Glenn Beck Has A Dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First, let me apologize for lumping you in with the knee-jerk Beckaphobes who reflexively mock his every deed and utterance. You may not like him but you have an informed opinion. So sorry 'bout that, it won't happen again.

I'm not here as a Beck apologist. Since leaving Fox I have no idea what he has been up to. I found his show interesting and funny but often frustrating. He would announce a big project every 6 weeks or so only to quickly move on to the next big project, the previous one all but forgotten.

I can also name several predictions and dire warnings that were WAY off base. Puerto Rico becoming the 51st state by secret vote anyone?

Anyway, what I thought he did best (and pissed off his enemies the most) was to point out the revolutionary radicalism in so much of the Left's ideology. Many American Democrats are ignorant of this or don't want to think about it but it is undeniable. And this is worldwide over the past 60 years. Main examples being student revolts. The labor movement. Romanticizing communism. Much of the environmental movement. And now sympathy towards to Islamism. With plenty of jaw dropping video clips to illustrate.

This also is the subject of books like: Unholy Alliance: Radical Islam and the American Left , Liberal Fascism, The Grand Jihad: How Islam and the Left Sabotage America and After America: Get Ready for Armageddon

The revolutionary goal; to destabilize the West and capitalism. The coming insurrection Beck called it.

You either see it all around you (London, Middle East, US losses AAA rating) or you laugh at it I guess.

So, I'll just respond to a couple of points specifically since you took the time to explain your thoughts.

Obviously no coincidence that the Israel trip is timed with the launching of his new business. That's naked. And there's no doubt that in general, everything is about making money, and only about making money.

Maybe, but could have to do with the looming U.N. vote on Palestinian statehood. An issue that may well split some Western alliances.

I understand why Evangelical Christians are all over it. I understand why they would hate certain policies in regards to Israel. I understand why they push certain specific ideas dressed up as 'peace' and 'security', and why they will fight against anything that has any real shot at actual peace and security. And I understand why right-wing Israeli politicians will happily use them too. But if you don't believe that stuff, and you actually are quite genuine when you say you want to see peace and security for Israel, then there's no way you can support what they believe and want. At a macro level, there are probably four choices there for Israel, four possible macro scenarios that you could wake up to in 10, 15, 20 years. I think you can probably guess the one the evangelicals would choose, and in several ways it is by far the most dangerous one for Israel.

As discussed on a thread sometime ago, issues surrounding Israel are upside down in many ways. I have no idea how it became as politicized as taxes, spending or illegal immigration are. What I don't do is discount those that deny the Holocaust or Israel's right to exist. And I pay close attention to whom they associate with.

Anyway, what I thought he did best (and pissed off his enemies the most) was to point out the revolutionary radicalism in so much of the Left's ideology. Many American Democrats are ignorant of this or don't want to think about it but it is undeniable.

Really? He pointed out the revolutionary radicalism that is in so much of the Left's ideology? Or did he take revolutionary radicalism among a tiny, powerless minority on the far-left, combined with baseless accusations of revolutionary radicalism, and through force of repetition, some super slick blackboard connect-the-tenuously-connected-dots, and the occasional cry, make it sound like what is really either non-existent or on the absolute and utter fringes of left-wing ideology has dangerously and insidiously crept into mainstream thought?

This also is the subject of books like: Unholy Alliance: Radical Islam and the American Left , Liberal Fascism, The Grand Jihad: How Islam and the Left Sabotage America and After America: Get Ready for Armageddon

I suppose I should go mine the depths of far-Left organizations for equally compelling evidence against American Republicans? You're going to have to do better than a short list of vehemently politically and ideologically biased (to say the least) screeds to back up such a ludicrous claim.

The revolutionary goal; to destabilize the West and capitalism.

Yes, maybe the revolutionary goal, but hardly the goal of anywhere close to anything but the tiniest sliver of a minority in "the Left."

Yes, maybe the revolutionary goal, but hardly the goal of anywhere close to anything but the tiniest sliver of a minority in "the Left."

I think I said quite clearly that most Democrats aren't aware of this and don't share those ideas. Which explains how they can support the environmental legislation they do without realizing much of it is purposely designed to raise energy prices, weaken our economy, lower our prosperity and quality of life.

Don't forget, one of those "fringe" revolutionaries, one of that "tiniest sliver of a minority in the Left," Van Jones, made his way into the White House. Hailed as an important voice in the new Green Economy. Turned out to be more red than green however.

Embarrassingly for the White House, exposed by no less than Glenn Beck

INDY500 said:
much of it is purposely designed to raise energy prices, weaken our economy, lower our prosperity and quality of life.

1)You wouldn't happen to have any sources to back up this claim, would you?

2)Yes, obviously the answer is that there's a nefarious group of shadow people that have duped the American left into voting for legislation that purports to help save the environment but really seeks to undermine and destroy America from the inside out. Is Michael Bay leading conservative think tanks these days?

