Gov. Sanford Scandal - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #106
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfistowannabe View Post
Because it's a death style as well as a "lifestyle." It's not a fulfilling way to live.


you know what's worse?

life in a closet of self-hate.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #107
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfistowannabe View Post
More buzzword bullshit.

Platitudes and buzzwords might work well for the Obama crowd. Apparently, substance doesn't.


and yet you throw off hackneyed, straight-from-the-literature buzzwords like "deathstyle."

do you know any gay people?
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #108
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
This is just flat out wrong and willful ignorance. Sad to see you haven't gotten more informed during your absence.
You can jump to any conclusion you want. It doesn't mean you have any idea what you're talking about. You, sir, are uninformed.

Flashback...

1970: Homosexual activists disrupt a conference in San Francisco by interrupting speakers and slandering psychiatrists.

1971: Homosexual activist Frank Kameny leads the Gay Liberation Front to demonstrate against another APA convention. Kameny grabbed the microphone and yelled, "Psychiatry is the enemy incarnate. Psychiatry has waged a relentless war of extermination against us. You may take this as a declaration of war against you."

1972: Homosexual activists set up a display booth called "Gay, Proud and Healthy." Kameny, a non-psychiatrist, is part of the panel at the convention.

Dr. Ronald Bayer: Homosexuality and American Psychiatry: The Politics of Diagnosis. (1981) Chapter 4.

* Bayer is actually a pro-homosexuality psychiatrist, for the record.
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:43 AM   #109
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
and yet you throw off hackneyed, straight-from-the-literature buzzwords like "deathstyle."

do you know any gay people?
I do.

I have a "gay" cousin-in-law who recently found out he has HIV.

I have a cousin who after many heterosexual relationships became a militant lesbian.
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #110
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfistowannabe View Post
You can jump to any conclusion you want. It doesn't mean you have any idea what you're talking about. You, sir, are uninformed.

Flashback...

1970: Homosexual activists disrupt a conference in San Francisco by interrupting speakers and slandering psychiatrists.

1971: Homosexual activist Frank Kameny leads the Gay Liberation Front to demonstrate against another APA convention. Kameny grabbed the microphone and yelled, "Psychiatry is the enemy incarnate. Psychiatry has waged a relentless war of extermination against us. You may take this as a declaration of war against you."

1972: Homosexual activists set up a display booth called "Gay, Proud and Healthy." Kameny, a non-psychiatrist, is part of the panel at the convention.

Dr. Ronald Bayer: Homosexuality and American Psychiatry: The Politics of Diagnosis. (1981) Chapter 4.

* Bayer is actually a pro-homosexuality psychiatrist, for the record.
Oh and this was the reason it was removed?

"Pro-homosexuality Psychiatrist"? What does that even mean?
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #111
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 10:15 PM
i think we can say that when it comes to the history of the APA declassifying homosexuality as a mental disease, it's you who are uninformed. the above shows absolutely no understanding of history beyond a few dates tossed out, there's not even any analysis.

there are always going to be gay people, Mac. always have been, always will be. they are no more making a choice than you are making a choice to be straight.

the question to you is: what should society do with it's 5% that are homosexual?

you seem to think that it shouldn't be spoken of, that homosexuals should go back in the closet, and that they have no part to play in society or in their families insofar as they are homosexual.

and that's fine. you can think that. but most of us have moved on, know gay people, and realize that they're just as human as you are, that their lives and loves are just as complex and joyful and sad and human as yours are, and that the best thing, for everyone, is to find ways to incorporate a small but clear minority of people into the fabric of society.

somehow, silence and shame don't seem to be the answers.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #112
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfistowannabe View Post
I do.

I have a "gay" cousin-in-law who recently found out he has HIV.

I have a cousin who after many heterosexual relationships became a militant lesbian.


what if your cousin had cancer? would that be the fault of the "gay" as well?

i am sure your cousins appreciate your judgment and condemnation more than compassion and acceptance.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #113
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
you know what's worse?

life in a closet of self-hate.
Porn addicts have a similar story.

It doesn't mean we should condone it when they act out their urges.
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #114
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfistowannabe View Post
You can jump to any conclusion you want. It doesn't mean you have any idea what you're talking about. You, sir, are uninformed.

Flashback...

1970: Homosexual activists disrupt a conference in San Francisco by interrupting speakers and slandering psychiatrists.

