Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:16 AM
nm

Old 07-04-2010, 04:32 AM   #17
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Well, I think the idea is that its the long term effects of the oil and dispersant, so chronic problems from the current disaster wouldn't be apparent yet. That said, I'm not defending the article. I'm trying to find some more information on it
No outbreaks of posion workers at any hospital on the Alert sheets.

Obvious, long exposure to oil, more so of gas funes obviously would cause issue, but even in large ammounts, unless they were swimming in and were breathing the fumes for a long periods of time, they might pass out. If the were "huffing: it, yes, that would be a problem.

The Interview with the guy doing the Birds " rescue" was with Shepard Smith about 6 days ago

He did say they do not need volunteers and did not want people to go down there and BP is paying for all over. Yes he has recieved the money and equipment etc that they needed, He also said that while he understands people want to help, and suggested to donate to your local chapters . You have to search the 7:00 pm Sjepard smith show. I cannot link it.

The guy has been there for like 35 years, so they have a great staff, and plenty of BP and LA money. Seemed like an awesome guy.

Procter and Gamble is one of the best corps in this country. They donate big tme, from animal shelters, tot the community.

Not one P&G employee, from a Janitor to a Vp retires without being a millionaire. They are very good to their people, and give the stock in addition to good wages and benfits. They have done wonder restoring neighborhoods and social services to Cincinnati .They and GE Aircraft have the model of school age kids mentoring programs

They are not milking this to sell dawn. It is the only thing that works, and helps the animals , but removing the oil. They have donated tons of it for free, for th areas that have been impacted. Big Evil corp I know

I also found a clip about the "100 mies from florida;s east cost. what the lady said was " if it comes within a 100 miles we will see it " Visually. Then she said "may see a few tarballs. These comments tick me off, as they dont know, and the mere suggested will turn us into Mississippi , Ala, which are being decimented. St Pete is dying just by the perception it MAY come there. The loop current by the florida west coast is way off shore. BTW, we see tar bars all the time. But they are few. They naturally occur also because there is ocen, put there naturally by mother earth. some oil is pessured up naturally

The thing about the loop current it that it archs off the weat coast, goes wide around the bottom( way offshore of the west side of the keys... away from the last coral reefs) ) and goes across the northern coast of cuba, and comes back at around palm beach. The good thing is that the gulfstream is a 1/4 mile off the coast, and it moves fast north this time of year. It wll move it away of the coast .

The good news is that they are ahead on the relief well drilling. They now think middle to the end of july.

other thing. 1,000 of local boats have been converted to skimmers. The Gov is not using one of them. Not a single one. Jindal has order the LA nattionl guard to start monitoring and conting on a daily basis how many skimmers are there. Someone is not telling the truth about the resurces being used, and it isn't bP. The government count was different in 4 different reports, last one cited by PJ crowley assist. Secretary of State.

How can the government not know how many are being used and depending what department in the Gov says, they are all different number.

Reminds me of Katrina

Old 07-04-2010, 04:36 AM   #18
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotalola View Post
have you looked at their site? The charitable arm of their company is called everyday wildlife champions. It existed well before this disaster happened.
If people bought their product they should know about activating the code to make it count.
Have you looked to see what the bird rescue groups are using ? Hmmm yes it's Dawn. Because it's what works and is safe on the animals. If you don't want to buy it don't. The other links I posted tell you how to volunteer and how to donate to a couple places to help rebuild habitats.
Why did you turn my thread into something negative? I wasn t promoting p&g, I was passing on information people may not have been aware of.
What are YOU doing to help?
I care very much about this-it's going to kill marine life from the Gulf, to around Florida , up to NC. This is devastating to birds, marine life, their habitats, and us. We're destroying this planet in leaps and bounds.
This post was to pass on places people can find information and donate to like Audubon. Not to start a discussion about P&g's motives.
Thanks to everyone else who posted or viewed. I'm glad some people care about this.
we all care down here. It is many peoples lives, in addition to the great strides FL has taken over the years to restore the Natural way of the land and water. The everglades is a great example of that. . 8 years ago the gulf was dead. It had over a 2,000 square mile "dead zone" it had fully recovered.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:16 PM
by EMILY FREDRIX AP Retail Writer
updated 7/1/2010 9:52:41 AM

NEW YORK — Pepsi is expanding its popular Refresh Project charitable program to help communities affected by the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

The soft drink and snack maker said Thursday it will give an additional $1.3 million in grants next month to projects that will help communities in the five-state region — Texas, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana and Alabama.

Since January, the Refresh Project has been giving $1.3 million for 32 grants each month. People submit ideas online for everything from literacy projects to programs that provide tuxedos for prom. Then online voters choose winning projects.

The company saw a need for relief in the area and wanted to use the Refresh Project to help, said Lauren Hobart, chief marketing officer of sparkling beverages for Pepsi Beverages America, the unit that runs Pepsi.

"It just seemed like a natural evolution of the program," she said, adding Pepsi expects to do similar efforts focusing on specific events or locations in the future.

People can start submitting ideas for projects July 12, for anything that helps people in the region. Pepsi said project ideas can't be related to cleanup efforts or the environment because other agencies are handling that. Possible projects could be providing job training or money for arts efforts in local communities.

"I think we're going to end up being surprised with what consumers come back with," Hobart said.

The Refresh Project has been a public-relations coup for Pepsi and has drawn a huge volume of suggested projects and online buzz.

The company has been surprised by the variety of projects — and the number — that people submit each month. The project has given more than $7 million through May this year and expects to spend a total of at least $20 million. So far, more than 31 million votes have been cast.

The company accepts only 1,000 new ideas each month — so they can vet each one, Hobart said. That limit is reached within minutes after a new cycle begins on the first of each month, which happened Thursday morning. People campaign for votes through Facebook, Twitter and in e-mail messages to get their projects approved.

The Refresh Project is Pepsi's major marketing effort this year. The brand sat out the Super Bowl this year — where it had been a major advertiser for years — to focus on the project.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Shameful

YouTube - Obama admin bans press from filming BP oil spill areas in the Gulf
Old 07-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #21
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 07-06-2010, 06:37 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Good for AC for speaking out

I love that Billy guy too, he's great
Old 07-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #23
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Indeed. Maybe if the American public actually were able to see what the oil spill is doing it might shift public opinion and create some momentum for a real change in our energy policy. Baffling move from the Obama administration.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #24
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Indeed. Maybe if the American public actually were able to see what the oil spill is doing it might shift public opinion and create some momentum for a real change in our energy policy. Baffling move from the Obama administration.
I've been baffled since day on how he has dealt with this from a PR perspective. If he had talked to the public and actually been transparent showed what he's done, and then showed the public that no one out there ever had a plan set forth for this he could actually help inform the public and help his reputation at the same time.

Baffled
Old 07-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I've been baffled since day on how he has dealt with this from a PR perspective. If he had talked to the public and actually been transparent showed what he's done, and then showed the public that no one out there ever had a plan set forth for this he could actually help inform the public and help his reputation at the same time.

Baffled
BVS your blind support of everything Obama does has grown tiresome. I don't see how you can. . .

Oh wait.

Oops.

Sorry.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #26
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 07-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

In all seriousness though. I can't see the rationale behind these new restrictions. Bad move on the Obama adminstration's part. I don't see anyone winning with this policy and that includes BP and the White House.

Tags
birds, bp, disaster, gulf, oil