Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 04:18 AM   #211
Refugee

Local Time: 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post

Let's not forget Brown's Victory Speech.

"My daughters are available."
He actually said that?! I thought that was some exaggeration I head on "The Daily Show".

I thought Palin was bad enough, but this guy has had a pretty good life and needn't be so scummy, but he chooses to. This is the kind of guy (and the kind of victory) that makes me lose faith in humanity.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #212
Refugee

Oh please. The comment he made about his daughters was a joke he made on-the-spot. He was obviously pretty flustered when he made his speech. Don't judge him based on one unfortunate comment.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #213
Blue Crack Addict

No pictures of Scott Brown in a seashell shaped Speedo?

Cosmo has asked him to reprise his pose-that would be all kinds of awesome. He would need some manscaping-but maybe he's not as hairy now.

It's all Scott Brown all the time on the news-he eats at a diner, he drives his truck to the diner, he goes to Ayla's basketball game

People are actually calling car dealerships looking for the Scott Brown truck
Old 01-24-2010, 12:43 PM   #214
Blue Crack Addict

His wife Gail Huff is in this video

YouTube - The Girl With the Curious Hand by Digney Fignus
Old 01-24-2010, 01:55 PM   #215
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
People are actually calling car dealerships looking for the Scott Brown truck
Didn't the sole grownup in Washington tell us those were "clunkers"?
Old 01-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #216
Refugee

Quote:
No pictures of Scott Brown in a seashell shaped Speedo?

Cosmo has asked him to reprise his pose-that would be all kinds of awesome. He would need some manscaping-but maybe he's not as hairy now.
LOL, Wow!

Please stay in the truck Mr. Brown.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #217
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:53 AM
Quote:
Yeah, she stars in a video about hand jobs.

She looks pretty good in that video, of course it was 25 years ago.

Also, interesting how the right and tea bag groups are mum on this.

If a Dem posed nude, and his wife did a vid about hand jobs it would have all we heard about 24/7.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:09 PM   #218
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Sure thing, it's next to the flag-burning and nude erotic dancing clause.
Maybe now you can understand why every time you bring up judicial activism, I can't take you seriously at all.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #219
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
If a Dem posed nude, and his wife did a vid about hand jobs it would have all we heard about 24/7.
Dems usually can't hide under "born-again Christian" as a dismissive explanation.

Like the alcoholic (and possible crack addict) they put up as president before our current one.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:06 PM   #220
Refugee

Crack addict? Really?
Old 01-24-2010, 11:16 PM   #221
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:53 AM
I thought, as he was known then, Barry Obama was the one that admitted to using Cocaine.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:13 AM   #222
Refugee

Local Time: 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2387 View Post
Add up the unemployment rates of all years with the first 3 numbers 1, 9 and 7 and divide by ten.

You will get 7.01%. Unless you even get the numbers from one of your partisan sources, which I would not put past you.
Partisan sources? Please tell me what Partisan sources I use.

Do you consider the United States Department Of Labor to be a Partisan source?

You can get the unemployment rate for each month in the 1970s here:

Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey

Add up all 120 months and then divide by 120.

Here is the annual unemployment rate for each year in the 1970s:

1970: 4.98%
1971: 5.95%
1972: 5.60%
1973: 4.86%
1974: 5.64%
1975: 8.48%
1976: 7.70%
1977: 7.05%
1978: 6.07%
1979: 5.85%

Average Unemployment rate in the 1970s: 6.22%

Here is another source just looking at annual unemployment rates per year:

The United States Unemployment Rate By Year
Old 01-25-2010, 12:39 AM   #223
Refugee

Quote:
And Diamond, Harry Vest, etc do not exist in this forum? They most certainly do. Plus, that's irrelevant, as you are claiming that I deem anyone of opposing opinion incapable of rational discussion. I am just pointing out that conservatives and Republicans I know outside of you and Indy are perfectly capable of rational discussion. Does not matter whether they post here.

I have been through this many times with you.
Wonderful, but your opinion is mistaken.

