Glenn Beck Has A Dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why do you say that?

Please explain your statement.

Well, A_Wanderer named a big one.

Most "libertarians"(politicians) I know support very non-libertarian views like bans against gay marriage, supporting racist legislature, aren't consistent on drugs, or support wars that do not coincide with their platform.

I just lost so much respect for both of you every time you defend this piece of shit. Rush Limbaugh is a piece of shit. He should be an embarrassment to you and people of your viewpoint. Don't try and turn this around on me and say I defend pieces of shit, because A) that's not really true at all and B) no one I associate myself with in the public eye is as despicable a human as Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh is the scum of the Earth, and I mean that with full sincerity and objectivity.

I have to agree. You know I thought to myself when I read Rush's comments, there's no way INDY and 2861 could possibly defend these statements. They're so OBVIOUSLY racist, any one can see it. . .

I guess I was wrong.

And how does commenting on Jesse Jackson make those statements not racist?

No, Rush has race hustlers like Jesse Jackson and their liberal cohorts like President Obama figured out.

suppose it takes one to know one?

Rush is a big old racist. we proved this in another thread a few months back.

it made Iron Horse disappear for a while because he kept saying that Rush's racist comments weren't made by Rush even though they were time stamped and everything.

Oh dear. I'd seen clips before but I'd assumed it was a slightly off right wing version of Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert but are people actually telling me that Glenn Beck is serious? :reject::reject:

Oh dear. I'd seen clips before but I'd assumed it was a slightly off right wing version of Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert but are people actually telling me that Glenn Beck is serious? :reject::reject:

Completely. Look out for the rape and pillaging in five years.

The sad part isn't that he's serious, though. The sad part is that people take what he's saying seriously and think he actually has knowledge about anything in the realm of reality.

by Russell Simmons

One of the great challenges of our nation has been and will be to reconcile the racial tension of our past. The historical ramifications of slavery are still felt in the streets of West Baltimore, the country roads of the Mississippi Delta and corridors of the United States Congress. When our nation gathered up enough strength and courage to elect the first African-American president, in the words of our great GlobalGrind blogger, Erica Williams, "our nation did not become post-racial, but we're making every effort to be post-racist."

During the president's first year of his term, often has our nation endured various situations that dealt with race, including Skip Gates' arrest, the "birthers" movement, the "Witch Doctor" poster, amongst many others. Although we have made tremendous progress in our discussions revolving around race, one consistent reminder that we have not reached a state of high consciousness is the ability of the few to co-opt the opinions of the masses. As the Republican Party has tried hard to give itself a new face, with Michael Steele becoming the first African-American chairman in its history, it is sadly still the race-baiting commentators that dictate the agenda.

This week, Rush Limbaugh made a sickening comment in his attempt to interpret the words of Rev. Jackson, when he said that the "black frame of mind" is "terrible" and that "Tiger Woods choice of women sure didn't help it." When three Republican U.S. Senators and half a dozen evangelical preachers do it, why isn't he saying it depresses the white race? Limbaugh's bringing in Tiger's infidelity as if it's related to black culture goes back to an old and deeply evil racist connection of black men and sexual promiscuity. To use the image of the black man as the sexual predator is the oldest form of race baiting, dating back to Emmit Till and before that, the slaves on the plantation. Moreover, Rush is using Tiger as an Obama surrogate, using Tiger as a way to say that these men cannot be trusted. Rush knows exactly what he is doing by being the first to link the plight of the black man to the sorrows of Tiger Woods.

It was only a matter of time, before the new face of the Republican Party resorted back to their old tricks. And if you keep these type of games going, we will get another four years to pass our progressive agenda, because the majority of Americans, including Republicans, are tired of it. If you think, for one minute, that the real "new" face of the Republican party, the new emerging young conservative voice, want Dick Cheney or Sarah Palin or Rush Limbaugh as their leader, you are foolishly mistaken. Young people are tired of blue and red America...they want purple America. Young people are tired of the divisive name calling, they want to work together to solve the nation's problems. Young people are tired of fighting two wars, they want peace. So, Mr. Limbaugh and your cronies, you can continue to spew your hate all you want, because this type of racism and pain will only work for so long.

We will build a new America, together. We will build a post-racial America, together. We will build a nation that will no longer tolerate racism, new or old, together.

What exactly is Obama worse than Woods at? Literally the only thing they have in common is that they're both famous.

tea baggers :shrug:

You know, I've been taking a couple weeks break from this place because I've got finals to get to, but grow up. You clearly feel threatened by the growing tea party movement, otherwise you'd call them by name and not resort to immaturity. It's not cute. It's not funny. What's funny is that you and David Shuster and Olbermann use this phrase to pretend to be hip and cool in a failing attempt to demean these people. Grow up.

Threatened? Hip and cool? Please!

I've told you before I only use that phrase when it's in context of overt racism or some form of hatred, otherwise I call them tea partiers.

So maybe it's time you grow up. Face the racism and hatred that fills these guys airwaves and denounce it, don't read it in black and white and then deny that it's anything but... It makes you just as bad.

Threatened? Hip and cool? Please!

I've told you before I only use that phrase when it's in context of overt racism or some form of hatred, otherwise I call them tea partiers.

So maybe it's time you grow up. Face the racism and hatred that fills these guys airwaves and denounce it, don't read it in black and white and then deny that it's anything but... It makes you just as bad.

But the tea parties are NOTHING but racism and violence and hatred, right? So why not just use the phrase all the time?

And regarding your second point, I do denounce it when I see it. As I've said before, Glenn Beck saying Obama resents white people (or whatever he said) was stupid and I don't agree with that. Same goes for Limbaugh whenever he alludes to Obama not being born in this country, and half the things Ann Coulter says. Don't paint with such a broad brush.

i'm going to continue to call them tea baggers because they should have known better than to use such a stupid name and to use such a stupid, historically uniformed message and to pollute rivers with Twinnings tea bags.

it was like when they tried to have that march for "traditional marriage" and they were going to call it "2M4M" -- i mean, honestly, you've done this to yourselves.

I don't know-maybe for some people bringing race into it is a way of avoiding confronting the man's behavior for just what it is and not about the race of the women or their looks. Just like maybe making jokes about it is, etc. Maybe it's uncomfortable for some men to confront and/or to call the guy out on his behavior.

It's none of our busines. It's a private matter between adults.

Since Tax Patriots and Tea Partiers is too objectionable, maybe Americans concerned by runaway government spending, an exploding debt and an ever higher tax burden, should "reclaim" Teabaggers from the gape-mouthed hipsters on the Left and begin using the term themselves.

tobias.jpg

Back
Top Bottom