Goldman exec named first COO of SEC enforcement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Matt Taibbi addressed this in his blog: Matt Taibbi - Taibblog – There’s always room for Goldman Sachs (at the SEC) - True/Slant

I don't know why enough people don't care about the Goldmanization of political and corporate America :|

Most people don't seem to have the time or interest.

Alternatively, they're just stupid, lazy, sheeple:

Ilargi: Why does Goldman Sachs make a last minute less-than-rosy prediction about Thursday's GDP numbers? Could it be that they are acting as the voice of the government they own? A voice to counter the 3.2% growth prediction doing the rounds among "experts" [duh!] with a lower 2.7%, so at least the people that count can't say they weren't warned?

Also warned are all the banks missing from Tim Geithner's Christmas card list, who will soon, under proposed new regulation, be at Timmy and Larry Summers' every beck and call. Watch out guys and dolls, they have their eyes on your valuables. They came prepared.

It's not entirely clear to me why the Brits are suddenly so determined to break their too-big-to-fail banks into pieces - the little man inside says it's the EU that makes them do it, and the EU only- but it's certainly a wise move, even if it's too late to stave off all out economic disaster. If you go down anyway, why do it telling blatant lies till the bitter end and cheating every grandma you can put your sweaty palms on, including your own, out of every penny they own? Have these folks no pride?

In Washington, they certainly don't. The Financial Services Oversight Council, which in the future is set to prevent financial firms from becoming too big to fail, will be made up of the same regulators who in the past decade have made sure that those financials DID become too big to fail. Why not put Goldman directly in charge and do away with the tiresome pretense? The direction is obvious: more and more centralized rule. Eat your heart out, Benito.

So tell me, how ridiculous does it have to get? The mortgage and building lobby manages to get its homebuyer tax credit extension through, despite fierce resistance, by having a bunch off their Capitol Hill lackeys bundle it with that other extension, the one for unemployment benefits for people who’ve been out of a job for over year, and are by now deeply miserable. They're really a group of fellow citizens over whose backs you want to get your pet projects financed, ain't they? That's the sort of deal that makes one sleep well at night.

Tell me, did you guys actually vote for these talking lobotomies? They’re selling you out every chance they get when you're not looking. They've voted to burden you with $23.7 trillion in debt, and yes, you will have to pay that back, and that's just in the past year and a half. Before that, they established the too big to fail banks, a bunch of "wars" that kill scores of your kids, and land, water and air that will do in many of those the wars do not.

They’ve made sure tens of millions among you live in homes you're either already not able to afford or won’t be in the near future. They’ve watched over the demise of the manufacturing base your own parents and grandparents fought hard to establish, they’ve made health care unaffordable for a fast growing number among you, and did the same with the education system your children's futures should have been built on.

And you voted for these tricksters? Look at yourself, and then look at them, look at what they’re doing to you. Don't listen to them, look at them.

When are you thinking of starting to think straight? When you’re too sick and cold and hungry to think straight anymore? To even care? Do you still care at all right now? If not for yourselves, maybe for your children? If you ask me, you deserve a Halloween way beyond your wildest nightmares.

http://theautomaticearth.blogspot.com/2009/10/october-29-2009-halloween-beyond-your.html

I don't know why enough people don't care about the Goldmanization of political and corporate America :|

Why start and stop with Goldman Sachs? The U.S. is rapidly departing from its theoretically meritocratic origins (although one can certainly argue that it was more philosophy than practice) to an overtly elitist plutarchy. The great success of the U.S. has always been the prospect of upward mobility through hard work and dedication, in contrast to old imperialist oligarchies; but, frankly, I'm increasingly seeing the American Dream collapsing, and that doesn't bode well for the rest of the world, much of which has long been plagued by a latent, but corrupt relationship between non-responsive governments and elite interests.

Back
Top Bottom