Quote:
There is a difference between defending Bush, and doing what you constantly do. That is misrepresent and take things out of context unreasonably to make Republicans look better. Only in your world could a poverty rate that keeps increasing under Bush versus one that keeps going down under Clinton mean that Bush policies did a better job on poverty.
1. Its factually inaccurate to say that the poverty rate increased every year under Bush. There were a couple of years when the poverty rate did go down.

2. The subject of that thread was about calling the recent decade, the decade from hell. I pointed out correctly that the average poverty rate during the 00s as well as under Bush, was less than the average poverty rate during the 90s or under Bill Clinton. Thats a FACT, just as it is a fact that the average unemployment rate during the 00s was less than that during the 90s.

3. Its a fact that a higher percentage of people lived in poverty during the Clinton years vs the Bush years.

Quote:
I factually rebutted and explained every statistic you put out. The difference is my explaining versus your coming back with one line repetitions of the same thing. I actually explain why I interpret the statistics the way I do and why I think that is reasonable. Other posters read these back and forths.
I then factually rebutted that and again explained why I interpret the statistics the way I do and why I think that is reasonable.

Quote:
And guess what Strongbow?? More people think I am the reasonable one than you, and not just the left leaning people. Multiple people have pointed out the flaws in your interpretations of things.
LOL of course they do. You will not find many more places where George Bush is this unpopular. Its inconcievable for many here to acknowledge that Bush ever did anything right, or that things were not as bad as many say they were while he was in office.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:50 AM   #224
Refugee

Quote:
I said I have never seen it. All I have seen is you trying to argue about how objective conditions under Bush were the way you say they were. Remember, I between the 2 of us, we have never discussed a single policy, just your inability to fact the truth.That to me was a pretty good indication that you would do anything to make this guy look good. If you have some criticisms, good for you. I am glad to have my criticisms of the Democrats as well.
I did not make up ANYTHING about the unemployment rate, inflation rate, poverty rate, debt as a percentage of GDP or GDP growth rate. Everything I stated was based on factual statistics. Its a fact that when looking at these five economic indicators, the past decade was actually pretty good compared to the other decades for which there is data. The averages for these indicators during the Bush years are very good when compared with other Presidents.

The fact that you would attempt to refute all of that and not ever acknowledge are give any sort of credit to the Bush administration for anything is the only indicator of bias.

Quote:
The point I was making was that you think you can come with your BS repetitions of your spin on statistics and call the discussion over. I am well aware of the fact that its not a game. I know the mods do not assign points to certain arguments. How could I possibly think that it was a game if you are still here posting? You'd be long gone if it were a game with points assigned for good, reasonable, logical, fact supported arguments!
When did I ever say a discussion was over? I simply brought in factual statistics which showed that the averages for 5 different major economic indicators during the Bush years were, relative to many other Presidents, actually very good. I disputed the main contention of the thread that the 00s were "The Decade From Hell" and that it was the worst decade for the USA since the 1930s. There is nothing unreasonable or illogical about that, because they are simply facts.

Quote:
Neither of you really understand the issues, otherwise you would not feel the need to spin them w/o explanation and he would not feel the need to duck them completely.
Look at this. Here you are again, spinning, mis-representing, generalizing, not about the issues, but about other forum members.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:06 PM   #225
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Partisan sources? Please tell me what Partisan sources I use.

Do you consider the United States Department Of Labor to be a Partisan source?

You can get the unemployment rate for each month in the 1970s here:

Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey

Add up all 120 months and then divide by 120.

Here is the annual unemployment rate for each year in the 1970s:

1970: 4.98%
1971: 5.95%
1972: 5.60%
1973: 4.86%
1974: 5.64%
1975: 8.48%
1976: 7.70%
1977: 7.05%
1978: 6.07%
1979: 5.85%

Average Unemployment rate in the 1970s: 6.22%

Here is another source just looking at annual unemployment rates per year:

The United States Unemployment Rate By Year
I added each year and divided by 10. Did not do it by month. Maybe I added a number wrong as well. Maybe you could go back and re calculate your numbers on debt% of GDP in the 1990s!

Either way, I was talking about the 80s being worse unemployment wise then the 1970s.