposition look bad. This has to one of the dumbest debates in our nations history in a loooong time.

I'm still waiting on a strong reason as to why some oppose this, and I haven't heard one.
you're acting like september 11 was nearly a decade ago. we need time to heal man!

I do believe you :) :hug:. You have every right to be embarrassed by these morons, I'm embarrassed, too.

I'd love to think this video being shown nationwide (worldwide, even) would cause these people to be deeply ashamed of their actions, but somehow I doubt that'll happen :slant:.

Angela

The more I read about this, the more I'm convinced it's all part of a grand trick to at some point try and entice all of Americas stupid people to the same place at the same time... and then what? They're all like moths to a flame over this, it just seems too easy. And now they know that. NOW THEY KNOW THAT. Hey, stupid people, you're time is coming.

Couldn't agree more. This whole "Mosque at Ground Zero" has seemed like it was purposely set up somehow. The "left" have bitten at the bait like hungry little fish and have angered and lent enough credence to the "right" to further inflame the "average" American. The whole thing stinks of manipulation.

Couldn't agree more. This whole "Mosque at Ground Zero" has seemed like it was purposely set up somehow. The "left" have bitten at the bait like hungry little fish and have angered and lent enough credence to the "right" to further inflame the "average" American. The whole thing stinks of manipulation.

Ha - well spun.

Muslim Cab Driver STABBED In New York City, Michael Enright Arrested On Hate Crime Charge

A man has been arrested on charges he repeatedly stabbed a New York City cab driver after asking the driver if he was Muslim and the driver said yes.

Police arrested Michael Enright Tuesday night on charges including attempted murder as a hate crime. He was expected to appear in court in Manhattan on Wednesday.

Police say the 21-year-old suspect from suburban Brewster, N.Y., was drunk when he hailed the cab on Manhattan's East Side.

Police say he attacked the driver with a folding knife before jumping out a rear window.

An officer found Enright slumped on the sidewalk and arrested him. The driver was treated for multiple lacerations.

The incident comes amid intense controversy around plans to build an Islamic community center, known as Park51, in New York City's Financial District. It's not clear if the alleged attack on Monday was in any way motived by that controversy.

Both the taxi driver and the 21-year-old passenger were taken to a local hospital following the incident.

By CRISTIAN SALAZAR, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK – Mayor Michael Bloomberg delivered an impassioned speech at an event marking the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, saying that not allowing a proposed mosque to be built near ground zero would be "compromising our commitment to fighting terror with freedom."

"We would undercut the values and principles that so many heroes died protecting," Bloomberg said at the dinner Tuesday in observance of Iftar, the breaking of the daily fast during Ramadan.

The mayor said he understood the "impulse to find another location for the mosque" but a compromise won't end the debate.

"The question will then become how big should the no-mosque zone around the World Trade Center be," Bloomberg said. "There is already a mosque four blocks away. Should it, too, be moved?"

Sharif el-Gamal, the mosque site's developer, and Daisy Khan, a co-founder of the group planning the mosque, were also at the dinner attended by about 100 people, including members of the Muslim community and city officials such as police Commissioner Raymond Kelly.

After Bloomberg spoke, el-Gamal said he was "very honored and blessed" to be an American and a New Yorker.

"Mayor Bloomberg's speech embodied the values and the mores that we as Muslim Americans live and cherish," el-Gamal said.

Khan said Bloomberg "delivered a passionate speech in defense of our deep American values."

In protest of what it calls a religion "of the devil," a nondenominational church in Gainesville, Florida, plans to host an "International Burn a Quran Day" on the ninth anniversary of the September 11, 2001, attacks. The Dove World Outreach Center says it is hosting the event to remember 9/11 victims and take a stand against Islam. With promotions on its website and Facebook page, it invites Christians to burn the Muslim holy book at the church from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
"We believe that Islam is of the devil, that it's causing billions of people to go to hell, it is a deceptive religion, it is a violent religion and that is proven many, many times," Pastor Terry Jones told CNN's Rick Sanchez earlier this week.
Jones wrote a book titled "Islam is of the Devil," and the church sells coffee mugs and shirts featuring the phrase.
Muslims and many other Christians -- including some evangelicals -- are fighting the initiative.
This is getting really scary.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/29/florida.burn.quran.day/index.html?iref=obinsite

OK everyone, I'm going to contradict myself here. Earlier I posted a CNN article on a church's plans for "Burn a Qu'ran Day." I condemn those actions. However, I still feel uneasy about the Ground Zero mosque. Sorry! But this article from the Washington Post frames my thoughts exactly:

With a recent Rasmussen poll showing 62% of Americans are against the 13 story mosque, Geller's efforts to inform public opinion have been more than vindicated as mainstream. The 38% who support Rauf's plans include the Democrat leadership, the elite mainstream media and the radical 1960s left, who together have formed an arrogant, chauvinistic machine, pushing the mosque project and vilifying those who oppose it.