1971: Homosexual activist Frank Kameny leads the Gay Liberation Front to demonstrate against another APA convention. Kameny grabbed the microphone and yelled, "Psychiatry is the enemy incarnate. Psychiatry has waged a relentless war of extermination against us. You may take this as a declaration of war against you."

1972: Homosexual activists set up a display booth called "Gay, Proud and Healthy." Kameny, a non-psychiatrist, is part of the panel at the convention.

Dr. Ronald Bayer: Homosexuality and American Psychiatry: The Politics of Diagnosis. (1981) Chapter 4.

* Bayer is actually a pro-homosexuality psychiatrist, for the record.
This post was taken almost directly from a website called jesus-is-savior.com. I'm sure they are agenda free...

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Yes, you are SOOOOOOOO informed.
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #115
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfistowannabe View Post
Porn addicts have a similar story.
No, they don't...
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:54 AM   #116
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i think we can say that when it comes to the history of the APA declassifying homosexuality as a mental disease, it's you who are uninformed. the above shows absolutely no understanding of history beyond a few dates tossed out, there's not even any analysis.
Right, because activists have nothing to do with it.

Tell me where the "science" is that explains homosexuality to be anything but a behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
there are always going to be gay people, Mac. always have been, always will be. they are no more making a choice than you are making a choice to be straight.
When 90% of them have had sexual relationships with the opposite sex, there is choice involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
the question to you is: what should society do with it's 5% that are homosexual?
Nothing.

No anti-sodomy laws, no special definitions.
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #117
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
This post was taken almost directly from a website called jesus-is-savior.com. I'm sure they are agenda free.
So your argument is that they have an agenda?

So do you.

So what.

I've offered arguments. You've offered nothing.
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #118
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfistowannabe View Post
When 90% of them have had sexual relationships with the opposite sex, there is choice involved.
Are you just making up numbers now?

Maybe you should stick to topics you know something about...
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #119
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfistowannabe View Post
Right, because activists have nothing to do with it.

Tell me where the "science" is that explains homosexuality to be anything but a behavior.

the act of having sex is a behavior, just as much as the act of having heterosexual sex is a behavior, but same-sex attraction -- which is the heart of being gay, when you are physically and emotionally attracted to the same gender -- is absolutely involuntary.

i find that the complaint that theres no "gay gene" to be proof of anything is rather laughable.

why are people gay? no one knows for sure. there's a world of thought and discussion out there that ranges from biology to psychology, but the overriding thing that EVERYONE agrees with is that it is unchosen and involuntary. people are gay, as simple as that.






Quote:
When 90% of them have had sexual relationships with the opposite sex, there is choice involved.

erm, setting aside the source of this statistic, is it at all possible that gay people -- growing up in a world that's heterosexist -- might try to be straight, they might try to have a relationship with an opposite-sex person, and then realize that it doesn't work?

because i've had heterosexual sex. over 10 years ago at this point. i'm as gay as they come. i never once thought about women in my sexual fantasies, but i tried it. and it didn't work.

where's the choice here?



Quote:
No anti-sodomy laws, no special definitions.

what's a special definition? what's a special right?

really what you're saying is that you don't care. that you have no compassion. that you are allowed to talk about your wife and child but a homosexual should shut up about their partner our perhaps their children.

that's really, really awful.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #120
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfistowannabe View Post
So your argument is that they have an agenda?

So do you.

So what.

I've offered arguments. You've offered nothing.

What? You make no sense. You haven't offered shit. You are basically trying to say that this cheap website has more credibility than the APA. The website is a joke.

Homosexuality has been found in all kinds of species, do you think that was the doing of the gay agenda?
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
John Edwards Love Child Scandal U2Girl1978 Free Your Mind 216 06-01-2012 02:12 AM
Gov. Mitt Romney's Supposed "Record" in MA... melon Free Your Mind Archive 16 12-17-2005 04:51 PM
Scandal for the Virginia GOP U2democrat Free Your Mind Archive 0 08-13-2005 11:42 AM
Photos from the Unity Rally (Gov. Warner!) U2democrat Free Your Mind Archive 0 06-18-2005 05:44 PM
Bush's Sex Scandal blueyedpoet Free Your Mind Archive 36 02-19-2005 07:21 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com