House Of Evil / Seed Of Peace - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #151
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPU2 View Post
But why do SO MANY good people fall for it??!!!!!!!!
This is the question I always ask. I guess the only possible answer would be fear of some kind, but really, what exactly are you afraid will happen? I just don't understand how someone can allow fear and ignorance to run their lives. And those who don't live anywhere near New York City, I really don't understand the issues they have with this. You don't live there, what the hell do you care?

Also, believe it or not, there are people who were personally affected by 9/11 who don't have an ax to grind with the Muslim community as a whole. Not everyone who experiences a horrific event up close and personal wants retaliation and revenge, so you can't exactly use that as a reason, either. Muslims lost loved ones that day, too, for crying out loud!

I guess my other question is, why are the Republicans so scared this'll lead to more terror attacks? I thought you guys were responsible for reducing the chances of that happening with your oh-so-brilliant legislation and wars and tactics. That's how you keep trumpeting yourselves, after all, so...are you inadvertently admitting your ideas may not have worked very well in our "war on terror"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPU2 View Post
I heard someone say the other day that it'll be OK to build a Mosque at Ground Zero when a church is built in Saudi Arabia. Really??? So Saudi Arabia is our standard for religious freedom and tolerance? I thought we were better than that. But maybe we're not.
We are, we just have to quit letting idiots monopolize the conversation and get their way. This is, ironically, why this center should be built-to foster tolerance and understanding and education. All those who are making a fuss over this are doing is proving why this building should exist in the first place.

(And aren't we already sort of friends with Saudi Arabia? You know, 'cause of the oil we get from them and everything? So, um, yeah. And isn't the fact that they won't build a church in their country but we'll allow a mosque in ours the reason why we're better than them, supposedly, why America's "#1!"?)

to the rest of what you said, too, by the way.

Angela

Old 08-20-2010, 07:39 PM   #152
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:15 PM
This center really needs to be built.

America is a religious country, with this new center many more Americans will have an opportunity to be exposed to Islam. Some will choose to embrace the faith. Islam is the fastest growing religion on the planet. When we have more American Muslims people will fear them less.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:54 PM   #153
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:15 PM
The more I read about this, the more I'm convinced it's all part of a grand trick to at some point try and entice all of Americas stupid people to the same place at the same time... and then what? They're all like moths to a flame over this, it just seems too easy. And now they know that. NOW THEY KNOW THAT. Hey, stupid people, you're time is coming.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #154
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:15 PM
Says it all, says it all

"A man walks through the crowd at the Ground Zero protest and is mistaken as a Muslim. The crowd turns on him and confronts him. The man in the blue hard hat calls him a coward and tries to fight him. The tall man who I think was one of the organizers tried to get between the two men. Later I caught up with the man who's name is Kenny. He is a Union carpenter who works at Ground Zero. We discussed what a scary moment that was for him. I told him that I hoped it did not ruin his day."

YouTube - Anti-muslim Rally at Ground Zero
Old 08-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #155
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Who exactly was the coward here?

I'm sick of these bigoted fuckers!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:06 PM   #156
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:15 PM
I know many of you may not believe me, but I am embarrassed by those anti-mosque protesters. I do not share their anti-Muslim beliefs, nor do I believe Obama is secretly a Muslim. They just did a great job making New Yorkers and Americans look bad
Old 08-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #157
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Honestly, I think they did a great job making this opposition look bad. This has to one of the dumbest debates in our nations history in a loooong time.

I'm still waiting on a strong reason as to why some oppose this, and I haven't heard one.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #158
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
I know many of you may not believe me, but I am embarrassed by those anti-mosque protesters. I do not share their anti-Muslim beliefs, nor do I believe Obama is secretly a Muslim. They just did a great job making New Yorkers and Americans look bad
I believe you. You've never given me any reason to believe otherwise, and I'm sorry I didn't say so earlier here.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:04 PM   #159
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Pearl this is not directed at you personally, but at all persons that have voiced concerns about this Muslim center
When W said " you are either with us or against us" he was full of crap.

A person could be against what W wanted to do and be against the terrorists too.

Not every thing can be broken down to an "either or" choice.

Most of you know I am not typically for any religious promotion, being that I am agnostic.

I do believe with this issue, a Muslim Center a couple of blocks from ground zero, that is zoned for facilities like that,

If you oppose it you are (perhaps unintentionally) with the terrorists.

By opposing this center you are furthering the goals and the agenda of BinLaden and his cohorts. You are validating all of their arguments.

And when I say you, I mean that in the general term, as in all those that oppose this.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #160
Blue Crack Addict

d p
Old 08-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #161
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Honestly, I think they did a great job making this opposition look bad. This has to one of the dumbest debates in our nations history in a loooong time.

I'm still waiting on a strong reason as to why some oppose this, and I haven't heard one.
you're acting like september 11 was nearly a decade ago. we need time to heal man!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:24 AM   #162
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
I do believe you . You have every right to be embarrassed by these morons, I'm embarrassed, too.

I'd love to think this video being shown nationwide (worldwide, even) would cause these people to be deeply ashamed of their actions, but somehow I doubt that'll happen .

Angela
Old 08-25-2010, 12:46 AM   #163
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie Shavers View Post
The more I read about this, the more I'm convinced it's all part of a grand trick to at some point try and entice all of Americas stupid people to the same place at the same time... and then what? They're all like moths to a flame over this, it just seems too easy. And now they know that. NOW THEY KNOW THAT. Hey, stupid people, you're time is coming.
Couldn't agree more. This whole "Mosque at Ground Zero" has seemed like it was purposely set up somehow. The "left" have bitten at the bait like hungry little fish and have angered and lent enough credence to the "right" to further inflame the "average" American. The whole thing stinks of manipulation.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:30 AM   #164
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Couldn't agree more. This whole "Mosque at Ground Zero" has seemed like it was purposely set up somehow. The "left" have bitten at the bait like hungry little fish and have angered and lent enough credence to the "right" to further inflame the "average" American. The whole thing stinks of manipulation.
Ha - well spun.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #165
Blue Crack Addict

Muslim Cab Driver STABBED In New York City, Michael Enright Arrested On Hate Crime Charge

A man has been arrested on charges he repeatedly stabbed a New York City cab driver after asking the driver if he was Muslim and the driver said yes.

Police arrested Michael Enright Tuesday night on charges including attempted murder as a hate crime. He was expected to appear in court in Manhattan on Wednesday.

Police say the 21-year-old suspect from suburban Brewster, N.Y., was drunk when he hailed the cab on Manhattan's East Side.

Police say he attacked the driver with a folding knife before jumping out a rear window.

An officer found Enright slumped on the sidewalk and arrested him. The driver was treated for multiple lacerations.

The incident comes amid intense controversy around plans to build an Islamic community center, known as Park51, in New York City's Financial District. It's not clear if the alleged attack on Monday was in any way motived by that controversy.

Both the taxi driver and the 21-year-old passenger were taken to a local hospital following the incident.