Gov. Sanford Scandal - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #61
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:14 PM
how can you talk in public about having found your soulmate who's not your spouse?? that's just disrespectful and cruel.

maybe i'm naive to think that this is a black & white thing. you're married. if you want to get it on with someone else, then divorce your spouse first. if you can go through with it, then that means you're doing the right thing. sure, you'll end up hurting your ex, but at least you're taking responsibility for it.

what's with all these politicians who can't keep it in their pants?

Old 07-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:14 PM
Quote:
S.C. Dems say GOP vote gives Sanford cover

The Associated Press

South Carolina Democratic leaders are criticizing a state GOP vote to publicly reprimand Gov. Mark Sanford, rather than ask him to resign, as a meaningless move that provides him cover to stay in office.

The state Republican Party's executive committee voted late Monday to censure Sanford for failing to be a good Republican and for breaking the public's trust. The censure's wording did not specify how Sanford fell "below the standards expected of Republican elected officials."

The vote came nearly two weeks after Sanford returned from a mysterious disappearance and admitted he had been in Argentina with his mistress. Sanford says he will not resign.

GOP officials say the vote ended the matter, and they're moving on - a declaration Democratic leaders found amusing.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #63
The Fly

Local Time: 05:14 PM
I find it amusing that the Democratic leaders found it amusing.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:04 PM   #64
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo13 View Post
I find it amusing that the Democratic leaders found it amusing.

i find it amusing that Republicans get really, really worked up about sex and want to legislate it, and they're the one's writing telenovelas about themselves and cruising for blowjobs in airport bathrooms.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #65
Refugee

dont you all know politicians are most all hypocrites, they preach about one and seem to always do another........unfortunately.......and then get caught
Old 07-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #66
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskitkat View Post
dont you all know politicians are most all hypocrites, they preach about one and seem to always do another........unfortunately.......and then get caught

i also think that politicians are human, and humans with a great deal of power and sense of entitlement.

i think lots of people meet someone other than their spouse and go through what Sanford went through. i think lots of people have silly dalliances with people half their age like Clinton. i think lots of deeply closeted men cruise in unhealthy places like airport bathrooms.

i have several ounces of compassion for all these people.

what i don't have compassion for are those who moralize from the floor of Congress, those who think that there is only one "normal" way for human relationships to occur and that any deviation from the standard should be punished.

life is messy. love is messy. sex is messy.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Sanford should have resigned, but won't.

His love affair is a proven distraction from his job. He did this while he was on the clock. He lied about where he was going. What if a natural disaster struck? I don't call that leadership.

I'm just relieved he has no chance in the 2012 presidential race. He was boring and inarticulate.

Luckily, he is ineligible to run again for Governor in 2010, when his term is finished.

After seeing this man continue to sob over this Maria character at his press conferences, it's truthfully sickening. My only hope for him is that he invites his real family back into his life.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

I don't think his sobbing is what's sickening-it's what Irvine referred to that's sickening.. his moralizing on the relationships of others while he lives the way he wants to live. Physician heal thyself.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #69
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I don't think his sobbing is what's sickening-it's what Irvine referred to that's sickening.. his moralizing on the relationships of others while he lives the way he wants to live. Physician heal thyself.
No argument with Irvine's main point. He should live up to the standards that define his worldview. "The way he wants to live" contradicts that worldview.

But what's sickening the most is that he neglected responsibility and potentially put the people of South Carolina at a greater risk by doing so.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #70
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfistowannabe View Post
No argument with Irvine's main point. He should live up to the standards that define his worldview. "The way he wants to live" contradicts that worldview.

But what's sickening the most is that he neglected responsibility and potentially put the people of South Carolina at a greater risk by doing so.

agreed about the neglecting of responsibility.

however, when it comes to "standards that define his worldview," that's totally fine for Mr. Sanford. he can and do what he wants and live how he thinks he should, and if he falls short of that, then it's up to him how he wants to pick up the pieces and proceed with his life.

i just have a problem with legislating a specific set of morals, and under that falls issues like abstinence-only education, same-sex marriage, etc.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #71
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i just have a problem with legislating a specific set of morals, and under that falls issues like abstinence-only education, same-sex marriage, etc.
I respect that argument, but I don't agree with it in absolutes.

It is asking society to redefine their social order by imposing new definitions to appease those who practice certain sexual behaviors, and want it known beyond closed doors.

The same argument could be made about taxing carbon emissions (or any use of energy, for that matter), seizing firearms, regulating what can be said behind the pulpit, or spanking children for bad behavior.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #72
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
It is asking society to redefine their social order by imposing new definitions to appease those who practice certain sexual behaviors, and want it known beyond closed doors.
Are you talking about gay marriage? I'm confused..I hope
Old 07-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #73
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:14 PM
Yes, let's please not take this thread that direction...
Old 07-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #74
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

MrsS, the answer is yes.

I did want to stay on topic, though.

Not every thread has to be a gay marriage thread.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:53 PM   #75
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
MrsS, the answer is yes.

I did want to stay on topic, though.

Not every thread has to be a gay marriage thread.
Yes but I think if you post something like that you have to think that someone might question it. And that you are possibly taking it in that direction by posting it. That is not what they are seeking to do by wanting to be married (it's about love and commitment, not "sexual behaviors") , and that's all I'll say about that

We were talking about the double standard that this man lived by. It's ridiculous to disparage faithful and committed relationships and marriages of gay people while you are behaving like that in your own straight marriage. And hypocritical.