Gov. Sanford Scandal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just say we're perverts whose "relationship" is obviously based on lust rather than commitment to providing a stable and wholesome family environment. That's usually what we tell our kids when they ask about someone.

and i'll be sure to tell them that, well, maybe Mr. and Mrs. Yolland like each other and maybe care about one another and often spend time with one another, it's not at all the same as Irvine and Memphis, who truly love one another and have God's blessing.

Please don't be mad at us heteros but you need to understand that it's so terribly hard for us to get used to this new situation. Everything needs to be rewritten, redefined and rethought. And we can't feel as special as before.

You need to understand. Just look at it from our perspective. We are in a really painful situation here.

Please don't be mad at us heteros but you need to understand that it's so terribly hard for us to get used to this new situation. Everything needs to be rewritten, redefined and rethought. And we can't feel as special as before.

You need to understand. Just look at it from our perspective. We are in a really painful situation here.

if you'd stop being so goddamn political about it then we wouldn't treat it like it was such a big deal.

But it's putting our whole great Christian "tolerancism" into question. We can't be tolerant about something that we have to see and deal with. :(

So if we had more non-political negroes they would still be at the back of the bus because society is society...
Different story.

You're trying to equate self-made victims with racial minorities.

It's quite different - one group fought for racial equality, the other is fighting for another edition of the Newspeak Dictionary.

It's still true the conservatives still have no honest reasoning against gay marriage.
How is this red herring "honest reasoning?"

There are enormous differences between genders. There are no differences between races. That's why we have separate bathrooms for men and women.

I think most blacks would find your comparisons insulting, considering SEVEN OUT OF TEN voted for Prop. 8 in California. It's an insult to their history and to their values.

i guess you're right.

i should just accept my inferior status and get on with it. i should be thankful that no one is throwing me in jail or chopping off my testicles. the least i can offer in return for such tolerance is not tell anyone about my behavior.
Who you tell is nobody's business but your own.

It has nothing to do with the issue you raised.

Why is "faggot" a term of abuse? Why was homosexuality classified as a mental illness until the 1970s? Why is it rare-to-nonexistent in most parts of the US to see two men or two women holding hands or snuggling in public? Why do gay and lesbian young people commit suicide at two to three times the rate of their peers?

Because "politicized homosexuals" willed all this to be so?

Last edited:
Why is "faggot" a term of abuse?
I don't know, I don't use that word. Oddly enough, homosexuals call themselves "queers" and use a fair share of the same terminology that they want others to find offensive.

Why was homosexuality classified as a mental illness until the 1970s?
What other explanations are there? There's no proof of a "gay" gene.

It wasn't tossed out due to credible science, but political pressure.

Why is it rare-to-nonexistent in most parts of the US to see two men or two women holding hands or snuggling in public?
No problem there.

Why do gay and lesbian young people commit suicide at two to three times the rate of their peers?
Because it's a death style as well as a "lifestyle." It's not a fulfilling way to live.

No this is just your discusting, uninformed, bigoted opinion.
More buzzword bullshit.

Platitudes and buzzwords might work well for the Obama crowd. Apparently, substance doesn't.

So the majority is always right?
No, but you may want to take into consideration that not every group you try to equate civil rights with wants it to be so.

More buzzword bullshit.

Platitudes and buzzwords might work well for the Obama crowd. Apparently, substance doesn't.
Read what you actually wrote and tell me where the substance was... "Self made victim" are you serious? You are just flat out ignorant if you honestly believe that.

Ignorance may work for the tea bag crowd, apparently knowledge doesn't.

See it goes both ways.

No, but you may want to take into consideration that not every group you try to equate civil rights with wants it to be so.
Civil rights are civil rights, it doesn't matter if you're man, woman, black, white, gay or straight.

This is just flat out wrong and willful ignorance. Sad to see you haven't gotten more informed during your absence.
You can jump to any conclusion you want. It doesn't mean you have any idea what you're talking about. You, sir, are uninformed.

Flashback...

1970: Homosexual activists disrupt a conference in San Francisco by interrupting speakers and slandering psychiatrists.

1971: Homosexual activist Frank Kameny leads the Gay Liberation Front to demonstrate against another APA convention. Kameny grabbed the microphone and yelled, "Psychiatry is the enemy incarnate. Psychiatry has waged a relentless war of extermination against us. You may take this as a declaration of war against you."

1972: Homosexual activists set up a display booth called "Gay, Proud and Healthy." Kameny, a non-psychiatrist, is part of the panel at the convention.

Dr. Ronald Bayer: Homosexuality and American Psychiatry: The Politics of Diagnosis. (1981) Chapter 4.

* Bayer is actually a pro-homosexuality psychiatrist, for the record.

and yet you throw off hackneyed, straight-from-the-literature buzzwords like "deathstyle."

do you know any gay people?
I do.

