Glenn Beck Has A Dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tobias.jpg

The question is, do you want a man or a boy?

I know how I'd answer.

Difference is Al Gore is not alone is his pursuit to help the environment.

The only others that believe in Beck's raping and pillaging armageddon are his listeners.

I viscerally hate this piece of crap. He and Palin and all those Fox News people have no souls, let alone principles. Jon Stewart has shown very well what a hypocrite he is.

To call progressivism "bad" is disgusting. The founding fathers weren't ideal men, but they would have tossed this jackass out in no time for the unprincipled fraud he is. It's really frightening how people fall for this stuff. Canada's getting worse, too.

Think Progress ? Beck: ‘African-American is a bogus, PC, made-up term. I mean, that’s not a race.’

Beck: ‘African-American is a bogus, PC, made-up term. I mean, that’s not a race.’

Today on his radio show, Glenn Beck wanted to discuss the census. “Apparently the census has come out,” he said. Beck’s co-host then chimed in, “Yeah and there’s a little confusion because there’s three boxes you can check if you’re a certain race. … I don’t know what the race is because there’s three different terms for them. Black, African-American, or Negro.” Instead of having any consideration to take issue with the term “Negro,” Beck launched into a tirade against “African-American”:

BECK: African-American is a bogus, PC, made-up term. I mean, that’s not a race. Your ancestry is from Africa and now you live in America. Ok so you were brought over — either your family was brought over through the slave trade or you were born here and your family emigrated here or whatever but that is not a race.

Previously, Beck has said that he doesn’t have “a lot of African-American friends, and I think part of it is because I’m afraid that I would be in an open conversation, and I would say something that somebody would take wrong, and then it would be a nightmare.” And recently on his Fox News program, Beck hosted a group of black conservatives and complained that some of them refer to themselves as “African-American.” “Why not identify yourself as Americans?” he asked, adding, “I don’t identify myself as white, or a white American.”

Beck is a moron, and is a flat out racist, BUT I agree with him on one level, why do we have "Black, "African-American", and "Negro"?

Beck always talk about how everyone but him forgets the history of the founding fathers :lol:, but Beck has forgotten the history of America. There was a time, and still actually is in certain parts of the country where people almost always refer to themselves as Irish-Americans or Italian-Americans.

What a fucking moron.

The census people said they added "Negro" because some older black people wrote that in to describe their race in the 2000 census form

I guess they have Black and African American to satisfy all possible preferences that people could have to self identify

I guess he's whatever he wants to identify as. Not for me to say :shrug:

I would say that he has certainly earned the right to call himself whatever he wants to call himself. That doesn't have to be earned at all-but if it did have to be, he'd be among the first to qualify.

What race is Nelson Mandela?

I know your almost void of empathy, but just imagine if the only reason your race was on a certain continent was because they were forced and brought over as property you would probably want a way to identify yourself differently from those with the same color of skin that didn't have to live with that history.

I don't think Mandela will be answering the US census.

I know your almost void of empathy, but just imagine if the only reason your race was on a certain continent was because they were forced and brought over as property you would probably want a way to identify yourself differently from those with the same color of skin that didn't have to live with that history.

I don't think Mandela will be answering the US census.

I believe England had African residents brought by force to their country. So what race is Seal.

images

Ethnicity signifies shared cultural, linguistic, or religious traits

Race signifies shared biological (genetic or phenotypic) traits

So what race is Seal?

Why don't you give him a census form and find out?

What race are you?

How many races in the world would you say there are? How many races are there perceived?

If black people in America would just call themselves Americans and put that on all forms and applications there would be no documentation for all those phony, bullshit claims of discrimination.

Why don't you give him a census form and find out?
Is there something wrong with black?
What race are you?
Gee, always thought I was white but I guess I'm an Indianian-American.
How many races in the world would you say there are?

Lets, see. There's the Indy 500, Daytona 500, 24 Hours of Le Mans, The U.S. Nationals, the Grand Prix of Brazil, Japanese Grand Prix, Grand Prix of... Well, thousands I imagine.

In Canada that is the most common term used. Probably because large parts of our black community hails from the Caribbean and many of those would take offence at being classified as African anything. Every one of my black friends and co-workers identifies as black.

That said, what's it to you? You're free to call yourself white and others can call themselves as they wish. Why it should bother you is beyond me.

I don't know you tell me. Is he black because of his skin color, or because both his parents were, or grandparents? Isn't his mother "brown"?

Gee, always thought I was white but I guess I'm an Indianian-American.
Nice try but not equatable.

Race is something that is often defined by culture, time, and not exactly scientific.

But if we want to stick to previous definitions there are:

Caucasoid race
Congoid race
Capoid race
Mongoloid race
Australoid race

Probably not exactly the way you would make a census form, eh?

In Canada that is the most common term used. Probably because large parts of our black community hails from the Caribbean and many of those would take offence at being classified as African anything. Every one of my black friends and co-workers identifies as black.

That said, what's it to you? You're free to call yourself white and others can call themselves as they wish. Why it should bother you is beyond me.

It bother me that Glenn Beck is called a f@#king moron for saying, "African-American is a bogus, PC, made-up term. I mean, that’s not a race."

It bothers me that some Americans are so PC they don't know what to call a black man or woman from another country.

Well maybe you should consider the source. And maybe if Glenn Beck didn't have a history of questionable comments and maybe if he realized that you attract more flies with honey than with vinegar, you wouldn't have this reaction from some people.

He has, through his own actions and his own words and the aggressive, militant tone in which he delivers them, sealed his own fate.

It bother me that Glenn Beck is called a f@#king moron for saying, "African-American is a bogus, PC, made-up term. I mean, that’s not a race."

It bothers me that some Americans are so PC they don't know what to call a black man or woman from another country.

:doh: You missed the point yet again. Beck's a moron not because he said they didn't refer to themselves as black, but that they didn't refer to themselves as just "Americans". He wasn't talking about race. Maybe one should read the article. :doh:

Back
Top Bottom