Imam Feisal Rauf is the man who heads the Cordoba Initiative. He plans to build a Sharia-promoting Islamic complex and mosque 560 feet from where the 9/11 terrorists crashed planes into the World Trade Center towers. New Yorkers and the American public are becoming aware that there are many Islamic groups like Rauf's who claim to be moderate, but are fronts for the Muslim Brotherhood. Imam Rauf is a radical extremist cleric who plays to the sensitivities and ignorance of those who live in the liberal/left media and academic bubble. They fall over each other praising him and attacking anyone who questions his motives.

Time Magazine online, in the space of two weeks, ran four articles characterizing anyone opposed to the mosque as being racist bigots.

As a Canadian, I can point with a sense of relief to an article in the Ottawa Citizen by Ms. Raheel Raza and Tarek Fatah of the Muslim Canadian Congress. The article "Mischief in Manhattan - We Muslims know the Ground Zero mosque is meant as a deliberate provocation" tells us what true moderate moslems sound like:

"Let's not forget that a mosque is an exclusive place of worship for Muslims and not an inviting community centre. Most Americans are wary of mosques due to the hard core rhetoric that is used in pulpits. And rightly so. As Muslims we are dismayed that our co-religionists have such little consideration for their fellow citizens and wish to rub salt in their wounds and pretend they are applying a balm to sooth the pain."

"As for those teary-eyed, bleeding-heart liberals such as New York mayor Michael Bloomberg and much of the media, who are blind to the Islamist agenda in North America, we understand their goodwill. Unfortunately for us, their stand is based on ignorance and guilt, and they will never in their lives have to face the tyranny of Islamism that targets, kills and maims Muslims worldwide, and is using liberalism itself to destroy liberal secular democratic societies from within." - Ottawa Citizen

Does Time Magazine rate authentic moderate muslims, like these Asian immigrants to Canada, as racist bigots also? What Raza and Fatah show us is that the Koran can be interpreted in a mild, nonpolitical way. The bad news is that the most powerful trend in Islam is the Muslim Brotherhood's political Islam, which controls every aspect of adherents' lives with Sharia Law. They aim to dominate the West and are active in ninety countries, where they promote a doctrine of both violent jihad and stealth jihad. Violent jihad is the terrorism we see throughout the world today. Stealth jihad is, in part, the manipulation of the press and the government in order to topple a target society or a nation from within.

Imam Rauf defends Wahhabism, calls for Sharia law in America, and the elimination of the state of Israel (one state final solution). He also has defended Bin Laden by claiming that America made him into the terrorist that he is. He apologizes for radical Islam and justifies acts of violence by blaming the United States and the West in general, and never blames terrorists for waging war against western countries. What he does is blame the U.S. for aggression against Islam. He couches a lot of his rhetoric in soft new-age speak, yet one of Rauf's partners in the Cordoba Initiative is Jamal Barzinji, one of the founders of the extremist Muslim Brotherhood in America. Barzinji founded Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Falls Church, Virginia, which incubated numerous terrorist plots, including the 9/11 attacks and the Fort Hood murders.

Rauf is seen by liberals today as something of an all-knowing, spellbinding spiritualist who even quotes John Lennon at times. When he speaks, the press and even some Christian clerics and rabbis go gaga and proclaim him as a great example of enlightened moderate Islam. He knows the gullible left, and spoon feeds them interfaith pablum talk which they lap up while ignoring all his other statements excusing terrorists.

The Wall Street Journal's Bret Stevens pointed out that the elite liberal media couldn't tell an ax murderer from a moderate muslim if their lives depended on it.

Imam Rauf originally named the proposed Islamic center/mosque Cordoba House. That name has historic significance for Islamists. It refers to Cordoba, Spain, which was occupied by muslim invaders for three centuries. After 800 hundred of years of war, Spanish armies forced the muslims out of Spain in 1492. While occupying Cordoba, the Islamic conquerers built an architectural wonder of a mosque over that city's main Catholic church. Muslims have vowed ever since their expulsion to retake Spain, claiming that it is their rightful Islamic land. Once muslim, forever muslim.

The greatest domed church ever built in Christendom, the Hagia Sofia in Constantinople, was converted into a mosque after the fall of that city to muslim forces in 1453. In India, countless Hindu temples were razed and their stones used by muslim invaders to build mosques which still dominate ancient Hindu holy sites today.

To be fair, one must acknowledge that this is exactly what Constantine the Great and later Roman emperors did, after considerable bloodletting, when they replaced pagan temples with Christian churches. The Spanish in the New World also built many churches on the sites of Mayan, Aztec and Inca temples. This is one aspect of supercessionism. Supercessionism has no place in the modern world, and should be seen for what it is: an ancient pretext for conquest that should be banished to the dustbin of history.

