HappyBirthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy B Day to Helen Thomas too, she's 89 today

0804obamathomas_329__1249411013_6442.jpg

That's really nice. :)

Far different from the Bush administration, who relegated her to the back of the room for *gasp* asking questions during press conferences.

Um, not really...

She herself has said her spot in the front row ended because she no longer was with a wire service. She was in the front row during press briefings, just not press conferences.

Her behavior towards the Bush administration didn't qualify that disgrace of a reporter for such a position, anyhow. When you say Bush is the worst president in history, that it would be a sad day if Cheney ran for president, question Petraues's leadership, imply that Bush planned the Iraq War since his first day in office, and state that the United States military is killing innocent people, I guess you might end up not being called upon once in a while. Tough.

Um, not really...

She herself has said her spot in the front row ended because she no longer was with a wire service. She was in the front row during press briefings, just not press conferences.

Her behavior towards the Bush administration didn't qualify that disgrace of a reporter for such a position, anyhow. When you say Bush is the worst president in history, that it would be a sad day if Cheney ran for president, question Petraues's leadership, imply that Bush planned the Iraq War since his first day in office, and state that the United States military is killing innocent people, I guess you might end up not being called upon once in a while. Tough.

Yes, and when she stopped working for the wire service, she went on to work as a syndicated columnist for one of the biggest newspaper companies in the world. She had been a respected journalist for longer than many in the Bush administration had been alive.

She also commented about the matter:

Though Thomas proudly sat in the front row of the press room for decades, she was moved to the back in 2003 by a Bush Administration that she frequently peppered with critical and challenging questions, and has been called on less and less frequently because, she speculates, “they didn’t like me … I ask too mean questions.”

CampusProgress.org | Five Minutes With: Helen Thomas

And whether you think so or not, those are all valid comments/questions.

That's really nice. :)

Far different from the Bush administration, who relegated her to the back of the room for *gasp* asking questions during press conferences.

Administrations come and go. Helen Thomas is still there.

I think she got the last laugh in that little episode. :)

You do realize freedom of the press allows journalists to ask questions that are a "disgrace" for "such a position"? Thomas had every right to question the Bush administration about the Iraq war, which was something the U.S. should never had gotten involved in. She probably should've kept her politics quiet, since journalists are not supposed to make their personal beliefs known. But either way, Thomas did her job as a journalist by asking those questions.

Freedom :up:

When you say Bush is the worst president in history, that it would be a sad day if Cheney ran for president, question Petraues's leadership, imply that Bush planned the Iraq War since his first day in office, and state that the United States military is killing innocent people, I guess you might end up not being called upon once in a while. Tough.

I call it TRUTH :up:

Happy Bday O. You are admired and respected all over the globe. Feel the warmth :D

Um, not really...

Some links that might interest you:

Visa to North Korea (DPRK)

http://www.turkmenistanembassy.org/turkmen/info/visaappl-2005.pdf

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom