Glenn Beck Has A Dream - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-23-2010, 12:02 AM   #361
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
OHHHHHHH, The biggest softball question of all-time.

Off the top of my head;

Maxine Waters who stated in a congressional hearing that "this liberal will be all about nationalizing oil companies."

Bernie Sanders of the Socialist Party

Alan Grayson. A partisan nut who called our healthcare system a "holocaust." Talk about lack of proportion.

Andre Carson. The black congressman that has been proven to had lied about being call the n-word 15 times.

The Black Caucus members that visit Cuba to pay their respects to Fidel Castro. Disgraceful.

Jim Mcdermott, who was actually flown into Iraq by Saddam Hussein to propagandize against the war. A 1st class tool.

Hank Johnson of Georgia who is concerned that global warming will cause the island of Guam to CAPSIZE.

Dennis Kucinich. Need I say more. As left-wing economically as you can get.

Then you have those "left-wing idiots" that are completely out-of-touch with Americans on health care, immigration, energy, the Tea Parties and government spending.

100 days and counting. 100 days and counting.
None of these people have near the influence that the extremists on the right have, a fact for which I am sad, and you, presumably should be glad.
__________________

__________________
maycocksean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #362
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,984
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBORCITYOBL View Post
No I believe he's just an idiot with selective memory and he uses it to push his ideology

I was only kidding It's rather obvious that's what he is.

It's like taking edited videos and using them for certain purposes and suddenly a person is out of a job and labeled a racist because these people can even control what the WH does. Pathetic.
__________________

__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #363
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
YBORCITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: FLA
Posts: 5,139
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I was only kidding It's rather obvious that's what he is.

It's like taking edited videos and using them for certain purposes and suddenly a person is out of a job and labeled a racist because these people can even control what the WH does. Pathetic.
Mrs.Springsteen - I knew that what you said was in total jest but what I said was more for Indy, Iron Horse and those guys.

I can't believe that the once proud GOP is down to editing a video and making believe it was real - it's actually beyond pathetic.
__________________
YBORCITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #364
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBORCITYOBL View Post
Mrs.Springsteen - I knew that what you said was in total jest but what I said was more for Indy, Iron Horse and those guys.

I can't believe that the once proud GOP is down to editing a video and making believe it was real - it's actually beyond pathetic.
I'd love to see you post more here. Unfortunately, most of the conservative reps on this forum seem to have drunk the Beck kool-aid and it's very difficult to have a real discussion (though in fairness, there have been moments of genuine debate with most of the regular posters). I'd like to hear some solid conservative arguments rather than the kind of hoopla we usually get.
__________________
maycocksean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #365
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
what seems to be lost on Beck is that the anti-Japanese prejudice is one of the great shames of World War II.

I'm surprised he isn't advocating internment camps.

You'll get no defending of Japanese-Americans getting their rights taken away. And I consider Japan today to be one of our best trading partners. But America's anti-Japanese prejudice in the 40's was no shame, in fact, it was not only warranted but vital.

Just a reminder. Japan attacked the United States and declared war on us. They were a formidable foe and an imperialistic country with a cult of personality leader in Emperor Hirohito. (Kamikaze pilots were the 1st suicide bombers.) American along with Allied and Chinese POWs were brutally treated and abused. Real war crimes, atrocities and torture (unlike the politically puffed-up charges against GWB). Japan made no secret of its intentions to ignore the Geneva Conventions. Hundreds of thousands of prisoners were forced to work in prison camps. Between dysentery and the working conditions almost 20,000 Allied POWs died building the Death Railway in Burma.

Read a book called Ship of Ghosts about POWs from the USS Houston during WWII and you'll never call the waterboarding of 3 detainees under the strictest medical supervision and only for information to save lives... torture or a war crime. And you'll see that there is no shame for dropping atomic bombs on Japan or showing anti-Empire of Japan prejudice.



Even Bugs Bunny was ready to kill "Nips" and "Japs."
__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #366
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
You'll get no defending of Japanese-Americans getting their rights taken away. And I consider Japan today to be one of our best trading partners. But America's anti-Japanese prejudice in the 40's was no shame, in fact, it was not only warranted but vital.

Just a reminder. Japan attacked the United states and declared war on us. They were a formidable foe and an imperialistic country with a cult of personality leader in Emperor Hirohito. (Kamikaze pilots were the 1st suicide bombers.) American along with Allied and Chinese POWs were brutally treated and abused. Real war crimes, atrocities and torture (unlike the politically puffed-up charges against GWB). Japan made no secret of its intentions to ignore the Geneva Conventions. Hundreds of thousands of prisoners were forced to work in prison camps. Between dysentery and the working conditions almost 20,000 Allied POWs died building the Death Railway in Burma.

Read a book called Ship of Ghosts about POWs from the USS Houston during WWII and you'll never call the waterboarding of 3 detainees under the strictest medical supervision and only for information to save lives... torture or a war crime. And you'll see that there is no shame for dropping atomic bombs on Japan or showing anti-Imperialist-Japan prejudice.



Even Bugs Bunny was ready to kill "Nips" and "Japs."
Here's a zany, far-out, idea. How about adjudging torture wrong whether it is committed by recent US administration or Japan 70 years ago? Why is that rubicon so difficult to cross for you?
__________________
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #367
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,289
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
But America's anti-Japanese prejudice in the 40's was no shame, in fact, it was not only warranted but vital.
Just when I thought I have heard it all on this forum, this.

