Great Britain R.I.P. - 2 Boys Aged 10 & 11 Charged with Attempted Murder in Doncaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadForIt

Refugee
Great Britain R.I.P. - 2 Boys Aged 10 & 11 Charged with Attempted Murder in Doncaster

:sad::sad: I told you all

But you never listened

Britain is dead

BBC NEWS | England | South Yorkshire | Brothers charged with boys attack

"Two boys have been charged with attempted murder over an incident which left one child with serious head injuries and another with knife wounds.
The boys, aged 10 and 11, were arrested after another 11-year-old boy was found with head injuries in a ravine in Edlington, Doncaster, on Sunday.
His nine-year-old friend was found bleeding from knife wounds nearby and has undergone surgery.
The boys are also charged with robbery, the Crown Prosecution Service said. "

Both of those children were born in the immediate wake of OK Computer.

Coincidence? I think not.

What did you try and tell us?

This is a tragic story. But lets not kid ourselves and pretend it's the first time this has ever happened. This is not a sign of anything, except two very disturbed children.

Its happened before but kids in the UK are out of control

I do blame Thom Yorke

He wrote the song Knives Out, these kids must have had it on their stolen Ipods on repeat

Oh i was trying to tell you that gun & knife crime is a big problem in the UK
Soon we will be as bad as the usa

Teeball.jpg

Its happened before but kids in the UK are out of control

I do blame Thom Yorke

He wrote the song Knives Out, these kids must have had it on their stolen Ipods on repeat

Oh i was trying to tell you that gun & knife crime is a big problem in the UK
Soon we will be as bad as the usa

You're an absolute parody of yourself at this point, you know that?

see, you ban guns and people slice each other up. no win situation really.

although if i had a choice i think id rather be shot and killed rather than stabbed to death.

what it really boils down to is we are a vicious species. we've always killed eachother and probably always will kill eachother, with knives, guns, whatever. if you took away everything that someone could used as a weapon, we'd use our bare hands. makes me wonder if we will evolve beyond this behavior at some point in the future, if we make it that far.

just some nice, uplifting thoughts for you this morning :lol:

Sorry philly, i forgot you dont have a sense of humour

No, I have a fantastic sense of humor, but I cannot even tell what here's supposed to be serious and what isn't, because it's all completely and totally absurd, on an equal level. Honestly, you say it's going to be worse than the US, and seem to be serious, and then you say it's Thom Yorke's fault, and now claim you're kidding. But they're both equally absurd statements. I have no idea what to think at this point.

No, I have a fantastic sense of humor, but I cannot even tell what here's supposed to be serious and what isn't, because it's all completely and totally absurd, on an equal level. Honestly, you say it's going to be worse than the US, and seem to be serious, and then you say it's Thom Yorke's fault, and now claim you're kidding. But they're both equally absurd statements. I have no idea what to think at this point.

Ok on the serious note, yes we will be as BAD as the usa with your nutcases shooting people left, right and centre

on the not so serious note i was playing on YOUR comment on Thom Yorke being to blame

I admit it was a shit joke but come on, it wasnt that hard to figure out

Ok on the serious note, yes we will be as BAD as the usa with your nutcases shooting people left, right and centre

on the not so serious note i was playing on YOUR comment on Thom Yorke being to blame

I admit it was a shit joke but come on, it wasnt that hard to figure out

But when you make absurd statements like that first one, one cannot have a clue as to what is serious and what isn't. Because the first one sounds just as crazy.

what it really boils down to is we are a vicious species. we've always killed eachother and probably always will kill eachother, with knives, guns, whatever. if you took away everything that someone could used as a weapon, we'd use our bare hands. makes me wonder if we will evolve beyond this behavior at some point in the future, if we make it that far.

yes, so let's just arm everybody since that will just make the inevitable murder quicker, cleaner, and easier for all parties involved.

although if i had a choice i think id rather be shot and killed rather than stabbed to death.

Yes, but which one would you like to play your odds of getting out of the situation and surviving?

If I can get out of arms reach, my odds just increased 98% with a knife... can't say the same for a gun.

Yes, but which one would you like to play your odds of getting out of the situation and surviving?

If I can get out of arms reach, my odds just increased 98% with a knife... can't say the same for a gun.

well personally, if someone came at ME with a knife, 98% of the time i'd probably be able to defend myself and put them down. see if you can guess why? :lol:

true, you can survive a knife moreso than a gun. i guess my point was being killed with a knife is worse than a gun most of the time. that isnt a reason AGAINST gun control or anything, just pointing out that people will kill eachother with whatever they can get their hands on.

just pointing out that people will kill eachother with whatever they can get their hands on.

yes, but the gun certainly makes it easier.

i think there are perfectly acceptable reasons why people own guns and i do think it's fairly clear in the Constitution.

however, i think it's also clear that this "freedom" has resulted in the highest murder rate in the Western world because the wide availability of guns makes it so easy to murder someone. it's the proverbial Saturday Night Specials that worries me, and the fact that the mere presence of a gun in the home increases the likelihood of a murder in said home by a factor of, what ... 100? more?

there are responsible gun owners. i think it's better for kids to learn about gun safety. however, i think it's inarguable that those who won't have guns taken from their "cold, dead hands" also have blood on their hands. they are responsible for the shocking rates of murder in cities like DC, Philly, Detroit, and Baltimore. that's all one-on-one handgun murder. and the murder rate in those cities is absolutely due to the widespread availability of guns. not in DC you say? guns are illegal in DC? yes, they are, but pretty easy to get in VA and MD.

true, you can survive a knife moreso than a gun. i guess my point was being killed with a knife is worse than a gun most of the time. that isnt a reason AGAINST gun control or anything, just pointing out that people will kill eachother with whatever they can get their hands on.

Yes, and my point is that while these other things have other applications, a gun has one, and while the others I'd be willing to bet I can outrun, a gun I can't.

I think the "people kill with other things" argument is a weak one, and should be avoided...

look, my 2nd amendment rights say i should be able to have this:

YouTube - fastest gun, 36 barrels.

but in all seriousness, im not some crazy right-winger gun nut hiding in my basement hoarding ammo worrying about Obama taking my guns away. im all for it if they could come up with gun control that could keep them out of the hands of criminals and crackpots, while not totally restricting law-abiding citizens that use them for self-defense and sport. so what if it's a little bit more of a pain in the ass for me to get ammo or whatever, if it saves lives thats a pretty good tradeoff.

too bad i dont see it happening.

I disagree with that. It's easier to die from a knife wound than a gun. Knife wounds cause more damage to the body, and with internal bleeding and the risk of hitting a vein it's much easier to kill someone. A gun would require aim and precision with the shot, since it's frankly not that easy to make an instant kill unless you know where to aim for.

Ofcourse, this does not apply if some nut just keeps firing on people. But yeah, I hope you get the point.

I'm happy that this thread has given me the opportunity to mull over which I would most prefer, death by shooting, or death by a knife.

and theres no future
in englands dreaming!

:hug:

While this is a terrible story, and awful for everyone involved, I'm sure we could find examples of such for other countries.

Now can madforit please stop posting these awfully blinkered threads?

Capitalism's dead! Western Society's dead! Modern, materialistic living's dead!
etc, etc. One can always hope.

YEA but as i'm in the uk i ONLY care about the UK

If this was the states it would even make the news unless there is a minimum 45 people killed

That's because there's more people in the states.

Well, that's one difference, anyhow.

I only care about things that happen in Australia, which is fuckin' awesome since nothing that gets discussed here concerns Australia! Imagine my liberation from the cares of office!

Back
Top Bottom