Glenn Beck Has A Dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course the article fails to mention that Rush was commenting on clips of Jesse Jackson on a recent television show sounding less than pleased with the President's first year agenda.

But that would be real journalism rather than pushing a point of view.

Did you actually listen to this segment? This is what he claimed he did, but it's not actually what he did. I actually listened to it and his spin was his typical schtick.

Did you actually listen to this segment? This is what he claimed he did, but it's not actually what he did. I actually listened to it and his spin was his typical schtick.

What are you talking about? I listened to the segment on Tuesday and that's exactly what he did...

I'll wait for the left to condemn this garbage. I'll wait for them to condemn violent, dangerous, hateful rhetoric that serves no purpose but to halt decent discussion, even if it is meant as "comedy."

I don't know why you would post that, JT. Do you really think that video is at all funny? That's the type of person you are? I think you can do better.

What are you talking about? I listened to the segment on Tuesday and that's exactly what he did...

Nowhere in the Jesse Jackson piece that he was "commenting" on mentioned anything about Tiger Woods or "black frame of mind" or being "depressed". You can defend this guy all you want, you've had blatant racism and sexism placed right before your eyes several times in here and have turned a blind eye to, even denied it, so I'm sure this time won't be any different. But the truth is pretty obvious.

In fact the quote that Rush did use was doctored, two seperate quotes put together. The Rude Pundit: Limbaugh Doctored Jesse Jackson Quote to Make It Look Like Jackson Opposes Obama - Democratic Underground

Of course the article fails to mention that Rush was commenting on clips of Jesse Jackson on a recent television show sounding less than pleased with the President's first year agenda.

But that would be real journalism rather than pushing a point of view.

I just lost so much respect for both of you every time you defend this piece of shit. Rush Limbaugh is a piece of shit. He should be an embarrassment to you and people of your viewpoint. Don't try and turn this around on me and say I defend pieces of shit, because A) that's not really true at all and B) no one I associate myself with in the public eye is as despicable a human as Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh is the scum of the Earth, and I mean that with full sincerity and objectivity.

I'll wait for the left to condemn this garbage. I'll wait for them to condemn violent, dangerous, hateful rhetoric that serves no purpose but to halt decent discussion, even if it is meant as "comedy."

I don't know why you would post that, JT. Do you really think that video is at all funny? That's the type of person you are? I think you can do better.

But it's not serious. Glenn Beck is serious. Rush Limbaugh is serious. Bill O'Reilly is serious.

I would only ask you to condemn people who are serious and have hateful rhetoric that serves no purpose but to halt decent discussion. And by that, I mean Beck and Limbaugh.

I think its hilarious, to be honest. So ya, I guess thats the type of person I am. What kind of person gets so bend out of shape over satire? You need to lighten up and stop taking life so seriously, chief

And why did I post it? Sometimes FYM gets too far up its own ass and needs a laugh. Lighten up, Sunshine

I just lost so much respect for both of you every time you defend this piece of shit. Rush Limbaugh is a piece of shit. He should be an embarrassment to you and people of your viewpoint. Don't try and turn this around on me and say I defend pieces of shit, because A) that's not really true at all and B) no one I associate myself with in the public eye is as despicable a human as Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh is the scum of the Earth, and I mean that with full sincerity and objectivity.

This was all in the context of Jackson's tv appearance along with his very recent statement to the Congressional Black Caucus (itself upset with the president over portions of his agenda) that "We even have blacks voting against the health care bill. You can't vote against health care and call yourself a black man." Defend that Philly !! Plus the whole Tiger and white women thing that everyone is afraid to touch.

Rush is putting his slant on this for sure, that what he does, but racist it isn't.

ps Bill Hicks was a real pussy cat wasn't he?

Plus the whole Tiger and white women thing that everyone is afraid to touch.

What exactly do you mean by that? I don't mean that in a confrontational way, I'm just honestly asking. There was that article by Eugene Robinson in the Washington Post talking about Tiger being "involved" with only white women and that he might have some sort of validation complex. Well actually he called them "Barbie types" and said that attractive women come in all shapes and sizes and have brown skin, etc.

It sure seems bizarre to me for anyone to bring that up as an issue- considering the allegations that he cheated on his wife what now, it's up to twelve women (and on his kids) and allegedly also didn't use condoms? But yes let's make it about race. He makes me sick but I never once thought "gee what's up with Tiger and the white women".

Boris Becker, former German tennis player is basically the opposite. He only has relationships with black women. So what? Then they are attracted to women of another skin-colour.

I don't know-maybe for some people bringing race into it is a way of avoiding confronting the man's behavior for just what it is and not about the race of the women or their looks. Just like maybe making jokes about it is, etc. Maybe it's uncomfortable for some men to confront and/or to call the guy out on his behavior.

What exactly do you mean by that? I don't mean that in a confrontational way, I'm just honestly asking. There was that article by Eugene Robinson in the Washington Post talking about Tiger being "involved" with only white women and that he might have some sort of validation complex. Well actually he called them "Barbie types" and said that attractive women come in all shapes and sizes and have brown skin, etc.

