Glenn Beck Has A Dream - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-10-2009, 08:14 AM   #31
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Of course the article fails to mention that Rush was commenting on clips of Jesse Jackson on a recent television show sounding less than pleased with the President's first year agenda.

But that would be real journalism rather than pushing a point of view.
Did you actually listen to this segment? This is what he claimed he did, but it's not actually what he did. I actually listened to it and his spin was his typical schtick.
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,252
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Did you actually listen to this segment? This is what he claimed he did, but it's not actually what he did. I actually listened to it and his spin was his typical schtick.
What are you talking about? I listened to the segment on Tuesday and that's exactly what he did...
__________________

__________________
2861U2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:01 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,252
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I'll wait for the left to condemn this garbage. I'll wait for them to condemn violent, dangerous, hateful rhetoric that serves no purpose but to halt decent discussion, even if it is meant as "comedy."

I don't know why you would post that, JT. Do you really think that video is at all funny? That's the type of person you are? I think you can do better.
__________________
2861U2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:29 AM   #34
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 01:54 PM
It's the Onion, why should anyone have to condemn it?
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:38 AM   #35
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
What are you talking about? I listened to the segment on Tuesday and that's exactly what he did...
Nowhere in the Jesse Jackson piece that he was "commenting" on mentioned anything about Tiger Woods or "black frame of mind" or being "depressed". You can defend this guy all you want, you've had blatant racism and sexism placed right before your eyes several times in here and have turned a blind eye to, even denied it, so I'm sure this time won't be any different. But the truth is pretty obvious.

In fact the quote that Rush did use was doctored, two seperate quotes put together. The Rude Pundit: Limbaugh Doctored Jesse Jackson Quote to Make It Look Like Jackson Opposes Obama - Democratic Underground
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #36
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Of course the article fails to mention that Rush was commenting on clips of Jesse Jackson on a recent television show sounding less than pleased with the President's first year agenda.

But that would be real journalism rather than pushing a point of view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
What are you talking about? I listened to the segment on Tuesday and that's exactly what he did...
I just lost so much respect for both of you every time you defend this piece of shit. Rush Limbaugh is a piece of shit. He should be an embarrassment to you and people of your viewpoint. Don't try and turn this around on me and say I defend pieces of shit, because A) that's not really true at all and B) no one I associate myself with in the public eye is as despicable a human as Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh is the scum of the Earth, and I mean that with full sincerity and objectivity.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,290
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
I'll wait for the left to condemn this garbage.
"The left" should be condemning a satirical publication? Are you for real?
__________________
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #38
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
I'll wait for the left to condemn this garbage. I'll wait for them to condemn violent, dangerous, hateful rhetoric that serves no purpose but to halt decent discussion, even if it is meant as "comedy."

I don't know why you would post that, JT. Do you really think that video is at all funny? That's the type of person you are? I think you can do better.
But it's not serious. Glenn Beck is serious. Rush Limbaugh is serious. Bill O'Reilly is serious.

I would only ask you to condemn people who are serious and have hateful rhetoric that serves no purpose but to halt decent discussion. And by that, I mean Beck and Limbaugh.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
I don't know why you would post that, JT. Do you really think that video is at all funny? That's the type of person you are? I think you can do better.
I think its hilarious, to be honest. So ya, I guess thats the type of person I am. What kind of person gets so bend out of shape over satire? You need to lighten up and stop taking life so seriously, chief

And why did I post it? Sometimes FYM gets too far up its own ass and needs a laugh. Lighten up, Sunshine
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:40 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I just lost so much respect for both of you every time you defend this piece of shit. Rush Limbaugh is a piece of shit. He should be an embarrassment to you and people of your viewpoint. Don't try and turn this around on me and say I defend pieces of shit, because A) that's not really true at all and B) no one I associate myself with in the public eye is as despicable a human as Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh is the scum of the Earth, and I mean that with full sincerity and objectivity.
This was all in the context of Jackson's tv appearance along with his very recent statement to the Congressional Black Caucus (itself upset with the president over portions of his agenda) that "We even have blacks voting against the health care bill. You can't vote against health care and call yourself a black man." Defend that Philly !! Plus the whole Tiger and white women thing that everyone is afraid to touch.

Rush is putting his slant on this for sure, that what he does, but racist it isn't.

ps Bill Hicks was a real pussy cat wasn't he?
__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #41
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Plus the whole Tiger and white women thing that everyone is afraid to touch.

Rush is putting his slant on this for sure, that what he does, but racist it isn't.
You don't think that "joke" alone was racist?

Really?
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,984
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Plus the whole Tiger and white women thing that everyone is afraid to touch.
What exactly do you mean by that? I don't mean that in a confrontational way, I'm just honestly asking. There was that article by Eugene Robinson in the Washington Post talking about Tiger being "involved" with only white women and that he might have some sort of validation complex. Well actually he called them "Barbie types" and said that attractive women come in all shapes and sizes and have brown skin, etc.

It sure seems bizarre to me for anyone to bring that up as an issue- considering the allegations that he cheated on his wife what now, it's up to twelve women (and on his kids) and allegedly also didn't use condoms? But yes let's make it about race. He makes me sick but I never once thought "gee what's up with Tiger and the white women".
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Vincent Vega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 6,615
Local Time: 08:54 PM
Boris Becker, former German tennis player is basically the opposite. He only has relationships with black women. So what? Then they are attracted to women of another skin-colour.
__________________
Vincent Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,984
Local Time: 02:54 PM
I don't know-maybe for some people bringing race into it is a way of avoiding confronting the man's behavior for just what it is and not about the race of the women or their looks. Just like maybe making jokes about it is, etc. Maybe it's uncomfortable for some men to confront and/or to call the guy out on his behavior.
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
What exactly do you mean by that? I don't mean that in a confrontational way, I'm just honestly asking. There was that article by Eugene Robinson in the Washington Post talking about Tiger being "involved" with only white women and that he might have some sort of validation complex. Well actually he called them "Barbie types" and said that attractive women come in all shapes and sizes and have brown skin, etc.

It sure seems bizarre to me for anyone to bring that up as an issue- considering the allegations that he cheated on his wife what now, it's up to twelve women (and on his kids) and allegedly also didn't use condoms? But yes let's make it about race. He makes me sick but I never once thought "gee what's up with Tiger and the white women".
Sportswriters have held back on commenting on the connection. The Tiger Woods thing isn't even on my radar screen as I HATE GOLF and I tune out as soon as the topic comes up. Except this one day when Rush was on in the car I was eating lunch in.
__________________

__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I had a Dream Justin24 Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 8 04-13-2006 06:44 PM
I had the strangest, most uncomforting dream Danospano Zoo Confessionals 12 03-01-2004 09:24 AM
What did you dream last night? Idaho Lemonade Stand Archive 46 09-22-2003 06:52 PM
Dream killer scatteroflight Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 7 08-14-2001 01:06 PM
When the Night Arrives (David Dream 1) UpwiththeSun Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 0 06-08-2001 02:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com