Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:49 AM
Go Scott Brown!

I would like to thank Mr. Brown for making this race interesting. I do not think you are going to win. I do not htink it is as close as they say, but I want to thank you!

And Martha - Stop beating up reporters with your political hack thugs!

Old 01-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

As a libertarian, I can say with gusto

a win by Brown would be very sweet

Old 01-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:49 PM
vomit
Old 01-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Thread needs more pictures of Ayla Brown.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Ah, Massachusetts politics... What a complicated beast you are.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:56 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:49 PM
Social Conservatives will sell their souls and support and vote for a person that posed for a nude centerfold.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:00 AM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
Thread needs more pictures of Ayla Brown.

considering her father posed naked for Cosmo, i would imagine you could convince her to take more of her clothes off.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier

well, this is pretty brain dead:

Quote:
A new day is coming: restore faith and balance
By Scott Brown | January 14, 2010

I DIDN’T grow up with all the advantages in life. My mom was on welfare for a time, but I had the support of a loving family and good friends and neighbors. I don’t have all the advantages in this race either, and that’s fine by me. Being the underdog has taught me to work harder, and to appreciate the opportunities of our state and our country.

I’m running because more of our people are unemployed today than ever before. Public debt has reached $12 trillion and counting, and Washington politicians want to borrow trillions more. Terrorists want to strike our country again, and they will do so if we let down our guard. We have fighting forces in two theaters of war, and those men and women need our support.

Like everyone else, I want to see more Americans with good health care coverage. I like what we achieved in Massachusetts. It’s not perfect, but nearly everyone is now covered by a private insurance policy - not a government policy. I hope other states follow our example.

But the healthcare bill under discussion in Washington is not good. It will raise taxes and increase spending. If you are a senior on Medicare, it will lead to a half trillion dollars in cuts to your care. Since we are way ahead of the rest of the country with our own state reforms, we will get nothing in return. My opponent, Martha Coakley, will vote yes on this bill. I will insist we start over.

Failure should be admitted in Washington, and not repeated. With last month’s news that we lost another 85,000 jobs, and with unemployment stuck in the double digits, it’s time to admit that while the $787 billion stimulus had the best of intentions, it failed to create one new job. We shouldn’t pass yet another stimulus that adds to the debt without adding jobs.

My plan for the economy is simple: an across-the-board tax cut - in the tradition of John F. Kennedy - for families and businesses that will increase investment and lead to immediate new job growth. More tax increases will hurt our recovery. That’s why I have taken a no-new-tax pledge. My opponent will raise taxes.

Amid all our domestic challenges, our nation is still at war with radical Islamic terrorists determined to destroy our way of life. The Christmas bombing attempt on a Northwest Airlines plane is a wake-up call. But instead of being interrogated by military professionals at Guantanamo, the plane bomber has been given taxpayer-funded lawyers in a US courtroom. Because he’s been granted constitutional rights, he’s invoked his privilege to remain silent. Would-be killers should be treated for what they really are: enemies of a country at war, not ordinary criminals.

My opponent would accord such terrorists all the rights our Constitution grants to citizens. I will treat them as enemy combatants who should face military justice.

As this special election draws to a close, the enthusiasm from everyday citizens has been remarkable. To those who have lost faith in their elected leaders, I say: Don’t lose heart. One-party dominance in our state has led to bad decisions and a culture of corruption, but we can restore people’s faith by restoring balance to our political system.

They call me a long shot. But I’m betting that a new day is coming in Massachusetts. I am running in the name of all independent-thinking citizens, whether they are Democrats, Republicans, or unenrolled, to take on one-party rule, and the Beacon Hill bosses, and their machine, and their candidate. With your help, I intend to win.

Scott Brown is a Republican state senator from Wrentham.

A new day is coming: restore faith and balance - The Boston Globe

i mean, honestly. "let's cut deficits by ... cutting taxes."
Old 01-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:49 PM
Scott owns David Gergen:

YouTube - The People's Seat (Not Dead Kennedy's) Scott Brown at the Massachusetts Senate Debate

<>
Old 01-16-2010, 11:41 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:49 PM
Classy Ed calls Republicans bastards.

YouTube - MSNBC's Schultz- I'd Cheat To Keep Brown From Winning In Massachusetts

The latest polls show the race within the margin of error ACORN. So you may get your wish Ed.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:58 PM   #11
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

So you're willing to call out a talk show host when he calls Republicans "bastards", but you can't admit when a talk show host on your side is racist?

Truth is not your priority...
Old 01-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #12
Refugee

Obama tries to rescue a flagging Coakley - BostonHerald.com

Quote:
U.S. Rep. Edward Markey had harsh words for Brown.

“Independent Republican? That’s an oxymoron,” he said. “We’re all waiting for Wednesday morning when we have Martha Coakley joining us down there. Scott Brown. He’s a lot like George Bush. He says he’s a uniter, not a divider. Well, congratulations, Scott Brown, you have united the Democratic party in Massachusetts.”

Sen. John Kerry said, “We are ready to bring this victory home on Tuesday,” as he attempted to blame the country’s economic woes solely on the administration of George W. Bush.

“All of us feel anger about what’s happened. People have lost jobs, lost their savings, lost their health insurance,” he said. “But let’s remember where that anger should be directed.”

Kerry later added, “I got news for you Scott, George Bush drove a truck, too, and look where he got us ... The last thing we need is for someone to go to Washington and drive that truck into George Bush’s economic ditch.”
Old 01-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

"Shove a curling iron up her butt!"
"I just feel like there's hope now," Kevin Gray, a 58-year-old retired letter-carrier.
gotta love the GOP

Quote:
Brown Rallies A Revitalized GOP
January 17, 2010 12:22 PM
By Felicia Sonmez

WEST SPRINGFIELD, MA -- State Sen. Scott Brown (R) brought his surging campaign to this western MA town this a.m., rallying a crowd of GOPers more energized than many in attendance could remember.
Standing on a platform in front of the truck he has often touted in his stump speech and campaign ads, Brown was in high spirits as he addressed a crowd of more than 100 supporters. The crowd responded enthusiastically as Brown made his case against AG Martha Coakley (D) -- even interrupting frequently to make Brown's case for him.
"I'll tell you what," Brown said, using a megaphone to address the crowd. "There's negative campaigning, and then there's malicious campaigning."
"She's malicious!" a man in the crowd cried out. "She's a phony!" shouted another. "Shove a curling iron up her butt!" a third man interjected a few moments later.
Brown Rallies A Revitalized GOP - Hotline On Call
Old 01-17-2010, 07:46 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post

The latest polls show the race within the margin of error .
Does MA disenfranchise felons and inmates
or do they have the right to vote?

Can legal residents vote?

Every vote is important.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
"Shove a curling iron up her butt!"
Exuberant New England colloquialism?