Heart Attack Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dfit00

War Child
Think of a fast food restaurant where:

- It is hospital-themed decorated restaurant, making it look like an emergency room and serves extremely unhealthy and greasy fast food meals.

- Waitresses are hot women dressed up as nurses who take customers' orders as "prescriptions".

- Obese people who weigh more than 350lbs (160kg) eat for free.

- Customers are treated as "patients" by being seated in wheelchairs and have the option to dress up with the garments that real patients would normally wear during their stay at a hospital or clinic.

- And where the menu items of such restaurant would look something like this:

heart_attack_grill_menu.jpg

Sounds too weird to be true, doesn't it? The fact of the matter is that such restaurant does exist.

I recently came across the website of this restaurant called Heart Attack Grill located in Las Vegas that has this sort of mind-twisting way of doing business. The irony is that they sell extremely unhealthy meals, burgers with to four patties of meat and over 8,000 calories, "butterfat" milkshakes, fries made with lard, no-filter cigarettes, and the list goes on and on, while totally making fun of obesity, unhealthy eating, and the negative impacts that can occur to human health in the long run.

Heart Attack Grill - Las Vegas

Heart Attack Grill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.yelp.com/biz/heart-attack-grill-las-vegas

http://www.yelp.com/biz/heart-attack-grill-chandler

The pictures speak for themselves pretty much:

heartattack-grill07.jpg

2_21_owner_heart_attack_grill_45.jpg

Bryson___Paris__Heart_Att-Heart_Attack_Grill-20000000001535417-500x375.jpg

SS_Crazy_Restaurant_Experiences_Heart_Attack_Grill.jpg

What do you think of a restaurant like this? Is it ethical or unethical to do business this way and completely laugh at the whole scenario in a free enterprise system?

since this is Vegas,
one would hope they could do something more special with their 'milk shakes' than adding buttermilk :down:

Saw this on the Travel Channel a few years ago.

Great, promote that kid to be a fatass in a wheel chair with diabetes while he's only 12. Good way to get the message across.

They should make that shit 18+.

This is very tame, even though it has that "Ha-ha, Americans are fat" spin.

If you want to read about real fucked up theme restaurants, just look towards Japan.

Saw this on the Travel Channel a few years ago.

Great, promote that kid to be a fatass in a wheel chair with diabetes while he's only 12. Good way to get the message across.

They should make that shit 18+.
An identical restaurant was opened in Delray Beach called Heart Stoppers. They recently changed the name to Extreme Eatery after a lawsuit battle where Heart Attack Grill sued a violation of patent rights.

The Burger Beast � Xtreme Eatery formerly known as Heart Stoppers Sports Grill – Delray Beach, Florida

The overall message is insane but it is indeed a creative and clever way to do business. People will go and eat whatever from there just because of the name, hype, and theme; not because of the actual food.

Yeah, kinda like Chee-Burger Chee-Burger and taking pictures after you ate a pounder burger...

The food sucks but it still sold pretty well in its glory days.

Do you have any evidence
to back up that statement?
I'm going to retire to my reading chair and
dig into a tall
glass of raw milk to celebrate having the freedom
to watch my fat fuck students
gorge themselves.

the iron horse said:
I like the freedom of a diner food to serve food and the freedom for people to
go there or not.

That had little to do with their attitude.

Just because you have the freedom to be stupid doesn't mean you have to celebrate it.

If it is promoting gluttony, it is a deadly sin. The conservative Christian types SHOULD be all over this.

I think this restaurant is in poor taste (no pun intended) :applaud:

i dunno, maybe it's a bit like the warning you get on cigarette packets "SMOKING KILLS"?? lol

Back
Top Bottom