Gordon Brown is toast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone who thionks That horrid object was great needs their head examined is all i can say! :applaud:

What's this got to do with the BNP?

BBC NEWS | UK | Brown wants 'old-fashioned' banks
Gordon Brown is demanding a new age of sobriety in British banking, calling for the return of "prudent", old-fashioned high street banks.

We need Leaders in government, not Firefighters.

People with such right wing views are often fans, I was just wondering whether madforit was. Thankfully not.

I honestly don't know what people expect with Gordon Brown - miracles? It's certainly a case of 'can't do anything right' at the moment, when he is doing something everyone complains it's wrong... and when he's not doing something, everyone complains that he should be.
Between a rock and a hard place me thinks.
I agreed with everything he said in that Observer article :shrug:

i did all 4 A Levels for 2 years
I was thinking of dropping one but then just carried on

i worked hard in AS year then chilled in A2 year
then chilled at uni
and i'm still chilling now!

I'm from Wolves

Cool, have ventured many a memorable night into Wolverhampton for gigs and such.

That must have been ridiculously hard work, despite what you say!

:giggle: brag away, since i could tell you about quite a few people i've seen/met myself! :D

Good to know Lindsay was so nice&that's not uncool to get her to sign your programme! :up:

Brag away yourself :D Anyone special?! Please, don't tell me Margaret Thatcher :lol:

Right-wingers being naturally associated with BNP support is like someone criticising Asians or Gay being branded Racists or Homophobes. I find the like a tad insultive.:angry:

Moving on though...

I do agree with the article also, and neither do 'I' blame Brown entirely for the state of our economy. Very few people on this planet predicted just how quickly or painful this downturn (kicked off by Bear Stearns imo) would be.

But all leaders should have the foresight not to put our economy out to sea in a rubber dinghy. In fact this is just common sense. Leaders and great leaders should do much more than that.

The UK economy has floated across the flat ocean without a responsible captain since the early 1990s. These flat seas were always going to end, but even just a bit of a wind would cause the UK dinghy to sink. Just because the storm is much stronger than anyone anticipated doesn't mean he can't escape the guilty charge of being ill-prepared. Steering clear of this depth of recession was a much easier job than steering us out of it.

You just shouldn't get a second chance at this job after making so many errors of judgement.

Yes of course, and of course people who lean left like Stalin and the Khmer Rouge.

I said 'with such' right wing views... on immigration, taxes, nationalism, etc. To the extreme which madforit was taking them yes, it's conceivable that they might be a BNP supporter.

Back
Top Bottom