'Gone Old Party'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should also avoid picking up babes on craigslist.

xlarge_chrislee_frontimage.jpg

Gawker — Today's gossip is tomorrow's news

Rep. Christopher Lee is a married Republican congressman serving the 26th District of New York. But when he trolls Craigslist's "Women Seeking Men" forum, he's Christopher Lee, "divorced" "lobbyist" and "fit fun classy guy."

he does look classy.

(or I guess she did not want any congressional pork, after all)

Kinda glad I don't live in South Dakota anymore...

Bill that could make killing abortion doctors justifiable deferred | The Argus Leader | argusleader.com

Sensational headline, to be sure, but still, this is a pretty sketchy area, especially in a state that already has quite a few restrictions in place (or being considered to be put in place) in regards to issues related to abortion.

Bill would require all S.D. citizens to buy a gun | The Argus Leader | argusleader.com

I love how they decide to use THIS issue to try and "prove a point" about the health care mandate.

Anywho, so there's the latest Republican goings-ons. Still waiting to hear more about this wonderful job creation they all talked about, though.

Angela

Public Policy Polling, Feb. 15
PPP surveyed 400 Republican primary voters nationwide from February 11th to 13th. The survey’s margin of error is +/-4.9%.

For the second month in a row, Mike Huckabee heads the national field of Republican presidential candidates, but his lead has shrunk considerably as Mitt Romney has gained. Last month, Huckabee had a 24-14 advantage over Romney and Sarah Palin, but now he has declined to 20% over Romney’s 17%, Palin’s 15%, and Newt Gingrich’s 12%. As usual, four other candidates earn single-digit support, and the “second-place candidate” is the 18% who are undecided or favor someone unnamed. With no one having officially declared his candidacy, this race is anybody’s ballgame.

A 51% majority of national GOP primary voters erroneously think President Obama was not born in the U.S. 28% know that he was. With the latter, Palin’s favorability rating is 41-52—other than Ron Paul, the only candidate these voters view negatively. But with birthers, she has a soaring 83-12, far higher than for any of the others. Luckily for Huckabee, he does well with both groups, leading Palin 24-19 with birthers and trailing Romney only 17-19 with non-birthers.

When asked whether the top four are more suited to be President or Vice President, Romney gets the best marks, 50-24, followed by Huckabee’s 44-28. The numbers for Palin are flipped, with 29% saying she is more qualified for the Oval Office and 46% thinking her slated for #2. Overwhelming majorities of all the other candidates’ supporters think Palin best for the veep slot, while everyone, even Palin’s supporters, think Romney fit for the top of the ticket.

Two prospective candidates who made waves with activists at this past weekend’s CPAC were Paul and Donald Trump. But neither man is well liked by the overall base. Paul is viewed negatively, 30-37, and Trump’s numbers with Republicans look like Palin’s with the general electorate, 29-56. By contrast, the other candidates are seen favorably by 55-65% of GOP partisans.

There's a longstanding doomsday argument to the effect that there's a terminal contradiction in the US between a national identity based solely on shared loyalty to a particular mode of government, and a political culture characterized by a deep-seated distrust of all government.

Bill that could make killing abortion doctors justifiable deferred | The Argus Leader | argusleader.com

Sensational headline, to be sure, but still, this is a pretty sketchy area, especially in a state that already has quite a few restrictions in place (or being considered to be put in place) in regards to issues related to abortion.
omfg. i look at it this way: shooting an abortion doctor as he walks in/out of the clinic where he works should be punished the same way you could shoot the receptionist who works somewhere else. bombing an abortion clinic should be punished the same way you would be for bombing a convenience store.

Bill would require all S.D. citizens to buy a gun | The Argus Leader | argusleader.com

I love how they decide to use THIS issue to try and "prove a point" about the health care mandate.
i know, if they really wanted to just prove a point, why not one of those silly laws you hear about? something like all sd citizens have to wear green pants or something.

A 51% majority of national GOP primary voters erroneously think President Obama was not born in the U.S. 28% know that he was.

*Drops head on desk, cries*
i think what's worse is the 28% figure. i just don't understand how this keeps becoming an issue. the man was born in HAWAII. it's a freaking state! it's not even like he was born there before it became a state and maybe people are too dumb/whatever to know a territory is still part of the u.s. (i was behind someone in line once at the dmv who presented a puerto rican birth certificate as proof of citizenship and they asked if she had a passport.)

Anywho, so there's the latest Republican goings-ons. Still waiting to hear more about this wonderful job creation they all talked about, though.

Angela

South Dakota banned abortions in the state several years ago, didn't they. I thought the only people performing abortions in the state were on some Indian reservations.

This law is so f-ed up. Way to legislate yourselves to the old Wild West days.

Well, if any progressive needed further reason to avoid traveling in SD, how about because I give to Planned Parenthood of MN/SD. I suppose I could be shot for endangering fetuses.

Speaking of the GOP...

Since taking control of both houses of the legislature in Minnesota, the GOP has put forward a number of bills:

Ending the ban on building new nuclear power plants.
Selective repeal of the statewide indoor smoking ban.
Repeal of the State's gun permit law.
Proposal for photo ID in order to vote.

Nice agenda. And the job creation stuff is where?

Fox News uses CPAC footage from 2010 where Ron Paul was heavily booed, to set up a post-CPAC 2011 interview with Ron Paul after he was cheered :lol:

Fair and balanced. It's like no one gives a shit over there.

Too bad, I kinda like Ron Paul. I guess Fox News is still taking their memos from the RNC to make sure they balance out the MSM.

YouTube - Busted:Fox News CPAC Ron Paul Video Deception

politico.com

In the March issue of Esquire, comedian Chris Rock takes a swing at the tea party.

Rock is interviewed by writer Scott Raab.

"Like many nice Caucasians, I cried the night Barack Obama was elected," said Raab. "It was one of the high points in American history. And all that’s happened since the election is just a sh—storm of hatred. You want to weigh in on that?"

"I actually like it, in the sense that—you got kids?" asked Rock. "Kids always act up the most before they go to sleep. And when I see the Tea Party and all this stuff, it actually feels like racism’s almost over. Because this is the last—this is the act up before the sleep. They’re going crazy. They’re insane. You want to get rid of them—and the next thing you know, they’re f—-ing knocked out. And that’s what’s going on in the country right now."

The issue hits newsstands on Feb. 22.

Oh Fox, you lying bastards... how do you think it makes ironhorse feel? Poor guy's been defending you tirelessly and now you use your manipulations to bash his favorite canidate? For shame.

Back
Top Bottom