Happy (belated) Father's Day... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Strong Badia
Posts: 3,429
Local Time: 05:03 AM
Happy (belated) Father's Day...

Not sure if this is the right thread, but a happy belated father's day to Interference dads.... (at least the American ones -- when does the UK celebrate?)
__________________

__________________
nathan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BonosSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,566
Local Time: 01:03 AM


Thanks, Dad.
__________________

__________________
BonosSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,984
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Happy Father's Day

Like the President said, kids don't need superheroes-they just need fathers who are there for them. Father's day just reminds me of the kind of father I always wanted but I don't have, but I'm happy for people who do. They're very fortunate.
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Happy Father's Day

Like the President said, kids don't need superheroes-they just need fathers who are there for them. Father's day just reminds me of the kind of father I always wanted but I don't have, but I'm happy for people who do. They're very fortunate.
My dad was pretty much a jerk as well and was not in my life for most of my childhood.

I'm glad to be able to break that cycle with my own son. I'm doing the stay-at-home dad thing this summer, and while it's a lot of work, I'm enjoying it!
__________________
maycocksean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 09:03 PM
No matter who our father was or how he treated us, I think we can all agree on one universal thank you,

you may have ran off
you may have skipped out
but when it mattered most
thanks for not pulling out
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:42 PM   #6
Refugee
 
Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: K-Mart Lingerie Section
Posts: 1,794
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Thanks for everything, Dad.
__________________
Moser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,984
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
My dad was pretty much a jerk as well and was not in my life for most of my childhood.

I'm glad to be able to break that cycle with my own son. I'm doing the stay-at-home dad thing this summer, and while it's a lot of work, I'm enjoying it!

Well I get the impression that you're a fine man in spite of that, and I'm sure you are and will continue to be a great Dad.

Happy Father's Day to you
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,269
Local Time: 11:03 PM
I'll ditto that sentiment .

Happy belated Father's Day. Also, to those who have a father, and a good one, appreciate them while you have them.

Angela
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
No matter who our father was or how he treated us, I think we can all agree on one universal thank you,

you may have ran off
you may have skipped out
but when it mattered most
thanks for not pulling out
__________________
maycocksean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Well I get the impression that you're a fine man in spite of that, and I'm sure you are and will continue to be a great Dad.

Happy Father's Day to you
Trying! Thanks.
__________________
maycocksean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
I have a lot of nieces and nephews
when their parents start bragging about them learning how to talk
I teach them to say
'thanks for not pulling out, dad."
__________________

__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com