Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:26 AM
Gov. Sanford Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
He should immigrate to the U S

the Republicans are looking for some new candidates.
Gov Sanford with his mysterious disappearance and whereabouts and trail hiking has just admitted he had a gf in Argentina

[ ** split from this thread. ~y. ** ]

Old 06-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:26 PM
^ Seriously? After all that? I'd automatically assumed he must have some psychological problems, because what else would a public official of his stature just up and disappear for days on end over.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

I figured it was an affair. I guess that's what they're calling it these days hiking on the Appalachian Trail

I guess he was just e-mailing/speaking to her for years before they "hooked up" for about a year now. The wife knew about the affair before he went there this time, supposedly.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I guess that's what they're calling it these days hiking on the Appalachian Trail.

If he was an 'ordinary guy' with an 'ordinary life' I'd have figured that likely too, but as it is, I guess this is just one of those Dude-what-the-hell-were-you-THINKING?? moments of incredulity for me. I mean, the guy was the president of the Republican Governors' Association, rising national star in the GOP, talked up as a 2012 Presidential candidate and all that--why would someone ambitious and disciplined enough to have made it that far suddenly do something as positively-begging-for-it-stupid as up and leaving the country for several days without telling either his staff or his family where he was going? If nothing else, how hard can it be to plan your 'exotic hiking trip' so that you've at least got a passable alibi and aren't pretty much guaranteed to return to heated speculations about your mysterious absence splashed all over the national papers?

Anyways, this would be a good time to be acquainted with some Southern humor blogs...

Old 06-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

I guess they just become so arrogant that they don't even think about the common sense questions. Maybe someone on his staff did know, and maybe he told his wife he was going there to break it off with the woman. I don't know, but it's like a soap opera.

Makes Silvio seem boring
Old 06-24-2009, 04:14 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:26 AM
easy mistake to make - very similar to hiking that Appalachian trail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolland View Post

If he was an 'ordinary guy' with an 'ordinary life' I'd have figured that likely too, but as it is, I guess this is just one of those Dude-what-the-hell-were-you-THINKING?? moments of incredulity for me.

he forgot about the part
where he went through customs

and boarded an international flight to Argentina.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:21 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Don't cry for me Argentina

What happens in Buenos Aires stays in Bueno Aires,

or maybe not?

Quote:
Mark Sanford Admits Extramarital Affair

Holly Bailey

In an emotional press conference this afternoon, South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford admitted that he had been cheating on his wife with a woman in Argentina, where he had been secretly vacationing the past six days. Sanford, who announced he was resigning his post as chairman of the Republican Governors Association, repeatedly apologized to his wife and kids and to his staff, whom he admitted misleading about his whereabouts. The governor’s aides told reporters yesterday that Sanford was hiking the Appalachian Trail, when in fact he was in Buenos Aires. “I’ve been unfaithful to my wife, and I developed a relationship with what started as a dear dear friend from Argentina,” Sanford said, tearfully.

The Gaggle : Mark Sanford Admits Extramarital Affair
Old 06-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:26 AM
Everyone is sleeping with everyone.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

wow, read this article

Sanford met in Atlanta after returning from South America - Local / Metro - The State

the guy just flat out lies, people have personal failings, that is understandable.

but this guy is not fit to serve in office, one can not go AWOL for days at a time.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Everyone is sleeping with everyone.
it seems to be more of a problem for GOP, family values, 2012 Presidential hopefuls.

Palin is looking pretty good. (in her slutty way)
Old 06-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
wow, read this article

Sanford met in Atlanta after returning from South America - Local / Metro - The State

the guy just flat out lies, people have personal failings, that is understandable.

but this guy is not fit to serve in office, one can not go AWOL for days at a time.
This guy makes me like Eyes Wide Shut even more.

South Carolina Gov. Sanford Admits Being 'Unfaithful' to His Wife, After Secret Argentina Trip - Political News - FOXNews.com

Quote:
Sanford explained that he had "developed a relationship with what started as a dear, dear friend" from Argentina. He said they first met eight years ago but the romantic relationship began more recently.

"It began very innocently as I suspect many of these things do ... Over this last year it developed into something much more than that," he said.
If this was recent he really didn't care much about his career.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
He wanted to "do something exotic"

And he did so on Father's Day weekend. Bonus points
Old 06-24-2009, 09:13 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

I can't believe the media is now printing his personal emails with this woman.

I mean, I can believe it - but I don't understand why it's anyone's business. He disappeared, we know why, it's awful for everyone, but why do we need to know the content of email exchanges between them?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #14
Forum Moderator

^ Hadn't heard about that until you mentioned it but, yeah, that's beyond the pale to me too. If I started into an article then discovered it contained chunks of his private e-love letters or whatever, I'd just stop reading.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

These supposed emails could be fakes

I doubt he will ever confirm or deny

they seem a bit too contrived to me

Quote:
. You have a particular grace and calm that I adore. You have a level of sophistication that so fitting with your beauty. I could digress and say that you have the ability to give magnificent gentle kisses, or that I love your tan lines or that I love the curve of your hips, the erotic beauty of you holding yourself (or two magnificent parts of yourself) in the faded glow of the night’s light - but hey, that would be going into sexual details ...

Three and finally, while all the things above are all too true - at the same time we are in a hopelessly - or as you put it impossible - or how about combine and simply say hopelessly impossible situation of love. How in the world this lightening strike snuck up on us I am still not quite sure. As I have said to you before I certainly had a special feeling about you from the first time we met, but these feelings were contained and I genuinely enjoyed our special friendship and the comparing of all too many personal notes ...

Lastly I also suspect I feel a little vulnerable because this is ground I have never certainly never covered before - so if you have pearls of wisdom on how we figure all this out please let me know... In the meantime please sleep soundly knowing that despite the best efforts of my head my heart cries out for you, your voice, your body, the touch of your lips, the touch of your finger tips and an even deeper connection to your soul.”