I hope you are so open minded about what people around the world feel is "warranted" and "vital" when they encounter Americans in their midst.
__________________
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #368
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Andre Carson. The black congressman that has been proven to had lied about being call the n-word 15 times.

is this really the best you can do?

i mean, seriously:

My bad, of course the Left long ago ceased to be embarrassed or shamed by bold-faced lying or playing the race card for political gain. In fact, nowadays it's SOP for the Left isn't it? Well, how about this far left-wing idiot...

Quote:
July 22, 2010

WITI-TV, MILWAUKEE - An independent candidate running for the state Assembly in Milwaukee won't be able to describe herself on the ballot using the statement "NOT the 'whiteman's bitch."

State law allows independent candidates to have five words describing them placed after their name on the ballot.

Ieshuh Griffin argued the phrase was protected free speech.

But the state Government Accountability Board said Wednesday that the statement was pejorative and not allowed.

The board is composed of white, retired judges. Three of them voted to allow the description but two did not. She needed four votes.
__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:07 PM   #369
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Just when I thought I have heard it all on this forum, this.

I hope you are so open minded about what people around the world feel is "warranted" and "vital" when they encounter Americans in their midst.
You didn't even bother to read the whole post did you?

Just more hate from a conservative right?

I have to wonder about what type of garbage you've been taught about the United States and WWII. And if you're under a certain age I wouldn't actually blame you for some beliefs you may have.
__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:21 PM   #370
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Here's a zany, far-out, idea. How about adjudging torture wrong whether it is committed by recent US administration or Japan 70 years ago? Why is that rubicon so difficult to cross for you?
Thank goodness some countries were willing to take on the Axis armies.
__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #371
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,881
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
You didn't even bother to read the whole post did you?

Just more hate from a conservative right?

I have to wonder about what type of garbage you've been taught about the United States and WWII. And if you're under a certain age I wouldn't actually blame you for some beliefs you may have.
Your post only talked about Imperialist Japan. The injustice of the 40s was the treatment of Japanese-Americans and Japanese immigrants in America.
__________________
PhilsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #372
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,881
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
My bad, of course the Left long ago ceased to be embarrassed or shamed by bold-faced lying or playing the race card for political gain. In fact, nowadays it's SOP for the Left isn't it? Well, how about this far left-wing idiot...
You do realize that you responded to a post criticizing you for cherry-picking and using huge stretches of logic ... by cherry-picking and using huge stretches of logic, right?
__________________
PhilsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:51 PM   #373
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Thank goodness some countries were willing to take on the Axis armies.
I disagree with the Irish neutrality policy during WWII.
__________________
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:53 PM   #374
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
You'll get no defending of Japanese-Americans getting their rights taken away. And I consider Japan today to be one of our best trading partners. But America's anti-Japanese prejudice in the 40's was no shame, in fact, it was not only warranted but vital.

Just a reminder. Japan attacked the United States and declared war on us. They were a formidable foe and an imperialistic country with a cult of personality leader in Emperor Hirohito. (Kamikaze pilots were the 1st suicide bombers.) American along with Allied and Chinese POWs were brutally treated and abused. Real war crimes, atrocities and torture (unlike the politically puffed-up charges against GWB). Japan made no secret of its intentions to ignore the Geneva Conventions. Hundreds of thousands of prisoners were forced to work in prison camps. Between dysentery and the working conditions almost 20,000 Allied POWs died building the Death Railway in Burma.

Read a book called Ship of Ghosts about POWs from the USS Houston during WWII and you'll never call the waterboarding of 3 detainees under the strictest medical supervision and only for information to save lives... torture or a war crime. And you'll see that there is no shame for dropping atomic bombs on Japan or showing anti-Empire of Japan prejudice.



Even Bugs Bunny was ready to kill "Nips" and "Japs."
The actions of the Japanese government in Japan have NOTHING to do with the Japanese-AMERICANS who were interned unjustly due to racial prejudice. There were no German-American internment camps, though Nazi Germany was also an enemy of the United States and also responsible for horrific atrocities and inhumanities.

Despite the their unjust treatment, Japanese-Americans in the camps remained loyal to their country and in fact the unit of Japanese-American soldiers that fought in the European theater were one of the most decorated.

I'm not rewriting U.S. history here, but you are. Your statement that the internment of Japanese-AMERICANS was warranted and vital implies that in fact U.S. citizens of Japanese descent were a real threat and only the liberal rewriting of history that has turnred these dangerous conspirators into victims. Such nonsense is revisionism at its worst.

And that you would use a cartoon that uses such blatant racial stereotypes as support for your argument is just unbelievable.


Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Just when I thought I have heard it all on this forum, this.

I hope you are so open minded about what people around the world feel is "warranted" and "vital" when they encounter Americans in their midst.
No joke.
__________________
maycocksean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:00 PM   #375
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 03:06 PM
nm
__________________

__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I had a Dream Justin24 Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 8 04-13-2006 06:44 PM
I had the strangest, most uncomforting dream Danospano Zoo Confessionals 12 03-01-2004 09:24 AM
What did you dream last night? Idaho Lemonade Stand Archive 46 09-22-2003 06:52 PM
Dream killer scatteroflight Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 7 08-14-2001 01:06 PM
When the Night Arrives (David Dream 1) UpwiththeSun Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 0 06-08-2001 02:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com