It sure seems bizarre to me for anyone to bring that up as an issue- considering the allegations that he cheated on his wife what now, it's up to twelve women (and on his kids) and allegedly also didn't use condoms? But yes let's make it about race. He makes me sick but I never once thought "gee what's up with Tiger and the white women".

Sportswriters have held back on commenting on the connection. The Tiger Woods thing isn't even on my radar screen as I HATE GOLF and I tune out as soon as the topic comes up. Except this one day when Rush was on in the car I was eating lunch in.

Maybe sportswriters just don't see the race issue as being relevant. For an African American to suggest that Tiger has to validate himself somehow with white women is just a theory of his. The reasons for that, I'd have to ask him. I don't know why that would even be relevant-like I said for me it's his infidelity and the sheer magnitude (at this point maybe we need something like the national debt clock to keep count) and unbelievable gall of it that matters. So if he was cheating with black women or Asian women, what difference does that make? Of course for white men like Rush, if you can use it in some sort of Obama context and it works for you for ___ reasons...

I don't know-maybe for some people bringing race into it is a way of avoiding confronting the man's behavior for just what it is and not about the race of the women or their looks. Just like maybe making jokes about it is, etc. Maybe it's uncomfortable for some men to confront and/or to call the guy out on his behavior.

Well Rush couldn't ever make any comments about infedelity, well let me rephrase that, he has no room to make such comments, but just like drugs he'll make comments about it all the time.

But Rush could care less about the infedelity, Rush just jumps on any chance he can get to make something about race, especially now that a black man is in the office. He'll comment about a middle school fight between a white child and a black child and call it "Obama's America". And INDY and 2861 will stare the racism dead in the face and defend it. :shrug:

If the tables were turned, Rush would never make a comment about how all white people are upset with the man's choice in mistresses.

This was all in the context of Jackson's tv appearance along with his very recent statement to the Congressional Black Caucus (itself upset with the president over portions of his agenda) that "We even have blacks voting against the health care bill. You can't vote against health care and call yourself a black man." Defend that Philly !! Plus the whole Tiger and white women thing that everyone is afraid to touch.

Rush is putting his slant on this for sure, that what he does, but racist it isn't.

ps Bill Hicks was a real pussy cat wasn't he?

What? I'm not a black man. I totally disagree with him and think his statement was absurd, but what's your point here?

No one's afraid to touch it, it's just that he made it into a statement about black people, which could be a sign of dementia.

Rush thinks he has blacks "all figured out," as if they all have the same viewpoint, which is why he's racist. He constantly talks about black people as a whole.

What about Bill Hicks?

Rush thinks he has blacks "all figured out," as if they all have the same viewpoint, which is why he's racist. He constantly talks about black people as a whole.

No, Rush has race hustlers like Jesse Jackson and their liberal cohorts like President Obama figured out. The same Jesse Jackson that is complaining that blacks aren't finding jobs any faster under this administration is the same Jesse Jackson that wanted to snip Obama's balls off in '08 for "talkin' down to black people."
Tiger Woods is adjunct only as he's in the news and, as I say, I don't care.

But is Rush is racist for suggesting that blacks "all have the same viewpoint," then what is Jesse Jackson and his "You can't call yourself a black man and vote against the healthcare bill"? Not much wiggle room for different viewpoints is there?

No, Rush has race hustlers like Jesse Jackson and their liberal cohorts like President Obama figured out. The same Jesse Jackson that is complaining that blacks aren't finding jobs any faster under this administration is the same Jesse Jackson that wanted to snip Obama's balls off in '08 for "talkin' down to black people."
Tiger Woods is adjunct only as he's in the news and, as I say, I don't care.

But is Rush is racist for suggesting that blacks "all have the same viewpoint," then what is Jesse Jackson and his "You can't call yourself a black man and vote against the healthcare bill"? Not much wiggle room for different viewpoints is there?

Did you really just call the president a race hustler?

Yes, Rush is extremely racist.

Jesse Jackson isn't racist, he's something else. Probably delusional more than anything.

Jesse Jackson isn't racist, he's something else. Probably delusional more than anything.

This was my exact response to that post...

Obama a race hustler? WTF of the week, you win INDY!!!

INDY, do you really not understand the difference between the two comments? Really? Or are you just playing up to your stereotype?

Read the sentence again. I was pretty clear to delineate between the two.

Not surprising you'd think that given your just illustrated propensity to hear or read what you want to hear and read.

This was my exact response to that post...

Obama a race hustler? WTF of the week, you win INDY!!!

INDY, do you really not understand the difference between the two comments? Really? Or are you just playing up to your stereotype?

I'd ask you to read my response to Philly... but what good would that do?

Think what ya want.

Read the sentence again. I was pretty clear to delineate between the two.
I understand cohort to mean someone working in association with someone else, so I don't really see how that doesn't mean you're calling him that.
Not surprising you'd think that given your just illustrated propensity to hear or read what you want to hear and read.
Come on, don't make that lazy "you only read what you want to" argument. That's just not true.

You don't think it's racist to state that every single person of a race holds the same viewpoint? I think it is, which is why I used the word for Limbaugh.

You don't think it's delusional to assume that every person of your race should agree with you? I think it is, which is why I used the word for Jackson.

Back
Top Bottom