Harriet Tubman New Face of the $20 - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-25-2016, 05:14 PM   #76
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,441
Local Time: 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
And how many years before the rolls again reverse? A century?
Who the hell knows... It would require a Republican break from the religious right.

I'd say our odds are better that we end up with a third or fourth party than of the two sides swinging back the other direction anytime this century.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:37 PM   #77
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 01:54 PM

alt text:
I get that there are security reasons for the schedule, but this is like the ONE problem we have where the right answer is both easy and straightforward. If we can't figure it out, maybe we should just give up and just replace all the portraits on the bills with that weird pyramid eye thing.
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:46 PM   #78
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
And how many years before the rolls again reverse? A century?

Younger generations will be more tolerant, so if the GOP stop using bigotry as part of their platform they have a real shot at attracting younger fiscally minded generations who want less government. If they don't learn from their latest debacle, they will just die a slow death and will never have a chance to reverse the roles.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:14 PM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,376
Local Time: 04:54 PM
Harriet Tubman New Face of the $20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Younger generations will be more tolerant, so if the GOP stop using bigotry as part of their platform they have a real shot at attracting younger fiscally minded generations who want less government. If they don't learn from their latest debacle, they will just die a slow death and will never have a chance to reverse the roles.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yeah but then a party split is imminent, and it just depends on which side the base is.

Which is arbitrary. Because I can only imagine the socially tolerant side will win, with growing populations of Latinos and blacks, and youthful progressivism on things like women's rights and gay rights etc.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:21 PM   #80
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,039
Local Time: 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Younger generations will be more tolerant, so if the GOP stop using bigotry as part of their platform they have a real shot at attracting younger fiscally minded generations who want less government. If they don't learn from their latest debacle, they will just die a slow death and will never have a chance to reverse the roles.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
But we thought this in 2012 and in 2008 as well. And now there has been an even bigger lurch to the right and there is a very real possibility Donald Fucking Trump will be president of the USA. The #NeverTrump crowd are that scared that Cruz and Kasich are now working together.

My point is I don't necessarily think that what you are saying is true. It's a very nice thought, and it would be amazing, but I think it's a bit of a pipe dream.
__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:27 PM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,376
Local Time: 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
But we thought this in 2012 and in 2008 as well. And now there has been an even bigger lurch to the right and there is a very real possibility Donald Fucking Trump will be president of the USA. The #NeverTrump crowd are that scared that Cruz and Kasich are now working together.



My point is I don't necessarily think that what you are saying is true. It's a very nice thought, and it would be amazing, but I think it's a bit of a pipe dream.

I think they're just the louder ones in the room. We've seen a "silent majority" before, and I'm willing to bet you're seeing it again.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:44 PM   #82
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
But we thought this in 2012 and in 2008 as well. And now there has been an even bigger lurch to the right and there is a very real possibility Donald Fucking Trump will be president of the USA. The #NeverTrump crowd are that scared that Cruz and Kasich are now working together.

My point is I don't necessarily think that what you are saying is true. It's a very nice thought, and it would be amazing, but I think it's a bit of a pipe dream.
You're thinking way too short term. 8 years is not the amount of time necessary to shift an entire paradigm.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:57 PM   #83
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
But we thought this in 2012 and in 2008 as well. And now there has been an even bigger lurch to the right and there is a very real possibility Donald Fucking Trump will be president of the USA. The #NeverTrump crowd are that scared that Cruz and Kasich are now working together.



My point is I don't necessarily think that what you are saying is true. It's a very nice thought, and it would be amazing, but I think it's a bit of a pipe dream.

Like I said, it's only if they learn. As I've been saying for awhile; so far they've been too stupid to learn from their mistakes.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:23 PM   #84
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,039
Local Time: 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
You're thinking way too short term. 8 years is not the amount of time necessary to shift an entire paradigm.
True. And it is comforting to me to see someone like Bernie Sanders get so popular, even if he is running out of steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Like I said, it's only if they learn. As I've been saying for awhile; so far they've been too stupid to learn from their mistakes.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
But I'm saying I don't think they need to learn and change. It would be nice, but I think there is still (clearly) huge support for bigotry, fearmongering, the tactics they've been using.
__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:57 PM   #85
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post







But I'm saying I don't think they need to learn and change. It would be nice, but I think there is still (clearly) huge support for bigotry, fearmongering, the tactics they've been using.

Except they're losing. Trump doesn't have the numbers for the general election. Trump and his supporters make a lot noise, but at the end of the day they're losing. And if you look at his demographic; they're dwindling.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:53 PM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 04:54 PM
I always wanted to see biopic of Jackson starring Al Pacino


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:12 PM   #87
War Child
 
Dfit00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 893
Local Time: 05:54 PM
It's gonna take several years until the Reserve starts printing these new U$20 bills with Tubman's face, don't get too hyped.