But modern Islamists don't see it that way. In 1999, in Nazareth there was an attempt to build a huge mosque directly beside the Church of the Annunciation. Muslims bought up adjacent land, and with Israel's approval, began building a mosque whose minarets would tower over the Catholic church. This caused an uproar from Christians worldwide and led Israel to rescind construction permission in 2002. In the Nazareth case most Islamic leaders were also against the project.

In 2008, the English people were shocked to learn that land had been purchased to build Europe's largest mosque adjacent to the 2012 Olympic Stadium in London. Public opposition against the proposed mosque was so great that planners "missed some deadlines" and finally "let the idea die."

This brings us to the Burlington Coat Factory, site of the proposed ground zero mega-mosque.

The Burlington Coat Factory was purchased by the Cordoba Initiative at a bargain price. Its value plummeted from 19 million to less than 5 million when it was rendered uninhabitable by the terrorist attacks of 9/11, 2001.

A huge chunk of airplane landing gear crashed through the roof and straight down through several of the upper floors of the building. The entire area was coated by a layer of DNA-laden dust and debris, which was several feet deep on some streets. In fact, Imam Rauf's book "What's Right with Islam is What's Right with America," was first released in Malaysia under the ghoulish title "A Call to Prayer from the World Trade Center Rubble."

Abd Al-Rahman Al-Rashed, the director-general of Al-Arabiya TV, wrote that the ground zero mosque will become "...a monument to those who committed the crime. I do not think that the majority of Muslims want to build a monument or a place of worship that tomorrow may become a source of pride for the terrorists and their Muslim followers." Washington Times

Rauf's building, even in ruins, is now an active mosque with 400 to 500 men attending worship services on Fridays. Imam Rauf will not say where the funding will come from and has refused to rule out Saudi or Iranian money. 80% of mosques in the U.S. are controlled by Wahhabis. The deeds are held by NAIT (The Islamic Association of Islamic Trusts) which is a Saudi funded Fannie Mae for mosque building.

That's the reality and it's those types of mosques that attract and produce terrorists. Two years ago this month the NYPD issued a report warning that Wahhabi mosques in America were incubators for "homegrown" Islamic radicals.
Stealth jihad behind ground zero mosque | Washington Times Communities

This article sums up everything I feel about this mosque. As I mentioned earlier, I am concerned about who is funding it. After all, it is well known Saudi Arabia - which is run by Wahhabism - is building mosques all over the world to promote their radical brand of Islam. (Notice, I said radical) There quite a lot of evidence that the Ground Zero mosque may be funded by the Saudis and therefore will preach radical Islam.

I have a question.

Those who keep bringing up the funding issue, also say why can't they just put it somewhere else?

If you're so concerned about the funding, why would location matter?

Would it seem OK to you for a mosque preach terrorism and intolerance not far from the spot that represents Islamic radicalism, terrorism and intolerance?

So you're saying I should be against all mosques?

Would it seem OK to you for a mosque preach terrorism and intolerance not far from the spot that represents Islamic radicalism, terrorism and intolerance?

First of all it was not Muslims, Wahhabis, Sharia Law followers, Afghans or Saudis that participated on 911
it was al-Qa'ida adherents

If they were proposing an al-Qa'ida Information and Learning Center, then all the emotional action against it would be warranted.

to treat followers of the different branches of Islam as being one and the same as members of al-Qa'ida is playing right into the hands of al-Qa'ida

and yes, you should be against any and all al-Qa'ida Information and Learning Centers at ground zero, two blocks away and two states away.
I would say anywhere on U S territory.

So, I should accept a mosque - its a mosque, not a community center - that would probably preach hate and terrorism not too far from the spot where Islamic terrorism reached its pinnacle?

And as for saying that I am against all mosques, that's wrong. There's 3 mosques where I live and none of them have any suspicion of being Wahhabist. So, I have nothing against those. As for the ones that are, there's nothing that can be done about their preaching because its freedom of speech and religion. Heck, you got churches preaching against homosexuals, but nothing can be done about it because of the First Amendment. Its unfortunate, but its that's the truth.

So, I should accept a mosque - its a mosque, not a community center - that would probably preach hate and terrorism not too far from the spot where Islamic terrorism reached its pinnacle?

Is it not a community centre, with a number of different functions, one of which will be a mosque?

More to the point, if this facility were to be built in Queens, for example, would you be "uneasy" about it given the fact that it is "well known" that Saudi Arabia funds many Wahhabist mosques around the world? I haven't read any complaints from you about these mosques prior to this current debate.

In real estate it's location, location, location. But in this case, why should location matter?

Back
Top Bottom