Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 08:55 PM   #181
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Cause I can find freedom of speech in the Bill Of Rights. Still looking for marriage equality.
And you also find the concept of corporation as a separate legal entity articulated in your constitution? Could you point me to it please?

Old 01-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #182
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:09 AM
All written word comes down to interpretation. Bible, Constitution, U2 songs... etc...

Maybe someday you'll get that.

Your grandchildren will get it...

Old 01-23-2010, 07:40 AM   #183
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerks View Post
It's the economy stupid. As the expression goes. It's not going well, the Democrats are in power, so they vote in the Republican. If it was reverse, then the democrat wins.

Plenty of other things going on of course, but in my home state of MA, I think it mostly angry about the economy. Health care wasn't an issue, because we already have a better version than the congress is proposing. And Martha rang a horrible campaign.

My friend nails it -- Steve Kornacki

And btw, women are 0 for 8 in MA running for Senate. So think more sexism than racism.

. You need 51. Just pass the fucker.

0 for 8 speaks volumes. No woman senator ever elected from Mass. Hmm.

There is sexism in both parties, altho the Democrats are more closeted and clandestine about it-look what they did to Hillary vs an unknown and unvetted Obama.

If the Dems really wanted this form of Health Care they would use the nuclear option, truth is, is that it is too flawed, they know it and it would be wreckless.It would be the final albatross around their neck-making the economy irreparable.

So, kudos to the few select Dems that are stopping a bad situation from becoming worse.

<>
Old 01-23-2010, 07:44 AM   #184
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
All written word comes down to interpretation. Bible, Constitution, U2 songs... etc...

Maybe someday you'll get that.

Your grandchildren will get it...
Wrong about the Bible and Constitution-they are not art.

U2 music is art however.

1 out of 3 isn't bad.

<>
Old 01-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #185
Refugee

Local Time: 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2387 View Post

Unemployment, average 1970s: 7.01% 1980s:7.2%
The average for the 1970s is incorrect. Here is the average unemployment rates for each of the past four decades:

70s: 6.22%
80s: 7.27%
90s: 5.76%
00s: 5.54% (the alleged decade from hell )
Old 01-23-2010, 02:10 PM   #186
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
So you admit "equality" is in the "interpretation" of the Constitution.

It's a start.

Now if we can just get you and others to see that there may be reasons other than "homophobia" or "racism" to explain why someone may interpret the Constitution differently than you.
You keep trying to expand your views on same sex marriage to be a statement about disagreeing on opinions. Which is a distraction tactic.

I disagree with you about the economy and all that with respect. That's subjective. There are legitimate viewpoints on both sides. I don't have any respect for your views on same sex marriage. They're not differing, they're just wrong.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #187
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I disagree with you about the economy and all that with respect. That's subjective. There are legitimate viewpoints on both sides. I don't have any respect for your views on same sex marriage. They're not differing, they're just wrong.

Can I be wrong about the issue for reasons other than homophobia? We already have a thread on the subject so just a simple yes or no will do.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #188
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Can I be wrong about the issue for reasons other than homophobia?

we've asked you for years to give a reason, and you haven't offered anything.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:17 PM   #189
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Can I be wrong about the issue for reasons other than homophobia? We already have a thread on the subject so just a simple yes or no will do.
A reason based around logic. If it's illogical, it looks like a cover for homophobia.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #190
Refugee

.. and there goes the Senator Brown thread.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:10 PM   #191
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Wrong about the Bible and Constitution-they are not art.

U2 music is art however.

1 out of 3 isn't bad.

<>

Come on Diamond you are not this thick...

Please tell me you are not this thick... Please?
Old 01-23-2010, 05:08 PM   #192
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
And you also find the concept of corporation as a separate legal entity articulated in your constitution? Could you point me to it please?
Still waiting on this INDY...
Old 01-23-2010, 06:04 PM   #193
Refugee

Another reason Brown won and Coakley/Obama lost: views on national security.

Quote:
In congressional testimony on January 20, the nation’s top intelligence official, Dennis Blair, acknowledged that the U.S. government mishandled the interrogation of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the Nigerian terrorist who tried to blow up a plane over Detroit on Christmas Day. Specifically, Blair was not happy that Abdulmutallab was charged as a common criminal and read his rights, rather than being questioned by the elite interrogation unit announced by President Obama as a replacement for the CIA teams used by the Bush administration.

It turns out Blair was just one of several top counterterrorism officials who were not consulted on the very important decision as to how to question Abdulmutallab. Also on the list: Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, Director of the National Counterterrorism Center Michael Leiter, and FBI Director Robert Mueller.

Obama administration officials were not happy with Blair’s sudden outbreak of transparency. Within hours of the hearing’s end, Newsweek reported that “Obama administration officials were flabbergasted” by Blair’s testimony, which was “misinformed on multiple levels.” How? For one thing, these officials explained, the high-value detainee interrogation group that Blair described “doesn’t exist.”

That’s not reassuring. A year after Obama’s executive order, the HIG is not yet up and running, and his top intelligence guy is in the dark?

The intelligence failures that led to the Detroit attack are cause for deep concern. But the stunning incompetence of the Obama administration’s response to the attack—laid bare in those hearings last week—is more worrisome.
‘Duh!’ | The Weekly Standard
Old 01-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #194
Refugee

I am so pissed at this victory and that the media is framing it as evidence that Obama has moved far to the left, when he's actually been moderate or even moved to the right. How has this guy been left-wing? By George W. Bush standards? Is this our metric? He's basically Clinton II and even a bit Bush. Some are saying that Obama never really wanted a public option in order to please the corporations. Obama is motivated by a second term more than anything else.

I hate the mainstream news media -- people like David Gergen and Gloria Borger -- who care only about sensationalizing the drama to boost their careers.

The Dems should just go ahead and pass health care and risk a filibuster. Do you know what obstructionist pricks the GOP will look like if they do that? It'll be like Newt Gingrich in 1995. Screw 'em.

The Dems are already too corporate. Bill Maher said it best:
YouTube - Bill Maher - Democrats Are The New Republicans

(I don't know about legalizing pot, though.)
Old 01-23-2010, 07:27 PM   #195
Blue Crack Addict

At the VERY least, decriminalize pot. I think it should be totally legal, though.

This coming from someone who doesn't smoke pot.