Glenn Beck Has A Dream - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #451
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:18 AM
HOLY SHIT!

These might not be up for long, or hopefully more will pop up. This is some of the most amazing stuff I've ever seen. Fucking nuts. And try and keep up with your error count - it's hard, but do try.

Seriously. Watch. Watch. Watch.

Glenn Beck Restoring Courage - YouTube
Glenn Beck Restoring Courage - YouTube

Old 08-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #452
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:18 PM
I could only take about 40 seconds. Anyone who actually watches the 10 min one deserves a medal.

So now he's a preacher? Seeing him there is just icky to me, sorry.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #453
Blue Crack Addict

I also couldn't stomach watching more than a minute - did he make it to the part where he hopes that all Jews return to Israel so as to induce judgment day, at which 2/3 of them will be killed and 1/3 will convert to Christianity? Or no?
Old 08-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #454
Blue Crack Supplier

he's not even making any sense. it's less crazy and more incoherent. it's just a series of strung together buzz words.

i will say that it's remarkable how quickly he's dropped off the radar in the past year.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #455
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
did he make it to the part where he hopes that all Jews return to Israel so as to induce judgment day, at which 2/3 of them will be killed and 1/3 will convert to Christianity? Or no?

nah, it's little more than "you're so awesome for havin' beliefs like you do" self-esteem bromide.

sounds like he's run out of steam and is just a motivational speaker.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #456
ONE
love, blood, life

He needs to start drinking again
Old 08-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #457
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i will say that it's remarkable how quickly he's dropped off the radar in the past year.
You can't always be the locomotive on the crazy train. There will always be newer, fresher crazies ready to usurp your position. Now he's like the crazy who picks up the horse poop at the end of the parade.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #458
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I also couldn't stomach watching more than a minute - did he make it to the part where he hopes that all Jews return to Israel so as to induce judgment day, at which 2/3 of them will be killed and 1/3 will convert to Christianity? Or no?
In a way, yes. He's certainly on the topic. Some vague looming battle that everyone has to get all worked up about and he's standing up now and he's stood up before and he'll stand up again and soon they're all going to have to stand up. The crowd in front of him is clearly mostly not local either. He's talking to them - and they know what he's talking about.

I can't help but find it fascinating. Just in those 15 minutes there's so much gibberish and bullshit, so much error, and this thing actually went on for an hour! Yet it's all bang on target, right? It doesn't even need to make sense. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #459
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie Shavers View Post
Yet it's all bang on target, right? It doesn't even need to make sense. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

all you need to do is reinforce the brand, it's a lifestyle and identity he's marketing.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #460
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie Shavers View Post
Just in those 15 minutes there's so much gibberish and bullshit, so much error, and this thing actually went on for an hour! Yet it's all bang on target, right? It doesn't even need to make sense. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.
Those bits were not terribly inspiring or memorable but what exactly is the "holy shit,""gibberish and bullshit" stuff? Maybe it's just been a while since you've heard Israel defended unequivocally as an ally of freedom. Maybe it's been a while since you've heard from a public speaker that all we call human rights, law and liberty sprang from the Judeo-Christian virtues of Jerusalem to form the bedrock of Western Civilization.

Or maybe it's just been a while since you've heard that stuff applauded.

Anyway, you specifically tell me what the crazy stuff is--and why it's so crazy--and I'll see if I can defend it in my own meek and humble way. No Glenn Beck I.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #461
Blue Crack Supplier

can you tell us all about Israeli Exceptionalism and how it compares to American Exceptionalism?

are there any other exceptional countries, or just these two?
Old 08-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #462
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
can you tell us all about Israeli Exceptionalism and how it compares to American Exceptionalism?

are there any other exceptional countries, or just these two?
That's the holy shit, crazy part? American Exceptionalism?

Well, I can tell you what Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin thought:

Quote:
"Resolved, That Dr. Franklin, Mr. J. Adams and Mr. Jefferson, be a committee, to bring in a device for a seal for the United States of America." – July 4, 1776, Journals of Continental Congress

Benjamin Franklin's proposal is preserved in a note of his own handwriting:

"Moses standing on the Shore, and extending his Hand over the Sea, thereby causing the same to overwhelm Pharaoh who is sitting in an open Chariot, a Crown on his Head and a Sword in his Hand. Rays from a Pillar of Fire in the Clouds reaching to Moses, to express that he acts by Command of the Deity.

Thomas Jefferson also suggested allegorical scenes. For the front of the seal: children of Israel in the wilderness, led by a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night.
First Committee's Design for the Great Seal - 1776
Old 08-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #463
Blue Crack Supplier

no, i'm interested in what you think.

i know that American conservatives not only conflate America with Israel, but the "founding fathers" with Jesus and God, but i was wondering if you could explain to me why this little country that's really good at killing Arabs is in control of American foreign policy and can do no wrong in the eyes of American Christians who, 60 years ago, were looking for horns and worried about getting jewed down all the time?
Old 08-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #464
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Maybe it's just been a while since you've heard Israel defended unequivocally as an ally of freedom.
I haven't heard anyone unequivocally defend New Zealand as an ally of freedom in some time, but I'm not sure that they need such a defence. Why does Israel need the defence? I've heard no-one deny it. I'm not aware of any threats to it. And if you were unsure about it, you could always check wikipedia or something, takes all of two minutes.

Quote:
Maybe it's been a while since you've heard from a public speaker that all we call human rights, law and liberty sprang from the Judeo-Christian virtues of Jerusalem to form the bedrock of Western Civilization.
The history and development/evolution of the 'Judeo-Christian' foundation of our human rights, law, liberty etc is some other monster of a thread. I don't disagree in principle, but it's certainly not simplistic.

Anyway, its late-ish here and I'm up for picking Beck apart directly, but not right now. Hopefully those clips are still working tomorrow, or better yet, the whole thing pops up. Sneak Preview: It's mostly gibberish and bullshit.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #465
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

also, pretty sure that "Children of Israel" does not mean "Jews," especially if we're viewing the world with 18th century monocles.