Global Warming Revisited - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-18-2014, 01:24 PM   #61
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
not to mention...more than 1000 scientists? big whoop. think about how many scientists there are in the world (every field of science, every country, every continent)...suddenly that number doesn't seem so impressive. science is a pretty big umbrella and the word scientist a blanketed statement in this instance imo. i wouldn't consider people who study magnesium and magnets to be at all qualified to speak about global warming.
But 1000 is such a big number.
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #62
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,349
Local Time: 12:38 AM

Great, now how about you sit down and instead of reading other peoples' opinions, why don't you back it up yourself?

Do you know anything about carbon cycles? Nitrogen cycles? Atmospheric escape? The thermodynamics of a planetary system?

I can tell you that I've written a 68 page research paper on a planetary atmosphere. I can tell you that mathematically, as well as qualitatively, I understand what's going on. Can you say the same thing?

And here's the thing. I'm not telling you to not speak up. But, please, do not link me to an article and use your supporting evidence as "1000 scientists said so." Yes, every department has one. And then there's a good 15 others who identify that those scientists are the same scientists who allow politics to breed into their beliefs.
__________________

__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:32 PM   #63
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,454
Local Time: 09:38 PM
There are a lot of scientists who believe in intelligent design, it doesn't mean it's a valid scientific theory. The preponderance of evidence points towards the conclusion that climate change is occurring and humans are mostly responsible.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
nbelcik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:21 PM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
There are a lot of scientists who believe in intelligent design, it doesn't mean it's a valid scientific theory. The preponderance of evidence points towards the conclusion that climate change is occurring and humans are mostly responsible.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference



29% of Earth is land mass. (Large oceans out there)

Of that 29% humans occupy less than 1% of that area.

Of the remaining 28% about 40% is pure wilderness.

14% is true desert and 15% has desert like characteristics.

9% is Antarctica.

Most of the remaining 22% are agricultural areas.

The earth is doing fine.
__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:40 PM   #65
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,863
Local Time: 12:38 AM
You think what humans do only impacts the area they live on? Seriously?
__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:09 AM   #66
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,454
Local Time: 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
29% of Earth is land mass. (Large oceans out there)



Of that 29% humans occupy less than 1% of that area.



Of the remaining 28% about 40% is pure wilderness.



14% is true desert and 15% has desert like characteristics.



9% is Antarctica.



Most of the remaining 22% are agricultural areas.



The earth is doing fine.

This might be the dumbest argument I've ever heard. So because we don't live in the oceans we can't affect the oceans at all?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
nbelcik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:47 AM   #67
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,272
Local Time: 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
29% of Earth is land mass. (Large oceans out there)

Of that 29% humans occupy less than 1% of that area.

Of the remaining 28% about 40% is pure wilderness.

14% is true desert and 15% has desert like characteristics.

9% is Antarctica.

Most of the remaining 22% are agricultural areas.

The earth is doing fine.
Aren't you a teacher? Is this what you're teaching your students?

Appalling.
__________________
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:28 PM   #68
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Aren't you a teacher? Is this what you're teaching your students?

Appalling.

I teach students to question, think and read.
__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:41 PM   #69
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I teach students to question, think and read.

Practice what you teach.

We've all seen your reading sources, they don't question or think.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:47 PM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Practice what you teach.

We've all seen your reading sources, they don't question or think.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference


Please post a reading source I have quoted or linked
that you think shuts down thought or questions.
__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:21 AM   #71
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Please post a reading source I have quoted or linked
that you think shuts down thought or questions.
iron horse,

For years posters have pointed out the flaws in your sources. You always failed to address these posts. It's been a very well documented pattern. I've even tried in PMs. You are incapable of actually addressing the flaws in your sources.

Posters have continually asked you to explain your stance on climate change and you ignore them. You have declared your disdain for science. All you do is post anti-science personal beliefs to support your stance.

If you want a real discussion, you have to start answering questions. The day you answer a question about climate change is the day you gain an ounce of respect again regarding this issue.

Sincerely,

BVS
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:01 PM   #72
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,349
Local Time: 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Please post a reading source I have quoted or linked
that you think shuts down thought or questions.
Please provide a simple mathematical sketch-up that supports your claims.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:34 PM   #73
The Fly
 
Izzy.nyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 216
Local Time: 12:38 AM
And while you're at it, maybe a simple recipe for apple turnovers.


Soundcloud.com/re2374
__________________
Izzy.nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:36 PM   #74
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,562
Local Time: 05:38 AM
Guys, we're looking at possibly the coldest November on record.

It normally doesn't get THAT cold going into winter. Therefore, it's a hoax.
__________________
BEAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:27 PM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,349
Local Time: 12:38 AM
I'm writing up a thesis defense presentation right now.

Two of my background slides are...

Measles rates over time versus vaccination rates over time

and...

Diabetes rates over time versus females graduating college over time

I'm really starting to question whether or not more females graduating college are the cause of our increase in diabetes as a nation. Scary thought.





But no really, if you can't supply logic to your argument, don't make your argument.
__________________

__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com