Unsubsidized green jobs are a myth. Yet some swoon at the mere mention of the it.

with corporate welfare and tax breaks, along with, say, our entire military and state and federal government, along with enormous federal grands in the sciences, what job isn't unsubsidized?

Main examples being student revolts.

The '60s? Sex drugs and rocknroll?

Tiananmen Square?

The labor movement.

Wobblies?

Romanticizing communism.

versus Cold War paranoia...

Much of the environmental movement.

Pentagon declares it a National Security concern.

And now sympathy towards to Islamism. With plenty of jaw dropping video clips to illustrate.

Because Vietnam War-influenced racism wasn't a thing.

The revolutionary goal; to destabilize the West and capitalism. The coming insurrection Beck called it.

The epitome of Capitalism: Wall Street.

Which explains how they can support the environmental legislation they do without realizing much of it is purposely designed to raise energy prices, weaken our economy, lower our prosperity and quality of life.

Hmm... Haliburton et al., Wall Street, and (insert your choice of blame)

Q: What is the problem with people being together in commune, eating together, and have everything in common, having sold property and possessions to give anyone who had need?

First, let me apologize for lumping you in with the knee-jerk Beckaphobes who reflexively mock his every deed and utterance. You may not like him but you have an informed opinion. So sorry 'bout that, it won't happen again.

I'm not here as a Beck apologist. Since leaving Fox I have no idea what he has been up to. I found his show interesting and funny but often frustrating. He would announce a big project every 6 weeks or so only to quickly move on to the next big project, the previous one all but forgotten.

I can also name several predictions and dire warnings that were WAY off base. Puerto Rico becoming the 51st state by secret vote anyone?

Anyway, what I thought he did best (and pissed off his enemies the most) was to point out the revolutionary radicalism in so much of the Left's ideology. Many American Democrats are ignorant of this or don't want to think about it but it is undeniable. And this is worldwide over the past 60 years. Main examples being student revolts. The labor movement. Romanticizing communism. Much of the environmental movement. And now sympathy towards to Islamism. With plenty of jaw dropping video clips to illustrate.

You either see it all around you (London, Middle East, US losses AAA rating) or you laugh at it I guess.

So, I'll just respond to a couple of points specifically since you took the time to explain your thoughts.

Maybe, but could have to do with the looming U.N. vote on Palestinian statehood. An issue that may well split some Western alliances.

As discussed on a thread sometime ago, issues surrounding Israel are upside down in many ways. I have no idea how it became as politicized as taxes, spending or illegal immigration are. What I don't do is discount those that deny the Holocaust or Israel's right to exist. And I pay close attention to whom they associate with.

Sorry but with these McCarthyesque ramblings I cannot take you seriously as a poster any more.

Sorry but with these McCarthyesque ramblings I cannot take you seriously as a poster any more.

What I didn't say was that this was the biggest threat to the Western world. That would be that the populace has figured out they can vote goodies for themselves, bill future generations, and few people seem inclined at this point to tell them "no."

But as debt mounts, economic growth slows and society destabilizes at the same time Western principles and values atrophy; well it makes you wonder what "fringe" ideas, ballyhooed by the "useful idiots," might seem more enticing in desperate times.

You may well not see marxism alive and well on college campuses or in Black Liberation theology. Or think the Islamification of Europe might have dire consequences down the road. Or that global warming is speculative, politically-polluted science with even more dubious solutions that, strangely, always require sacrificing some of our economic prosperity and personal freedom.

That's fine. I don't look under my bed before turning off the light for the vague, mysterious, omnipotent "Oligarchy" as you must.

Q: What is the problem with people being together in commune, eating together, and have everything in common, having sold property and possessions to give anyone who had need?

You communist pig! How dare you preach equality!

I don't think many did to begin with.

solemole said:
Like the Manson family?

Um... the latter half of my question was quoted from Acts 2:44, 45 (NIV).

Now, excuse me; I'm gonna go into my time machine and tell Luke and Peter that they had it wrong all along.

Um... the latter half of my question was quoted from Acts 2:44, 45 (NIV).

These parts have been removed from the tea party version of the Bible.

This poster touts the Bible but hasn't been able to recognize many of its teachings before, touts Reagan but has believed the revision over the truth, and touts conservatism but really embraces the right wing paranoia of the talking heads. How much of it's true, hard to tell, but in here he's turned into the person that calls the man that said Irene is a blessing "far from crazy or uninformed".

I'm offended, BVS, that you referred me as "this poster" ... surely, you're not talking about me, are you?

Fix the grammar, will ya?

You got a misdirecting referent pronoun.

WTF?

You're seriously referring to me, and not Indy?

No.. I never referred to Glenn Beck "far from crazy or uninformed"... not as far as I remember.

Besides, I don't participate in FYM arguments much. Usually I make nonsequiturs.

This is fishy, AFAIC.

Back
Top Bottom