How long is it gonna take to get Obama's face in a bill now?
__________________
Dfit00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:13 PM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Because the Republican and Democratic parties of back then are completely analagous to the same parties of today.

I agree. It has been all been turned upside down.

From Libertarian - Christian - Facebook:


Modern liberalism shares no resemblance to its classical form. It is now a disciple of the state and an advocate for collectivism. I am not speaking of every individual who may accept the label of liberal but rather those who advocate its ideology. It stands in conflict with every major tenet of this country’s founding.

At its core, liberalism despises individual freedoms. These freedoms demand the responsible moral behavior of the individual. The only freedoms liberalism advocates are sexual freedoms because what they truly seek is freedom from moral consequences.

Capitalism provides the opportunity for individual ownership and independence and therefore is an enemy of liberalism. Masculinity and ownership of guns are a symbol of individual power and therefore is an enemy of liberalism. The Constitution and Bill or Rights are protectors of individual liberties and therefore are enemies of liberalism. Religion promotes moral right and wrong and therefore is an enemy of liberalism. Liberalism seeks to weaken the family structure because it is charged with producing moral individuals capable of governing themselves.

The goal is a collectivist society. The requirement for this is totalitarianism. None of the things they advocate can be accomplished through persuasion. They must be forced upon society through the power of the state. And the only way to get there is to destroy families, destroy morality, destroy religion, destroy capitalism and destroy people’s faith in freedom and their ability to protect and govern themselves. It is at the heart of every institution they control and every policy they advocate.

Proponents of liberalism are more persistent and committed than conservatives. Their politics is their religion and the state is their god. And they are willing to destroy you personally and this country to get what they want even if means ruling over the ruins.
__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:27 PM   #89
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I agree. It has been all been turned upside down.



From Libertarian - Christian - Facebook:





Modern liberalism shares no resemblance to its classical form. It is now a disciple of the state and an advocate for collectivism. I am not speaking of every individual who may accept the label of liberal but rather those who advocate its ideology. It stands in conflict with every major tenet of this country’s founding.



At its core, liberalism despises individual freedoms. These freedoms demand the responsible moral behavior of the individual. The only freedoms liberalism advocates are sexual freedoms because what they truly seek is freedom from moral consequences.



Capitalism provides the opportunity for individual ownership and independence and therefore is an enemy of liberalism. Masculinity and ownership of guns are a symbol of individual power and therefore is an enemy of liberalism. The Constitution and Bill or Rights are protectors of individual liberties and therefore are enemies of liberalism. Religion promotes moral right and wrong and therefore is an enemy of liberalism. Liberalism seeks to weaken the family structure because it is charged with producing moral individuals capable of governing themselves.



The goal is a collectivist society. The requirement for this is totalitarianism. None of the things they advocate can be accomplished through persuasion. They must be forced upon society through the power of the state. And the only way to get there is to destroy families, destroy morality, destroy religion, destroy capitalism and destroy people’s faith in freedom and their ability to protect and govern themselves. It is at the heart of every institution they control and every policy they advocate.



Proponents of liberalism are more persistent and committed than conservatives. Their politics is their religion and the state is their god. And they are willing to destroy you personally and this country to get what they want even if means ruling over the ruins.

It's a shame you couldn't have responded in your own words. It's a little bit ironic, don't you think?


And it's a bigger shame that it's such a self righteous piece of bullshit, that is neither libertarian or Christian. I could explain, but we all know you don't engage.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:46 PM   #90
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 03:54 PM
Harriet Tubman New Face of the $20

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
The only freedoms liberalism advocates are sexual freedoms because what they truly seek is freedom from moral consequences.

...



The Constitution and Bill or Rights are protectors of individual liberties and therefore are enemies of liberalism. Religion promotes moral right and wrong and therefore is an enemy of liberalism. Liberalism seeks to weaken the family structure because it is charged with producing moral individuals capable of governing themselves.

...



The goal is a collectivist society. The requirement for this is totalitarianism. None of the things they advocate can be accomplished through persuasion. They must be forced upon society through the power of the state. And the only way to get there is to destroy families, destroy morality, destroy religion, destroy capitalism and destroy people’s faith in freedom and their ability to protect and govern themselves.


Proponents of liberalism are more persistent and committed than conservatives. Their politics is their religion and the state is their god. And they are willing to destroy you personally and this country to get what they want even if means ruling over the ruins.



Thanks for the chuckle.
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com