I have a "gay" cousin-in-law who recently found out he has HIV.

I have a cousin who after many heterosexual relationships became a militant lesbian.

You can jump to any conclusion you want. It doesn't mean you have any idea what you're talking about. You, sir, are uninformed.

Flashback...

1970: Homosexual activists disrupt a conference in San Francisco by interrupting speakers and slandering psychiatrists.

1971: Homosexual activist Frank Kameny leads the Gay Liberation Front to demonstrate against another APA convention. Kameny grabbed the microphone and yelled, "Psychiatry is the enemy incarnate. Psychiatry has waged a relentless war of extermination against us. You may take this as a declaration of war against you."

1972: Homosexual activists set up a display booth called "Gay, Proud and Healthy." Kameny, a non-psychiatrist, is part of the panel at the convention.

Dr. Ronald Bayer: Homosexuality and American Psychiatry: The Politics of Diagnosis. (1981) Chapter 4.

Oh and this was the reason it was removed? :lol:

"Pro-homosexuality Psychiatrist"? What does that even mean?

i think we can say that when it comes to the history of the APA declassifying homosexuality as a mental disease, it's you who are uninformed. the above shows absolutely no understanding of history beyond a few dates tossed out, there's not even any analysis.

there are always going to be gay people, Mac. always have been, always will be. they are no more making a choice than you are making a choice to be straight.

the question to you is: what should society do with it's 5% that are homosexual?

you seem to think that it shouldn't be spoken of, that homosexuals should go back in the closet, and that they have no part to play in society or in their families insofar as they are homosexual.

and that's fine. you can think that. but most of us have moved on, know gay people, and realize that they're just as human as you are, that their lives and loves are just as complex and joyful and sad and human as yours are, and that the best thing, for everyone, is to find ways to incorporate a small but clear minority of people into the fabric of society.

somehow, silence and shame don't seem to be the answers.

I do.

I have a "gay" cousin-in-law who recently found out he has HIV.

I have a cousin who after many heterosexual relationships became a militant lesbian.

what if your cousin had cancer? would that be the fault of the "gay" as well?

i am sure your cousins appreciate your judgment and condemnation more than compassion and acceptance.

Flashback...

This post was taken almost directly from a website called jesus-is-savior.com. I'm sure they are agenda free...:|

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...removed+from+the+dsm&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Yes, you are SOOOOOOOO informed.

i think we can say that when it comes to the history of the APA declassifying homosexuality as a mental disease, it's you who are uninformed. the above shows absolutely no understanding of history beyond a few dates tossed out, there's not even any analysis.
Right, because activists have nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

Tell me where the "science" is that explains homosexuality to be anything but a behavior.

there are always going to be gay people, Mac. always have been, always will be. they are no more making a choice than you are making a choice to be straight.
When 90% of them have had sexual relationships with the opposite sex, there is choice involved.

the question to you is: what should society do with it's 5% that are homosexual?
Nothing.

No anti-sodomy laws, no special definitions.

This post was taken almost directly from a website called jesus-is-savior.com. I'm sure they are agenda free.
So your argument is that they have an agenda?

So do you.

So what.

I've offered arguments. You've offered nothing.

Right, because activists have nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

Tell me where the "science" is that explains homosexuality to be anything but a behavior.

the act of having sex is a behavior, just as much as the act of having heterosexual sex is a behavior, but same-sex attraction -- which is the heart of being gay, when you are physically and emotionally attracted to the same gender -- is absolutely involuntary.

i find that the complaint that theres no "gay gene" to be proof of anything is rather laughable.

why are people gay? no one knows for sure. there's a world of thought and discussion out there that ranges from biology to psychology, but the overriding thing that EVERYONE agrees with is that it is unchosen and involuntary. people are gay, as simple as that.

When 90% of them have had sexual relationships with the opposite sex, there is choice involved.

erm, setting aside the source of this statistic, is it at all possible that gay people -- growing up in a world that's heterosexist -- might try to be straight, they might try to have a relationship with an opposite-sex person, and then realize that it doesn't work?

because i've had heterosexual sex. over 10 years ago at this point. i'm as gay as they come. i never once thought about women in my sexual fantasies, but i tried it. and it didn't work.

where's the choice here?

No anti-sodomy laws, no special definitions.

what's a special definition? what's a special right?

really what you're saying is that you don't care. that you have no compassion. that you are allowed to talk about your wife and child but a homosexual should shut up about their partner our perhaps their children.

that's really, really awful.

So your argument is that they have an agenda?

So do you.

So what.

I've offered arguments. You've offered nothing.

What? You make no sense. You haven't offered shit. You are basically trying to say that this cheap website has more credibility than the APA. The website is a joke.

Homosexuality has been found in all kinds of species, do you think that was the doing of the gay agenda?

Back
Top Bottom