Gov. Sanford Scandal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
images

other than the fact that McGreevy is a Democrat, what does one have to do with the other?

the fag that cuts my hair is a friend, I am toleRANT

other than the fact that McGreevy is a Democrat, what does one have to do with the other?

McGreevy was an enigma

yes he was registered and ran as a Democrat

but his (behind the scenes) personal life was more typical of many Republican pols

Is "WARNING: HOMOPHOBIC HUMOR AHEAD" the new "I don't mean to be racist" ?

If you think gay is the new black, DOM the new Jim Crow, then yes. I would imagine so.

Now, do I get the benefit of:

WARNING: OLD WHITE CRACKER HUMOR AHEAD

WARNING: COUNTRY REDNECK HUMOR AHEAD

WARNING: ANTI-SCIENCE CHRISTIAN HUMOR AHEAD

Not that I need or expect them mind you as I can laugh at myself from time to time.

How about you? Heard any good Marxist jokes lately?

If you think gay is the new black, DOM the new Jim Crow, then yes. I would imagine so.

Now, do I get the benefit of:

WARNING: OLD WHITE CRACKER HUMOR AHEAD

WARNING: COUNTRY REDNECK HUMOR AHEAD

WARNING: ANTI-SCIENCE CHRISTIAN HUMOR AHEAD

Not that I need or expect them mind you as I can laugh at myself from time to time.

How about you? Heard any good Marxist jokes lately?

Man, I really wish we'd have more "old white cracker" humour around these parts, I sure do miss it...

The rest are ways of thinking, are you really comparing the two?

Noticed you dropped the "old white." Not that old white and cracker aren't redundant.

Were there age jokes? Sure. But age is something we all deal with, and some of us thought is was a valid point when discussing the leader of the U.S. :shrug:

Still doesn't justify your constant homophobic "jokes".

see, here's where things get sticky.

since i "know" INDY, i know the manner in which the joke was intended, and we have to give him points for being clever, and also for it rising above the usual "silly faggot, dicks are for chicks" humor.

however, if i didn't "know" INDY, and if the post had no context or history, then i think it's possible to find the post mildly offensive, since a (likely) straight man is calling a (confirmed) gay man a fruit, there's something uncomfortable about it due to a long history where (likely) straight men have bashed and killed (confirmed, usually) gay men. it's certainly not the equivalent of using a well-known slur like "faggot."

much more clever than macaca, anyway.

since i "know" INDY, i know the manner in which the joke was intended, and we have to give him points for being clever, and also for it rising above the usual "silly faggot, dicks are for chicks" humor.

however, if i didn't "know" INDY, and if the post had no context or history, then i think it's possible to find the post mildly offensive, since a (likely) straight man is calling a (confirmed) gay man a fruit, there's something uncomfortable about it due to a long history where (likely) straight men have bashed and killed (confirmed, usually) gay men. it's certainly not the equivalent of using a well-known slur like "faggot."

I understand this, but in a public forum where the jokes are usually aimed directly to you, i.e. "American fabulousism" "rubbing weiners" it just shows poor decorum.

I understand this, but in a public forum where the jokes are usually aimed directly to you, i.e. "American fabulousism" "rubbing weiners" it just shows poor decorum.

the "rubbing weiners" "joke" was, indeed, in very poor taste.

this one, not as much.

I really think this is over kill

this board attracts a broad range of posters from different communities, environments and backgrounds

unless something is overtly bigoted
why focus and harp on it.

I also find it odd that some want to keep a cumulative score card and bring that to the table to make a judgment about a single post or incident

Thanks, and if I was truly being offensive rather than cheeky I'd wish to know that. I happen to think that while stereotypical humor can be offensive and hurtful, it also acts as a kind of safety valve in a diverse society.

Which is why I find political correctness so repugnant.

the "rubbing weiners" "joke" was, indeed, in very poor taste.

this one, not as much.

Just to put in context, wieners come in male and female.

My point in that case being our immigration policy should be primarily about importing skills and talent that help the country (immigrants that will join the workforce not the dole as this guy had), not about facilitating hookups (straight or gay). Which is what I said. "Get a skill and then rub wieners with whomever you please."

As if this was anything new.
Whenever a Senator or Governor "dissappears". They can easily be traced to the homes
of their mistresses. Either on Capital hill somewhere. Sometimes a few miles from their own homes. Or probably on a quickie ge-away vacation to Paris or the Bahamas using tax-payers money to pay off the private jet, the beach house, rental limosine and expensive gifts to the ladies.

I say... :angry: hang him by the b______ until he confesses EVERYTHING !! and on Live public television!
Bring Oprah along for the interview, she´ll have a good time :applaud:

i found the "rubbing weiners" comment overtly bigoted. and said so.

:shrug:

and that was not said today or yesterday in this discussion

so bringing it in and putting it on the scale with 'fruit'

is a cumulative score card.

as you said you dealt with it back then.

If I wanted to challenge something someone said today, that is what I would do.

I really think this is over kill

this board attracts a broad range of posters from different communities, environments and backgrounds

unless something is overtly bigoted
why focus and harp on it.

I also find it odd that some want to keep a cumulative score card and bring that to the table to make a judgment about a single post or incident

qft
ftw
<>

but i keep a cumulative score card about how H-O-T daddy diamond is and how often i wish he'd sweep me off my feet and carry me off to his ski lodge in Utah and make a woman out of me. :flirt:

Back
Top Bottom